Voice notifier will notify you of incoming calls, SMS messages and other events (battery status, WiFi connection status, etc) using android's embedded Text-to-Speech capabilities.
Voice Notifier Pro can also be configured to announce notifications from your other apps like Gmail, Facebook, Handouts, Whatsapp, Viber and Telegram.
Voice Notifier Pro may also announce hours using a voice chime and may also be configured to announce arbitrary reminders (alarms) at specific times of the day.
When announcing calls or SMS/MMS messages, Voice Notifier can speak the caller's/sender's name, if the caller (or the sender of the SMS) is in your contacts list. Being more that a simple ringer, Voice Notifier can also be configured to read the contents of your received SMS messages.
Voice notifier can be very handy for people than find themselves in situations where they cannot use their hands to pick up the phone, to check a notification or to read an incoming SMS message (e.g when they are driving). Voice notifier is also ideal for visually impaired people that find it difficult to read text on their devices.
The list below highlights some of the most important features of Voice Notifier:
- Incoming call and SMS notifications can be configured to contain the contact name,
the phone number, the last three digits of the phone number and/or any other arbitrary text before or after the contact name or the phone number.
- Can be configured to read aloud the contents of SMS messages as well.
- Can be used to announce hours of the day using a customized voice chime.
- Can be used to announce custom reminders at specific, user-defined hours and days of the week.
- Can announce notifications from other apps like gmail, viber, telegram, whatsapp, skype, etc.
- You can either use the default Text-To-Speech (TTS) engine, already built-in your mobile phone or any other TTS engine you find and download from the Google play store.
- You can customize the language for Text-To-Speech to any language supported by the default google TTS engine.
- The user-defined ringtones and sound notifications are not replaced by voice notifications. The phone rings normally using the selected ringtones and sounds. Voice notifications are played in the background at a user-defined percentage of the ringtone and/or notification sound.
This app will ask for the following permissions.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Needed in order to notify you when your phone is connected/disconnected to a new network.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Needed in order to modify your phones sound output according toy your settings.
- READ_CONTACTS: Needed in order to notify you with the contact name for incoming calls and SMS/MMS messages.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed in order to know when the phone is ringing and the power status.
- RECEIVE_SMS, RECEIVE MMS, RECEIVE_WAP_PUSH, READ_SMS: Needed in order to notify you with incoming SMS and MMS messages.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed in order to start automatically when your phone starts/restarts.
- BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE, REORDER_TASKS: Needed to read app notifications.
- WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to save debug logs in the internal storage of your app (saved data can only be read by the app itself).