IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE DEVELOPER:
Google has recently updated (effective January 2019) its policy regarding which apps are allowed to access the phone's call log and SMS data. According to the new policy, apps that provide "SMS or Phone Notification, Alert, and Management" will be disallowed from now on access to the call log and sms data. I have applied for an exception but it was rejected. Obviously, Morse Notifier will no longer be able to provide some of its core functionality and, hence, I will have it removed from google play store. Many thanks to all of you for your support so far. Haris Baltzakis, developer of Morse Notifier.
UPDATE FROM THE DEVELOPER (January 2019):
An extension has been given to comply with the new policy until March 9. I have reapplied for an exception but it has been rejected again. I will have this app removed from Play Store the first week of March. Hopefully old users will not be affected.
Morse Notifier will notify you of all your phone events using Morse code.
Morse notifier is a great Accessibility tool for those among us that find it difficult to read text or hear their devices. Besides playing the audible morse code signal, Morse Notifier may also flash (visible signal) or vibrate (haptic signal) the Morse Code.
Morse code can also be very handy for people than find themselves in situations where they cannot use their hands to pick up the phone, to check a notification or to read an incoming SMS message (e.g when they are driving).
Morse Notifier is also a great gadget for Ham Radio and CW enthusiasts and Last but not least, Morse Notifier is a great tool to motivate/assist you to learn Morse code!
The pro version of Morse Notifier (this version) can also be configured to announce notifications from your favourite apps: Gmail, Facebook, Hangouts, Whatsapp, Viber and Telegram and can also announce custom reminders (alarms) at specific times of the day and specific days of the week.
The list below highlights some of the most important features of Morse Notifier Pro:
- Incoming calls, SMS and MMS notifications can be announced via Morse code using the contact name, the phone number, the last three digits of the phone number and/or any other arbitrary text before or after the contact name or the phone number.
- A variety of system events (e.g. wifi connection status, battery status, etc. ) can be announced using custom CW messages.
- A custom CW chime can be configured to run hourly.
- Notifications from other apps like Gmail, Facebook, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Viber and Telegram can be announced using customized filters with many options and parameters.
- Custom reminders (alarms) can also be configured to run at specific times of the day.
- Morse code can be played using sound, screen flashing, phone vibration, or all of them.
- The generated Morse code (the dots and the dashes) can also be displayed on the screen while they are beiing played. This option is very useful when still learning Morse code.
- CW speed, audio tone frequency and tone volume can be customized.
- Supports Farnsworth spacing (extra spacing between characters) to make CW more readable to those just starting to learn.
- The user's ringtones and sounds are not replaced by CW. The phone rings normally using the selected ringtones and sounds on incoming calls SMS/MMS messages and notifications. Morse code is played in the background at a user-defined percentage of the foreground sound's volume.
- Announcements can be manually muted anytime, even while they are being played by pressing the volume-down button.
If you like this app but you are not quite convinced yet, you can also try Morse Notifier Free
. Morse Notifier Free has some restrictions compared to the pro version but it is completely free.