Morse Notifier Free will notify you of incoming calls, SMS and MMS messages and other phone events (battery status, WiFi connection status, etc) using Morse code.
Morse Notifier Free can be very handy for people than find themselves in situations where they cannot use their hands to pick up the phone, to check a notification or to read an incoming SMS message (e.g when they are driving). Morse notifier is also ideal for visually impaired people that find it difficult to read text on their devices.
Last but not least, Morse Notifier Free is a great tool to motivate/assist you to learn Morse code!
The list below highlights some of the most important features of Morse Notifier Free:
- Announcement of Incoming calls, SMS and MMS which contain the caller's contact name.
- Morse code cam be played using sound, phone vibration, or both.
- CW speed and audio tone can be customized.
- Supports Farnsworth spacing (extra spacing between characters) to make Morse Code more readable to those just starting to learn.
- The user's ringtones and sounds are not replaced by Morse code. The phone rings normally using the selected ringtones and sounds on incoming calls, SMS and MMS messages and notifications. Morse code is played in the background at a user-defined percentage of the foreground sound's volume.
- The notification text can also be displayed, while it is being played in a notification window. The generated Morse code (the dots and the dashes) are also displayed while they are played. This option is ideal for those trying to learn Morse code.
- All notifications can be manually muted anytime, even while they are being played by pressing the volume-down button.
If you like this app, you may also have a look at Morse Notifier Pro, which allows further customization and also has many more additional features.
This app will ask for the following permissions.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Needed in order to notify you when your phone is connected/disconnected to a new network.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Needed in order to modify your phones sound output according toy your settings.
- READ_CONTACTS: Needed in order to notify you with the contact name for incoming calls or SMS messages.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed in order to know when the phone is ringing and the power status.
- RECEIVE_SMS, RECEIVE MMS, RECEIVE_WAP_PUSH, READ_SMS: Needed in order to notify you of incoming SMS and MMS messages.
- VIBRATE: Needed in order to vibrate the Morse code.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed in order to start automatically when your phone starts/restarts.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Needed in order to display the notification window with the scrolling Morse code above all other windows.
- WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to save debug logs in the internal storage of your app (saved data can only be read by the app itself).
Solves bug which causes some calls not being announced on some phones. Added option to choose method for detecting volume down.