IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM THE DEVELOPER:
Google has recently updated (effective January 2019) its policy regarding which apps are allowed to access the phone's call log and SMS data. According to the new policy, apps that provide "SMS or Phone Notification, Alert, and Management" will be disallowed from now on access to the call log and sms data. I have applied for an exception but it was rejected. Obviously, Morse Notifier will no longer be able to provide its core functionality and, hence, I will have it removed from google play store. Many thanks to all of you for your support so far. Haris Baltzakis, developer of Morse Notifier.
Morse Notifier Free will notify you of incoming calls, SMS/MMS messages and phone events (battery status, WiFi connection status etc) using CW (Morse code).
Morse Notifier Free may also announce hours using a CW chime.
Morse Notifier is a great gadget for Ham Radio and CW enthusiasts but can be very handy for people than find themselves in situations where they cannot use their hands to pick up the phone, to check a notification or to read an incoming SMS message (e.g when they are driving). Morse notifier is also ideal for visually impaired people that find it difficult to read text on their devices.
Last but not least, Morse Notifier is a great tool to motivate/assist you to learn Morse code!
The list below highlights some of the most important features of Morse Notifier:
- Incoming calls, SMS and MMS notifications can be announced via Morse code using the contact name, the phone number, the last three digits of the phone number and/or any other arbitrary text before or after the contact name or the phone number.
- A custom CW chime can be configured to run hourly.
- Morse code can be played using sound, phone vibration, or both.
- CW speed, audio tone frequency and tone volume can be customized.
- Supports Farnsworth spacing (extra spacing between characters) to make CW more readable to those just starting to learn.
- The user's ringtones and sounds are not replaced by CW. The phone rings normally using the selected ringtones and sounds on incoming calls SMS/MMS messages and notifications. Morse code is played in the background at a user-defined percentage of the foreground sound's volume.
- Announcements can also be displayed, while being played in a notification window. The generated Morse code (the dots and the dashes) are also displayed while they are played. This option is ideal for those trying to learn Morse code.
- Announcements can be manually muted anytime, even while they are being played by pressing the volume-down button.
This app will ask for the following permissions.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Needed in order to notify you when your phone is connected/disconnected to a new network.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Needed in order to modify your phones sound output according toy your settings.
- READ_CONTACTS: Needed in order to notify you with the contact name for incoming calls and SMS/MMS messages.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed in order to know when the phone is ringing and the power status.
- RECEIVE_SMS, RECEIVE MMS, RECEIVE_WAP_PUSH, READ_SMS: Needed in order to notify you with incoming SMS and MMS messages.
- VIBRATE: Needed in order to vibrate the Morse code.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed in order to start automatically when your phone starts/restarts.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Needed in order to display the notification window with the scrolling Morse code above all other windows.
- BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE, REORDER_TASKS: Needed to read app notifications.
- WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to save debug logs in the internal storage of your app (saved data can only be read by the app itself).