My Health Coach is a mobile app offered by the Department of Health (DoH), Abu Dhabi. It Is a personalized wellness platform that promotes and incentivizes healthy living for the residents of Abu Dhabi.
Some of the key features of the app include:
• Linking with Google Fit and Fitbit to collect your tracker data
• Tracking your health activities such as your daily steps, mindfulness minutes and activity.
• Calculating your active and total calories burned
• Monitoring your sleep habits.
• Reminding you to take your meditation on a daily basis
• Comparing your data on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis
• Earning Health Coins that you can redeem in the DOH Reward Store
• Competing in Challenges with your friends and family
• Tracking your wellness score
• Switching between English and Arabic language
The application also provides health and nutrition recommendations to the user based on a set of questions such as current eating habits and provides the user recommendations on how to follow a healthier life style.
Additionally, My Health Coach can provide a detailed report of your Body Composition and a macronutrient breakdown based on your goals. Your data from Fitbit, Myzone and Google Fit can be easily pulled into My Health Coach for a seamless tracking experience.
My Health Coach brings in a unique feature called the Weqaya risk rating where the user can input a certain number of health parameters based on clinical tests example Blood Pressure, height & weight, Cholesterol levels, creatinine levels etc and provide a risk score which has been scientifically calculated. Based on modifying certain habits the app allows you to recalculate the risks thereby giving you an insight of how to manage your overall health.
Other features include:
Nutrition questionnaires and recommendations, interesting and mouthwatering healthy recipes, which are culturally aligned to the region.
The app also provides a list of the restaurants certified by Department of Health which serve Weqaya certified dishes.