2yrs,still most valuable app in Playstore-found nothing like it. No exaggeration! Sadly, no more development or flavors. Works as needed, but some improvements needed. Easier on battery. Need email alert on every xx minutes , but SMS to SMS is way more reliable when no 4g. Need up to 3min pause. Need jpg q reduction to get smaller jpgs.
Great way to use an old Android phone as a simple motion detection camera. I use this in my condo and it is the only app that I have found that works and could set up with a consistent notification. The program is a bit tricky to set-up, but if you combine it with IFTTT and Dropbox, you have a powerful way to get notifications to your mobile when motion is detected.
It is a good app and it does what it says, however few things I tested and didn't like with my Galaxy S5 (otherwise it works) 1) When ,motion is on, it doesn't lock the screen, so if someone comes along and grabs the mobile its actually unlocked for them (you can turn off the screen but its still unlocked) 2) Picture quality emailed to me was very fuzzy (I could hardly recognize myself - res on cam is 1920-1080) If there is a way to correct this that would be great
I feel conned, you seemingly have to purchase the app at least twice before it is of any use. I don't mind paying for an app but there was no mention that I would need to pay once for the camera and once for the viewer!
Will not work with marshmallow update.
Why identity permission?
- New email notification mechanism
- You can now motion detect and live stream at the same time!
- As well as Dropbox support, there is now support to sync your captures with Google Drive
- A refresh of the look-and-feel along with new app icons
- No more reliance on Java applet support in order to stream video to web browsers
- MJPEG support, so you can stream to other media players