Enter Airwave, Alaska’s first live streaming mobile app for local news and entertainment programming.
With Airwave, Channel 2 News and other select KTUU-TV programs can be streamed live right to your mobile device. Get the latest news, weather and sports from Alaska’s most trusted news source no matter where you go. Stay current without changing your plans. What a concept.
Oh, and one more thing. With Airwave’s Video on Demand feature, you can save programs for up to three days. Now that’s something. Imagine the possibilities…
Stuck late in a mind-numbing meeting? Not a problem.
Can’t get the TV remote from the kung-fu grip of your significant other? Easy as can be.
Trying to limit out by landing one more stubborn Sockeye? Piece of cake.
No matter what you've been up to, with Airwave Channel 2 News and other select KTUU-TV programming will be there waiting for you on your mobile device. Now that’s really something.
It’s a modern world, and we like it that way.
Now that we have your attention, here’s a brief overview of the programs that you’ll be watching on the fly with Airwave:
• Channel 2 News: Stream every newscast from Alaska’s News Source. You won’t miss a single breaking news update, feature story, weather forecast or sports highlight. Imagine being able to watch Alaska’s award-winning news team no matter where you are. Now that’s good service, don’t you think? For 60 years, Channel 2 News has been Alaska’s most trusted source for statewide news and information. We’ve prided ourselves on being innovative in meeting your needs—in fact, you can’t generate more than 20 hours of news each week, while also filling KTUU.com and several mobile apps with content without being innovative. Still, with Airwave, we’ve taken it to the next level.
• Channel 2 News Special Programming: Throughout the year, Channel 2 News broadcasts many special programs outside of the normal cycle of newscasts. From live Iron Dog and Iditarod coverage to in-depth features such as The 49th Report and One Alaska, you’ll get them all on Airwave. What’s not to like about that?
• Select KTUU-TV Programming: KTUU-TV has a spectacular lineup of syndicated entertainment programming. As Airwave grows, we’ll be adding more and more shows to the mix for your viewing pleasure. So, stay tuned.
Receive the latest local and breaking news from Anchorage, Wasilla, Fairbanks, Juneau, and the Mat-Su valley area in Alaska. The Anchorage Daily News and ADN.com reports on the local topics you care about including local, weather, traffic, crime, sports and national news.
Features of the app include:
• Breaking news alerts and real-time updates.
• The local news and sports topics you care about from around the Mat-Su Valley area.
• View stunning photos and galleries of news coverage and events.
• The Anchorage Daily News opinions, editorials, and columns you love.
• Ability to share stories and galleries on Facebook, Twitter, or by email.
More from developer
The X Factor
Up All Night
Take Me Home
This Is Us
Back For You
Best Song Ever
Better Than Words
Don't Forget Where You Belong
Gotta Be You
Last First Kiss
Little Black Dress
Little White Lies
Live While We're Young
More Than This
One Way Or Another (Teenage Kicks)
Story of My Life
Tell Me A Lie
Through The Dark
Up All Night
What Makes You Beautiful
You & I
Louis: BooBear, Tommo
Harry: Hazza or Haz
Liam: Daddy Directioner
Zayn: DJ Malik
Louis: Hughy or Chop Suey
About One Direction:
One Direction are an English-Irish pop boy band based in London, consisting of Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. They signed with Simon Cowell's record label Syco Records after being formed and finishing third in the seventh series of the British televised singing competition The X Factor in 2010. Propelled to international success by the power of social media, One Direction's three albums Up All Night, Take Me Home and Midnight Memories released in 2011, 2012 and 2013 respectively, broke several records, topped the charts of most major markets, and generated hit singles, which include "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Story Of My Life".
Their achievements include two BRIT Awards and four MTV Video Music Awards among many others. According to Nick Gatfield, the chairman and chief executive of Sony Music Entertainment UK, One Direction represented a $50 million business empire by June 2012. They were proclaimed 2012's "Top New Artist" by Billboard. By April 2013, the band had an estimated personal combined wealth of £25 million. After the release of Midnight Memories, One Direction became the first band in Billboard 200 history to have their first three albums debut at no. 1. Additionally, the album was a global success, debuting at #1 on the UK Albums Chart and US Billboard 200 albums chart and becoming the fastest and biggest selling album of 2013 in the UK.
One Direction have supported many charities and foundations, including Alzheimer's Association, Comic Relief, Greenpeace. Mines Advisory Group, Sport Relief and Trekstock.
The Man App may include information from:
Sports, sex & relationships, dating news sources
Elle Men (International)
Esquire For Men
"Four El Magazine"
GO (Guys Only)
Indy Men's Magazine (Defunct)
Man of the World Magazine
Men's Vogue (defunct)
New Man (Christian lifestyle magazine)
Weekly Asahi Geinō