Works well in general but I wish it had more customization. I HATE the latest change with Windows 8/10 style picture blocks filling up the screen for each section. Why can't I choose a list option? Or how about giving us a good search feature?
Desperately needs to get on-par with NY Times in terms of offline download and subscriber access. Integrating ePaper for subscribers needs to happen, as well.
Too many notifications. I turned them all off and still get a handful per day. With everything off there should be zero.
Turned alerts off and still get "breaking news" that is not of any significance to me. This problem has disappeared and reappeared numerous times.
Can't search I got this app so I could later access articles I saw in the print version. But I can't search. And the second in the app don't match well to the second in the print version (Points, for example). I can rarely find the articles I'm looking for!
Far as I can tell, I can't read anything without a subscription. And as mentioned - notification overload. It's really frustrating to get notified about an article you can't read.
Thank you for your feedback. We continually make updates based on what you say.
- Redesigned tablet app supports Front Page view that makes articles easier to find and read.
- Better advertising experience on tablets.
- More articles will be available on the Front Page
- Front Page articles are up to date and better curated
- Updated list view for each topic makes articles easier to identify and find
- Bug fixes