It allows importing web pages directly from the browser to listen to them. You can also import selected text from other apps.
-Text to voice
-Read web pages
-Play / Pause / Stop
-Export audio as WAV file
-Lots of languages (internet connection required for some)
Make your phone say anything you want in many languages! Let your phone read the news for you!
There's a paid version available WITHOUT ADS here:
NOTE: Your phone must have a Text-to-Speech enginge for Talk to work. If it doesn't have it you can download it from Google Play. Depending on the TTS engine, some languages that appear in the app may not work.
G+ community: https://plus.google.com/communities/107986392540899459664
- Easy to Use
- Multiple Natural Sounding Voices
- 12 TTS Voices - English US, English UK, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Russian
> Help - I hear Nothing <
By default Android only comes with English Speech Engine. And only that is available for Offline Use.
To listen to other languages you should have a Data connection enabled or Need to download Speech Engine for Offline Use.
To Download Speech Engine for Offline Use, Follow these instructions:
1. Open Android Settings
2. Tap Language & Input
3. Tap Text to Speech Output
4. Tap Settings of Google Text to Speech
5. Tap Install Voice Data
6. Tap Download button to download the language engine of your choice.
Windows Version is also Available - http://www.abhisoft.net/talking-translator/
Since the latest Google Maps update 9.11 it seems Google maps doesn't care anymore about the TTS settings and force the use to their own Google TTS voices.
So please note that for the moment we cannot guarantee Google Maps compatibility
******** Important Note ********
The application is free but you need to buy at least one voice within the application to be able to use our TTS (In-app Billing - EUR 3.99/voices et EUR 11.99/kids Premium voices)
******** Description ********
Acapela TTS allows you to buy and install our high quality voices and integrate them in your Android Device to use them with the system or any TTS compatible applications (such Google TalkBack, some GPS Applications, Translator applications, ebook reader, news reader ...)
For questions & installation instruction, visit http://www.acapela-group.com/acapela-for-android/acapela-tts-voices-installation-instructions/
In case of issues, please write us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
******** Instructions ********
1/ Tap the application icon. However, beforehand, check that you have a valid data connection, as the app needs to contact the server to check voice status.
2/ If you have more than one Google account, select the one associated with your Google Play account.
WARNING: you will not be able to change this afterwards. In case of error, uninstall the application and install it again.
3/ Browse the list of voices retrieved from our servers.
4/ Tap on a voice and a menu will appear:
• ‘Listen to the voice’ allows you to test an of our voices with your own text
• ‘Buy’ will open an in-app Billing window, asking for confirmation of your purchase
5/ After purchase, the voice will appear with a download icon. Click on it and choose ‘download’.
6/ The voice will be downloaded. Note: the amount of data to download is between 20 & 30 MB.
7/ If this is the first time you have downloaded a voice, you will have to set up your device in order to set Acapela TTS as the default Text To Speech.
• Go to Android ‘Settings’ -> ‘Language & Input’ -> Text-to-Speech Settings’.
• Select ‘Acapela TTS’ then click on the settings icon in the right
• Select the voice you installed or the default voice option (see later chapter)
8/ Press "Listen to an Example" (mandatory, in order to activate the voice)
Default voice option
In Android ‘Settings’ -> ‘Language & Input’ -> Text-to-Speech Settings’ -> ‘Acapela TTS’ -> 'Settings' you can now select a default voice instead of the explicit voice.
By doing that you can use a new system allowing you to switch between several Acapela voices directly in the application or using our widget.
To set the voice used simply open the application then press and hold to the voice you want to set as default voice (a yellow star will appear)
Or click on the widget to switch between all the voices.
******** License ********
By downloading this software, you accept implicitly our licensing agreement: http://www.acapela-group.com/acapela-for-android/acapela-tts-voices-licencing-agreement/
★ Named "Top Developer" by Google.
★ Featured in the book "Amazing Android Apps for Dummies"
★ Top communication/social app for years
★ Completely FREE. No hidden fee or ads.
Instantly speak to or text one or many friends at once with the touch of a button. No setup needed, just have them in your address book or as Facebook friends. Fast and simple - TiKL turns your phone into the ultimate Push To Talk (PTT) Walkie Talkie with instant messenger capability.
★ Quick one-on-one/group voice push-to-talk calls.
★ Lightning fast chat with delivery confirmation.
★ Uses data connection only. No voice minutes or SMS used for TiKL calls or chats.
★ Works across carriers and Android/iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
★ Connects on WiFi, 3G, 4G, EDGE and GPRS.
★ Create widgets by long pressing any blank space on your home screen.
★ What if their device is off? No worries. TiKL automatically delivers your messages the moment it is turned on.
We are on Facebook and Twitter:
To ensure that you do not miss any incoming TiKL calls or chats, please launch the app at least once after installing/upgrading it.
If things don't work after updating, please uninstall and reinstall.
It allows you to ‘shake’ your device to enter ‘Talk Mode’ and from there, you can swipe different directions to change menus. It will talk to you and tell you where you are in the app so you don’t have to look at the screen. Perfect for driving (but please follow all local laws) as you do not have to look at the screen to listen or record a response!
It’s really easy to move around the app. Swipe left or right to change menus. Swipe up or down to go forward and back through messages. Tap to start and stop recording. Started a recording in error? Swipe to cancel or simply ‘shake’ at any time to cancel a recording or exit Talk Mode.
You can also create a group allows multiple people to join and any messages sent will go to ALL of the people in the group.
Try it for free for 90 days and the first 100K downloads can get a fully licensed version FREE! Just send 5 messages (to someone other than yourself) in the first 90 days and it automatically upgrades to a licensed version.
Try it out - safe, easy and fun!
★ REGIONAL STICKERS: Now express more with stickers in your language! Your expressions, your language!
★ PRIVACY: With hike messenger say goodbye to stalkers! From your milk-man to your aunts to that creepy guy in college; you don't want them to be seeing your profile picture, last-seen and status update, do you? Switch to hike and take charge of your privacy!
★ HIDDEN MODE: an awesome new hike privacy feature which allows you to hide the chats that you want to keep private from the world and access them only with a password! Your private conversations are now protected & secure from anyone who takes your phone.
★ SEND ANYTHING & EVERYTHING: Why email when you can send all kinds of non media files and documents like PDF, ZIP, Doc, PPT, APK and much more!
★ HIKE OFFLINE: Unable to message friends because they're not online? Don't worry! Hike does the hardwork to figure out if your friends are offline and then sends them your messages as an SMS, at no cost to you. When they reply, you get the message in hike!
★ BIGGER ATTACHMENTS: Now you can share large files and videos of 100 MB each. Now that’s what we call big!
★ CHAT THEMES: Everyone has backgrounds. We have 2-way themes! When you change the chat theme, it changes for your friends too! Let's add more character to messaging, shall we?
★ FREE HIKE2SMS TO INDIA: We've also built in FREE hike to non-hike SMS. So if your friends aren't onhike you can still message them. And better yet, for free! Free SMS can only be sent to India.
★ SHARING IS EASY: You can share photos, videos, location, contacts, walkie-talkie messages and much more on hike! Create group chats or chat one-on-one!
★ FAST, SIMPLE, PERSONAL, FREE: hike is super fast. With sent, delivered, read and typing notifications, it feels like you're having a chat with someone in person. The app uses your 2G, 3G or Wi-Fi (when available) to message with friends and family.
★ 128-bit SSL ENCRYPTION: Messages on hike messenger are now encrypted over Wi-Fi
★ MOVE TO SD CARD: The app can now be stored on the SD Card!
*** For any PIN Issues: Please contact email@example.com for any PIN related queries. We'll get back to you within an hour! ***
We’d love to hear from you about hike. If you have any feedback, questions concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/hikeapp
or facebook: http://facebook.com/hikeapp
No more robotic, sythesized voices. IVONA for Android replaces the synthesized text-to-speech (TTS) voices currently available on your Android device with more natural sounding, accurate & easy-to-understand voices. Select from 13 different languages to find the one best suited for you. Easy to install one or several different voices!
IVONA is compatible with many of your favorite Android applications. With IVONA, enjoy:
• Turn-by-turn voice navigation so you can keep your eyes on the road (e.g. Google Maps)
• Have your ebooks naturally read aloud to you (e.g. Moon+ Reader Pro)
• Listen to online content, articles, PDF documents & RSS feeds (e.g. Pocket, ezPDF Reader, gReader)
• Change the voice on your virtual assistant (e.g. Jeannie, iris, Skyvi)
• Enjoy improved accessibility (e.g. TalkBack built-into Android)
• Increase your productivity (e.g. Driving Mode built-into Android)
Key features include:
• BrightVoice technology provides lifelike, expressive reading of all your text
• Clear & easy-to-understand sound – even in noisy environments
• A rapidly expanding portfolio of award-winning voices available in multiple languages, accents & genders
• Easy-to-install & use with automatic, free updates
Get started in 4 easy steps:
1. Install IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ to your Android device from the Google Play store
2. Select & install your preferred language and voice(s) from the Google Play store
3. Once downloaded, launch the IVONA app to complete your installation
4. Finally, Select IVONA TTS Engine as your default engine by navigating to Android Settings
Now you’re ready to experience world-class IVONA Text-to-Speech & IVONA voices on your favorite text-to-speech enabled Android apps.
This Free beta version will work without any limitations till beta tests ends.
We want to hear from you. If you have a concern, kindly email us and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
Browse FAQs: http://mobile.faq.ivona.com/pkb_mobile_i4m?l=en_US#home/l:en_US
Visit us: http://ivona.com
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ivonatts
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ivonatts
Follow us on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ivona/posts
Languages currently supported:
vnSpeak is new, the state-of-the-art Vietnamese speech synthesis system that provides lifelike, expressive reading sentences, paragraphs, speeches and even entire books.
vnSpeak uses artificial intelligence algorithms to learn from expressive amount of real human recordings in Vietnamese and produces synthesized speech that indistinguishable from the professional voiceover recording.
vnSpeak is proud to be the FIRST Vietnamese Text to Speech Engine that produces real human voices in Android.
- Android API 14 and upper (Android 4.0 ICE_CREAM_SANDWICH and later versions)
- vnSpeak TTS is free for end users only. Companies or individuals that want to embed it in their business products have to get writing approving from me!
Enjoy listening Vietnamese!
- Private: History, cookies and site data are never stored on disk, and never transmitted.
- Secure: Each tab is isolated in a separate OS process. Every tab is treated as a distinct instance, with its own memory storage and state.
- Anonymous: Enable Tor with a single tap to hide your IP, avoid surveillance, and circumvent censorship. Includes HTTPS Everywhere, and mitigates common fingerprinting techniques.
- Beautifully simple: Built with love and careful design. Every detail has been thoughtfully considered.
- Open source: We’ve open sourced our core library so everyone can critique and build on our work.
Krypton Anonymous is for those moments you want to be completely anonymous online. If you're looking for a private, secure, but more lightweight browser, try out the sister app, Krypton Browser.
*Krypton Anonymous is beta software! We fully expect that there are improvements to be made, and will be continually improving the app experience, especially with your help.
With the app you can create categories, words and phrases, which are placed on large buttons. With these buttons you can create messages that can be shown or spoken.
Speech language and voice
The voice is not part of the app, but the app uses the voice that’s installed on your device. For instance the voices from Google Text-to-Speech. You can change the voice in the settings of your device. You can also download other voices or speech languages from the Google Play Store from companies like SVOX, Acapela or Ivona.
Feedback and information
For feedback, questions, tips or problems, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: http://www.a-soft.nl/speechassistant-tips.html
Designed for tablets and smartphones
The app is initially designed for use on a tablet. But the app also works fine on large smartphones.
Easy to use
1. Click on one of the 12 categories.
2. The phrases and words that belong to the category are shown on large buttons.
3. Click on the buttons to create a message that is shown in the display.
4. Click on the speaker icon and the message will be spoken out.
• General Settings: Auto complete, option to prevent double touching and more options.
• Layout and Colors: The size of the buttons, the display and the textsize can be adjusted. It is also possible to adjust the color scheme.
• Categories and Phrases: It is simple to add, change or delete your own categories, words or phrases.
• Speech and sound: For adjusting the sound settings and a link to the Text-to-Speech settings of your device.
• Backup en Restore: Option to backup and restore your categories, words and phrases.
• Keyboard shortcuts for USB/Bluetooth keyboards for Speak, Clear and Show button.
Have your phone speak for you.
Helpful if you have lost your voice or need another Communication method.
Maybe you want to speak another Language.
Maybe you have a sore throat and can't speak.
Did you have your tonsils taken out? Are not feeling well?
Have your phone speak for you.
App will now speak your text in English or Spanish Offline.
When Online, Google Translate can translate and speak your text in almost any Language :)
Simply enter the text in the text field and press speak for me. Your text will be converted to an audible voice.
Say I love you. Say yes or no. All without ever moving your lips.
Now you can share text .
Shake Android or press a button to have your phone speak for you :)
-Multi-line text input
-Change the speech rate.
-Change the speech pitch.
-Change to English voice.
-Change to Spanish voice.
-Quick push button for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter,
-Quick push button for TTS Engine (For Android 3.7 and lower).
-App now has a quick push button for Google Translate. Listen to text in almost any language.
Thank you to all supporters of this app.
Get it without Ads here:
Have Bianca read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in an Italian female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Bianca can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn Italian by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
ETI-Eloquence is a TTS engine that you can use in a wide range of applications such as:
- Screen readers and applications for blind people (like Talkback or Mobile Accessibility)
- GPS software (like Google Maps)
- E-book readers (like Play Books)
- Translators (like Google Translate)
- And many more!
The main features of ETI-Eloquence TTS are:
- 10 languages included with a single purchase: US English, UK English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), German, Finnish (Finland), French (France), French (Canada), Italian and Portuguese (Brazil)
- Speed and pitch configuration
- User Dictionary: possibility to add, edit or remove words from a dictionary to customize the pronunciation
Once the application is installed on your device, you can make ETI-Eloquence your default TTS engine by going to Settings > Language & input > Text-to-Speech output and checking "ETI-Eloquence TTS" as your default preferred engine.
All Android devices from 4.0 onwards are supported.
Call at low rates worldwide, great audio quality.
Unlimited free talk & text other Mtalk users. Create a personal web page to let your contacts call and text you for free.
ADD A DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL NUMBER TO YOUR SMARTPHONE: With Mtalk, you can add telephone numbers to your smartphone from any of 18 countries. Say goodbye to cellular roaming charges when abroad or simply enjoy the added flexibility of having more than one number on your device for personal or business use.
USE MTALK TO REACH OUT TO ANYONE WORLDWIDE AT VERY LOW RATES: save on calls to traditional phone numbers with no compromise on audio quality, even in 3G. When calling international, enjoy rates usually much cheaper compared to cellular rates. When you are abroad, you may call your home country using Wi-Fi and save a lot vs. major mobile carriers. Our rates at http://www.messagenet.com/voip/tariffe/
UNLIMITED TALK AND TEXT WITH OTHER USERS: Registered Mtalk users can text and talk with each other for free with HD audio.
A PERSONAL WEB PAGE FOR FREE CALLS AND MESSAGES FROM THE PEOPLE YOU CHOOSE: create with the app a personal web page that makes it easy for your contacts to call you or text you at no cost (e.g., www.erikablau.mtalk.net). Great for personal or business use, the page address can be included in your email signature, on your social network pages, or on your company’s website. Let the world contact you instantly, for free, just by clicking on your web address. If callers are using a computer to contact you, they DON’T NEED TO REGISTER OR DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE. Callers using most smartphones also don’t need to register, but will need this simple app to access the service. Whether you’re using it for personal or commercial purposes, Mtalk lets you customize your web page with your own picture and wallpaper. You get your own Mtalk.net web page for zero cost… and all the calls or messages you receive through it are free.
WHAT ELSE DOES MTALK OFFER YOU?
FREE VOICEMAIL: When you miss a call, Mtalk will deliver a voice message to your mailbox. Just click and listen.
WORKS WHEN OTHER SERVICES DON'T: Mtalk is able to bypass the VoIP blocking efforts made by mobile service providers in some countries by making use of proprietary technologies.
RECEIVE CALLS ON REGULAR PHONES: Because Mtalk’s service relies on open standards, users can also choose to forward calls to any standard SIP, softphone or PBX equipment – an option that is perfect for businesses.
BLUETOOTH AND EARPHONES: Mtalk supports most Bluetooth and wired earphones.
ANDROID INTEGRATION: app integration with native telephony and messaging. Take into account user prefs for ringtones, messages notifications, vibrate. Take advantage of device audio processing features, if available, to reduce battery usage and increase efficiency.
TALKBACK: Mtalk supports talkback for the visually impaired
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY: Any transmission of your contact lists is fully encrypted, and the information is used only to identify the friends you can call for free. Data will never be provided to any third party. All Mtalk users are protected by European data protection regulations.
Unleash the power - give your Android device a voice! Have Talkadroid read aloud PDF, DOCs, webpages, and even translate to and from over 55 languages! Type or say anything and have it speak it back to you!
Talkadroid is the one-of-a-kind Text to Speech & Translator application that will speak out-loud anything you give to it!
• Read out your important documents, pdf, or web pages on the go*
• Create your own custom ringtones and alarms
• Download and use 35+ Premium SVOX voices
• Mess with your friends!
• Have your phone translate & say anything in 55+ different languages
• Email someone an audio letter
• Save and load your favorite phrases on the fly
• Includes 3 built-in customizable soundboards for those with speaking difficulties to carry on quick conversations
• Everything you could ever want in a Text to Speech app, and then some!
*** Go to Menu -> 'Get More Voices' to Preview the 35+ new voices available by SVOX!
NOTE: If you already purchased any SVOX voices in Talkadroid Lite or anywhere else, they will automatically show up in Talkadroid Pro.
Q: What voices are included?
A: 6 Free voices are included (English (US), English (UK), Spanish, French, Italian, and German). If you're looking for higher quality speech, we've worked with SVOX to allow their top-notch voices to be integrated into Talkadroid seamlessly. If you'd like to purchase or preview the one's available, press the menu key while in Talkadroid and press "Get More Voices".
Q: How can I make Talkadroid read webpages?
A: In your device's internet browser, press menu->share, then select Talkadroid. Note: to protect your privacy, Talkadroid will not read secure webpages that require a login.
Q: Why am I getting 'unsupported file' when trying to load a document?
A: Talkadroid currently supports text-based PDFs, .Txt files, and most .doc and .docx files. Support is constantly expanding, but requires your help! If you have a file that isn't working, email it to us at email@example.com.
Q: How do I add or edit an existing button in the soundboard?
A: Long press an existing button to add, edit, or delete. You can also press the menu key on your device to add a button.
Q: Why does it sometimes take a while to translate?
A: To save space and battery life, Talkadroid gets it's translation data via the internet. If you have a poor connection, it can take longer than expected.
Tags: tts , Text to Speech , Translator, Talkadroid, Talka Droid, Talking Translator, Type to Speak, Type and Say, Document Reader, Webpage Reader, Custom Ringtones, Ringtone Maker, pdf reader, TTS, fun, cool Soundboard, ALS, Speech Difficulties, Type to Talk, talkdroid, speach, txt, alzheimer, alzheimers, lost my voice, speech loss, tts, text to speech, talk, phone talk, talk a droid, "Text to Speech"
A fully customizable soundboard maker application. Create sound buttons from files, text to speech, and even record your own voice! A Soundboard Creator right in the palm of your own hands.
- Unlimited number of Customizable Soundboards & Buttons
- Image Buttons
- Voice Button Recording
- Text to Speech Buttons
- Set Custom Sound Board Backgrounds
- Save Sounds as Ringtones
- Built-in Web Search for Audio
- Upload Your own Sound Files
- Unlimited number of Customizable Sound boards
- Set Custom Sound Board Backgrounds
- Save Sounds as Ringtones
- Built-in Web Search for Audio Files