What’s better than a kennel while you’re away? It’s probably not a dog hotel or a friend who checks on the dog a few times a day. It’s a stay in a real home with one of our friendly, trusted sitters.
DogVacay connects dog owners and pet parents with more than 60,000 dog sitters who have five-star ratings and are part of our community across the U.S. and Canada. Each reservation includes premium pet insurance, 24/7 customer support as well as daily updates (photo or video). It’s all part of the DogVacay Peace of Mind Promise. So whether you have plans for travel or are looking for daycare, you know your pet is in good hands. No kennels. No cramped quarters. No worries.
Instead, it’s the kind of care you’d provide in your own home. DogVacay’s sitters are happy to watch your pup if you’re going away for the day, the weekend or longer. Some sitters watch the dog in their own homes. Others can watch the dog in yours. If you need a dog walker while you’re at work, we have sitters who can handle that, too. Some sitters even provide “pet taxi” services, providing pickups, drop-offs and rides to the vet. Many sitters can also bathe and groom dogs. All of our sitters give pets plenty of TLC and individual attention.
Here are a few nice things the press has been saying about us:
“DogVacay...has been an absolute lifesaver.” —Vice.com
“Try DogVacay.com…Families in your town sign up to pamper pups right from their own homes. They're also about 40 percent cheaper than a kennel.” —Good Morning America
“DogVacay is taking what is a fragmented, profoundly inefficient market and making it more transparent and liquid.” —Bloomberg View
Here’s how it works:
We make it simple to find a pet sitter near you.
• Search thousands of sitters nearby, available to watch dogs in their homes or yours.
• Read real reviews and find the perfect sitter for your pet’s needs.
• Find sitters who offer dog boarding, dog daycare, dog walking, grooming, pickups, drop-offs and trips to the vet.
• Filter results by: sizes and ages (puppy, adult and senior) accepted by a sitter, price, type of home, other dogs in the home and sitters’ medical skills.
• Ask a sitter a question via the app. (Are you also a dog walker? Can the dog sit on the sofa? Can you provide special care for a dog with separation anxiety?)
• Propose a Meet-n-Greet with a sitter and your doggie before a booking.
Travel with peace of mind.
• View upcoming reservations and contact information with one click.
• Get daily photo and video updates of your Roxy, Rover or Rascal while you’re away.
• Save those photos of the dogs and share via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Know that each reservation is covered by premium insurance and 24/7 customer care.
• Feel relieved that your pet isn’t trapped in a kennel for most of the day.
• Contact customer care via the app.
Use the app to have fun with your pets.
• Find tips for training your doggie, boarding that puppy and keeping your dogs healthy.
• Snap great photos of your puppy with our new VacayCam, equipped with attention-grabbing sound effects to help you capture the perfect moment.
• Add stickers, frames, and text to VacayCam photos. Share them with your friends.
The app makes it easy for a sitter to:
• Get notifications for all new requests and messages for quick responses.
• Get reminders to take photos of those adorable dogs.
• Send photo and video updates using our camera equipped sound effects that grab the attention of pets.
Learn more about DogVacay at http://dogvacay.com/how-it-works