This is a desktop clock app. I got a tablet to primarily use "docked" on the end table and wanted to have a clock app running on it for whenever it wasn't in use. I built this app to do just that.
It is Totally Free, and Ad-Free.
- time and date (needed for any clock)
- Custom background images (New in 1.5)
- Current weather conditions (New in 1.5)
- Custom color schemes
- Support for most screen sizes
- battery charge status
- swipe screen to change device brightness (swipe up to increase, down to decrease)
- Button to prevent the device from going into "Sleep Mode", keeping the screen alive.
Note: The app is setup to disable this feature if the device is not connected to power and the battery level drops below 20%
- Button to prevent "Screen Burn" - inverts the screen foreground & background colors every 20 minutes to prevent screen burn if you run the app in "preventing sleep" mode.
Note: Both Sleep Mode and Screen Burn features can be enabled/disabled by the user.
Version 1.2 implemented support for multiple screens. The desk clock now works on all screen sizes from phones to 10" tablets.
Version 1.3 changed a lot. The biggest change was implementing the LarsWerkman color picker, implementing custom colors. The user now has control over the text and background colors. Also implemented a settings menu, battery graphics and a new date format.
Version 1.5 was a major update. Users can now change the background to an image, selecting a local image from the device, or an internet URL image (example webcam I like: http://22.214.171.124/akumal/netcam-0.jpg). Current weather conditions are now displayed as well (requires location services enabled). Also, added in alarm functionality (using default android alarm provider).
Thank you to the authors of the following libraries implemented in this app:
- Holo Color Picker
- Android Universal Image Loader
- Weatherlib (pulling data from openweathermap)