- Up to the minute local news
- Current weather conditions, short term and extended forecasts, radar map, allergy, pollen and weather alerts
- Captivating full screen video and photo galleries
- The latest national and collegiate sports and scores
- Packers, Badgers, Sports, Life, Entertainment, Life, Technology and Business news with Opinion
- News alerts sent to your device with an option to set a quiet time period
- Share news, photos and video via Facebook, Twitter or email
The FDL Reporter is Fond du Lac’s leading source for local news and information.
Hurricanes, floods, tornados, earthquakes, shooter on campus, hockey riots and more. We live in wildly unpredictable times. When stuff happens near you, having the best information can help you get out of harm’s way.
People will help people in times of trouble
ELERTS allows people on the street to make a difference by sharing what they see during an emergency. By using smartphones with cameras, GPS and mapping, average citizens can become Citizen Reporters in an emergency or disaster. Sharing what you see can help others.
Traditional emergency systems were designed to push instructional messages out, with little or no involvement by the public. ELERTS has knocked this outdated model over, by employing smart phones and social media networks to bring the public into the process. With ELERTS, anyone can become a citizen responder, helping others by sharing information and helping Emergency managers to spread the word on how to get out of harm’s way.
* We are experiencing a revolution in mobile communication technology, yet most ER systems still focus on pushing automated messages out by the lowest common denominator technology, SMS. They have done little to embrace the new mobile technology that allows two-way communications. Given the rapid adoption of smart phones and the explosion of social media, this is a problem that should not exist today.
* The best ER system will combine traditional command-and-control messaging to first responders and public safety staff, with a readily available, easy-to-use, two-way communications that engages large segments of the general population in the response process.
* ELERTS two-way mobile communication turns citizens into assets vs. liabilities, in a crisis.
* Emergency alerts from official sources:
- - NOAA (severe weather)
- - USGS (earthquakes)
- - EPA (radiation levels)
* Crowdsourced alerts
- - People with smartphones sharing info
- - 2-way communication
* Photo taking & photo sharing emergency
* Map showing how close you are to emergency
* Emergency resources
- - Red Cross
- - FEMA
- - NOAA
- - Ready.gov
- - Alaska & Pacific Tsunami Centers
* Choose locations to monitor for emergency
- - Every college in USA
- - Every city and town in USA
* Alerts by type
- - Crime
- - Earthquake
- - Explosion
- - Fire
- - Flood
- - Medical Emergency
- - Power outage
- - Shooting
- - Suspicious activity
- - Tornado
- - Unattended bag or package
- - Vehicle accident
* And more.
ELERTS – the right tool for the wrong situations.
Why wouldn’t you install this free app?
• Breaking news alerts and severe weather coverage with live streaming video
• Comprehensive local news coverage for the Abilene and Big Country area, including Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Jones, Kent, Knox, Mitchell, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor and Throckmorton counties
• Top stories of the day
• Today’s forecast and 7-day forecast
• School closings
• Area sports coverage, including:
o High School sports coverage for more than 50 teams
o ACU Wildcats
o HSU Cowboys
o McMurry War Hawks
• Editorials and letters to the editor
Exclusive app features:
• Breaking news information and content, updated as stories develop
• Updated text stories, video and photos from the Abilene Reporter-News and Reporternews.com
• Most popular and currently trending stories
• Share important stories with your friends via Facebook, Twitter and email, directly from the app
- Breaking news notifications sent directly to your mobile device.
- Watch live breaking news when it happens and get live updates from our reporters right from the scene.
- Get current weather conditions, hourly and the 5-day forecasts from Storm Team 8 meteorologists.
- Our interactive radar lets you zoom in to the street level and see storms as they approach your home. Move around and see snow, storm warnings and lightning.
- Politics from city hall to the state capitol reported by the KCCI newsroom.
- Email your own photos and videos with u local and your content could be used on KCCI.com and on NewsChannel 8 newscasts on TV!
- Follow latest news on the Iowa Hawkeyes, ISU Cyclones, Iowa Cubs, and more of your favorite sports teams.
- Submit breaking news tips to our newsroom right from the app.
- Be alerted to breaking news with push notifications.
- Watch live streaming breaking news when it happens and get live updates from our reporters.
- Submit breaking news, news tips and email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom and it could be featured on air.
- Comment on stories that matter to you and share stories with email or on your social media pages.
- Follow latest news on the Pittsburgh Steelers, Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Penguins and other local sports teams.
- Check out current weather conditions, hourly and 7 day forecasts wherever you might be.
- Our interactive radar lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity.
- See weather alerts, school and business closings and watch daily videocasts from your favorite meteorologist.
More from developer
The X Factor
Up All Night
Take Me Home
This Is Us
Back For You
Best Song Ever
Better Than Words
Don't Forget Where You Belong
Gotta Be You
Last First Kiss
Little Black Dress
Little White Lies
Live While We're Young
More Than This
One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks)
Story of My Life
Tell Me A Lie
Through The Dark
Up All Night
What Makes You Beautiful
You & I
Louis: BooBear, Tommo
Harry: Hazza or Haz
Liam: Daddy Directioner
Zayn: DJ Malik
Louis: Hughy or Chop Suey
About One Direction:
One Direction are an English-Irish pop boy band based in London, consisting of Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. They signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records after being formed and finishing third in the seventh series of the British televised singing competition The X Factor in 2010. Propelled to international success by the power of social media, One Direction's three albums Up All Night, Take Me Home and Midnight Memories released in 2011, 2012 and 2013 respectively, broke several records, topped the charts of most major markets, and generated hit singles, which include "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Story Of My Life".
Their achievements include two BRIT Awards and four MTV Video Music Awards among many others. According to Nick Gatfield, the chairman and chief executive of Sony Music Entertainment UK, One Direction represented a $50 million business empire by June 2012. They were proclaimed 2012's "Top New Artist" by Billboard. By April 2013, the band had an estimated personal combined wealth of £25 million. After the release of Midnight Memories, One Direction became the first band in Billboard 200 history to have their first three albums debut at no. 1. Additionally, the album was a global success, debuting at #1 on the UK Albums Chart and US Billboard 200 albums chart and becoming the fastest and biggest selling album of 2013 in the UK.
One Direction have supported many charities and foundations, including Alzheimer's Association, Comic Relief, Greenpeace. Mines Advisory Group, Sport Relief and Trekstock.