Manage & order repeat prescriptions with the Pharmacy2U app.
Life isn’t easy. If you have to organise repeat prescriptions for yourself, a family member or as a carer, that’s something else to worry about. Pharmacy2U is here to help make life easier, saving you time and effort, so you can get on with the important things.
The new Pharmacy2U app, available for free, allows you to do the following:
• Request you repeat prescriptions where ever you are.
• Join our popular prescription ordering reminder service or amend your chosen preferences. You can also update when your next reminder is due.
• Check the status of your order and see whether the prescription has been dispatched
• Update personal details
• Change password
• Amend or update preferred delivery addresses
• Add or remove payment details
• Review your current exemption details (for NHS prescription service only)
Why not securely & conveniently manage your repeat prescriptions with Pharmacy2U's app for Android devices?
Getting health advice really couldn’t be easier! Simply work through one of our clinically tested health assessment tools by selecting your symptoms and answering some short questions about how you’re feeling.
Once you’ve finished, we’ll instantly give you advice on the best course of action and, if you can look after yourself at home, we’ll tell you how.
+ Health assessment on the move
+ A comprehensive range of symptom checkers
+ Personalised guides to looking after yourself
+ Option to save advice to your device
How to use the NHS Health and Symptom checker app
Checking your symptoms
Scroll through the list of symptom checkers, pick the one that best matches your symptoms and answer the questions.
After working through our symptom checker, we’ll give you advice on what to do next, whether that means seeing your GP, going to a walk-in centre or looking after yourself at home.
Looking after yourself
If you can treat your symptoms yourself, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step self help guide on what you can do to make yourself better. You can save this information to your device so you can access it at any time.
Note: This app is provided for people living in England only. For health advice and information for people living in other parts of the UK, please visit NHS Northern Ireland (http://www.hscni.net/), NHS 24 Scotland (http://www.nhs24.com/) or NHS Direct Wales (http://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/) as appropriate.
The Manual of Childhood Infections also known as The Blue Book, now in its third edition and endorsed by both the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health and the European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. This latest edition is a simple-to-use, evidence-based, and practical handbook on how to recognise, investigate and manage both common and rare infectious diseases in children and babies.
• Endorsed by The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, providing the standard of care within NHS practice, and the European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
• Contains contributions from over 150 international experts writing on specialised topics
• Features a neonatal and paediatric formulary of around 100 of the most commonly used antimicrobials based on the BNF for Children, presented in an easy-to-use weight based dosing regimen and including common side effects and cautions
• Many new chapters extend the range of the book to include all common and rarer childhood infections, while an enhanced european and global focus reflects the changing world of international travel and imported infections
The handbook is divided into two sections, the first of which is syndrome-based and covers all the key diagnosis and management features of common childhood infections, such as sepsis, meningitis, and pneumonia. The second section lists specific organisms, and provides all the key points in the epidemiology, clinical features, and management for all the key infections. Each chapter includes key references for further reading and suggestions for future research.
Packed with helpful tips and practical guidance, including lists of alternative diagnoses and useful tables, the handbook also features a neonatal and paediatric formulary of around 100 of the commonest used antimicrobials based on the BNF for Children, but presented in a simple easy-to-use weight based dosing regimen. Common side effects and cautions are also included.
The book is aimed at both junior trainees looking after ill children and more senior colleagues who want to check their management plans, and is written for both a UK and European audience, reflecting the range of clinical practice across Europe, while being clear where the evidence base is strongest.
Readership: Trainee and consultant paediatricians in the UK and Europe, and beyond
Authors: Editor-in-chief Mike Sharland, with co-editors Andrew Cant, E. Graham Davies, David A. C. Elliman, Susanna Esposito, Adam Finn, Jim Gray, Paul T. Heath, Hermione Lyall, Andrew J. Pollard, Mary E. Ramsay, Andrew Riordan and Delane Shingadia
Publisher: Oxford University Press
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Resp Assist provides GPs, clinicians, nurses and other members of the Salford health care team, a guide to the treatment and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and Asthma
The Resp Assist medical app highlights to GPs, clinicians and other members of the Salford health care team:
- Information needed for the diagnosis and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and Asthma.
- Guidelines to follow for the management of COPD and Asthma flare-ups or exacerbations.
- COPD and Asthma diagnosis.
- COPD and Asthma treatment.
- Simply work through the COPD and Asthma assessment tools to identify quickly if your patient is at risk of COPD or Asthma.
- Get COPD treatment guidelines by entering a few patient details for an instant result and recommendation.
- View video demonstrations on the correct use of treatment inhalers.
- Once you’ve finished, Salford COPD Assist gives you instant advice on the best course of action to take.
-A comprehensive range of symptom checkers.
- Report feedback functionality, to ensure your suggestions are listened to and the app is continually updated.
-External and internal source linking.
-Patient information section providing useful information and guides to COPD.
Note: This app is specifically provided for Salford City clinicians and other authorised use