• For everyone 7 years and older
• Metric and imperial systems are supported
• Optional saving of last entered values
• Body Mass Index: is defined as the body weight divided by the square of the height. It provides a rough guide since it doesn't take into account a persons build or the composition of the body weight.
• Waist-to-Height Ratio: is defined as the waist circumference divided by the height. It measures abdominal obesity and therefore can be used as an better indicator of health risks than Body Mass Index.
• Body Fat Percentage: is defined as the weight of fat divided by the total weight. It is estimated with the 'US Navy Circumference Method' which uses the height and circumferences of waist, neck and hip.
• Top 10 Best Weight Loss iPhone & Android Apps 2012 @ Healthline.com
• One of the top 10 hottest apps @ AppBrain.com
• Featured app on The Fresh Living Project @ FreshLivingProject.com
Criticism, praise, problems with this app?
Feel free to contact: email@example.com
Just swipe your finger over the measure tapes to enter your weight and height and get the BMI value and also your ideal weight range.
This BMI calculator supports imperial and metric units,and you can alternate in just one click between kg or lbs and feet/inches or meters.
Very usable BMI calculator and the only one in the market that doesn't require you to press the the button every time you want to calculate a new value.
Key features of this app:
- Very user friendly UI.
- Imperial and metrics units.
- Easy way to input height and weight values.
- Real time BMI value.
- Graphic coloured results.
- Ideal weight estimation.
- Exact calculation also with people under 19 years old.
Body Mass Index (BMI) is a simple index of weight-for-height that is commonly used to classify underweight, overweight and obesity.
If you want more information regarding BMI you can check wikipedia page in this link:
This BMI calculator allows you to quickly calculate the ratio of body mass index - BMI. Result is calculated according to general reading table created by World Health Organization (WHO) - the same for male and female regardless the age. The BMI is meant to be used as a simple means of classifying physically inactive individuals with an average body composition. BMI categories (underweight, overweight or obese) from general reading table are inappropriate for athletes, children, the elderly, and the infirm because do not take into account many factors such as frame size and muscularity. The BMI categories also fail to account for varying proportions of fat, bone, cartilage, water weight, and more. Despite this, BMI categories are regularly regarded as a satisfactory tool for measuring whether sedentary individuals' weight is in normal range.
- calculation of BMI (Body Mass Index)
- presenting the ideal weight range for a given height - helpful if you want to lose weight or are on diet
- supporting two formats of units - metric (cm and kg) and imperial ( inches [1 in = 2,54 cm] and international pounds [1 lb = 0,45359237 kg] )
- app2sd support (on Android 2.2 and higher)
- available languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Russian
To change the units from metric to imperial and vice versa, the 'menu' button must be clicked.
Any comments are welcome. Please notify me by e-mail about any bugs found or missing functions that you want to be included in future versions of the BMI calculator.
NOTE: if you can help me with translation into your native language do not hesitate to contact me.
- tablet support added
- Fullscreen banner after every calculation removed
- StartApp PostCall Manager removed
- StartApp library changed to comply new Google Play policy
- AdMob library updated
- better statistics for next improvements of the 'BMI Calculator' app
- StartApp library added
- small changes in User Interface for better appearance
- improved application header
- faster calculations due to storing last height value
- entered height and weight are converted while changing units
- decimal sign fix
- appropriate default units according to user's country
- calculation of correct weight range improved
- chosen units (metric or imperial) are stored in a memory
- source of crash in Android 1.6 removed
- information about sexes added
- links to more info about BMI added
- new design
- vertical scroll for smaller screens added
- hide keyboard bug fixed
- small engine bug fixes
- app2sd support (on Android 2.2 and higher)
- new languages: Ukrainian, Russian
- new languages: German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese
BMI Calculator, Body Mass Index Calculator, Standard BMI Calculator, Standard Body Mass Index Calculator, Free Body Mass Index Calculator, Free BMI Calculator, Metric BMI Calculator, Metric Body Mass Index Calculator, English BMI Calculator,English Body Mass Index Calculator, Adult Body Mass Index Calculator, Adult BMI Calculator, Metric measurement units, English measurement units, Healthy weight range
Track your weight state on charts, compare it with other family members, easily edit archived entries.
The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a measure for human body shape based on an individual's mass and height. It is defined as the individual's body mass divided by the square of their height.
The waist-to-height ratio (WHtR) of a person is defined as the person's waist circumference, divided by the person's height. The WHtR is a measure of the distribution of body fat.
- height/length: cm, inch, ft
- weight: kg, lb.
Application contains one standard banner ad.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore history.
By using this BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index Calculator) you can find your waist-to-height ratio and body fat percentage. Know your ideal weight based on your height.
• Kilograms & Pounds for weight input
• Metric and English systems are supported
• 5 different measurement ranges supported
These values are provided just for your initial reference. Consult your physician for any actions.
Your feedback is important to us. Please feel free to send us your valuable feedback
Keep track of your progress to achieve or maintain their weight. Also you can see the progress in various charts.
Supports multiple units of measure for your convenience (meters, kilograms, inches, pounds).
• Intuitive interface.
• You can easily modify or delete records.
• data is represented in graphs.
• Scroll horizontally to move between screens
• Glossary of Terms
English, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, German, Hungarian and Portuguese.
Android 2.2 to 4.2
Errors, questions, translation, etc. send mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upgrade to the full version: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androiddevelopermx.blogspot.imcpro
Health, sports, obesity, infrastructure, overweight, normal, data, family, administration, calculation, diet, nutrition, training, health, nutrition, food, download, upload, record, calculate BMI, body mass, a simple note, easy, great usability, yes, sexy, sensual, pleasant, beautiful, beautiful, beauty, body.
*** Ideal Body Stats ***
This configurable application (Kilograms/Pounds/Stones, Cm/Ft) allows you to :
• Calculate easily your Ideal Weight using different formulas.
• Calculate easily your Body mass index (BMI) Adult or child (beetween 2 and 20 years old).
• Calculate easily your body fat index (BFI).
• Calculate easily your body surface area (BSA).
• Save and Export synthesis by email.
BMI (Body Mass Index) for children and teenagers 2 to 20 years old is calculated using data from the CDC (Centers for Disease Contol).
Do not hesitate to give a rating on android market to show your satisfaction.
tag : bmi calculator, bfi, bsa, ideal weight, bmi, weight, calculator, diet, ideal, obesity, overweight, mass, imperial, metrics units, body, bmi children,, obesity children, child, teenagers.
- The BMI Calculator Free is an application that calculates BMI(Body Mass Index) from the height and weight.
- If you press Calc button after the height and weight is entered, BMI, obesity classification, and obesity classification table are displayed.
- If you press Metric button, you can enter the height and weight with cm/kg, and press Imperial button with ft,in/lbs.
- You can enter the height up to 302.3cm or 9ft11in.
- You can enter the weight up to 453.1kg or 999lbs.
- Corresponding Android OS:Android OS 2.1 and more.
- Confirmed model:
* Docomo SC-02B(GALAXY S)/Android OS 2.2
* Sony Tablet S／Android OS 4.0.3
- The classification of the obesity classification by BMI follows WHO (World Health Organization) standard.
5.Difference point of pay version and free version
- As for a free version, the following points are different from a pay version.
* Advertisement is displayed at the bottom of screen.
* "Free" is added to end of the application title.
The BMI is a measure of body fat based on weight and height. This calculator can be used for anyone from 2 to 20 years of age.
Please note that as children grow, their amount of body fat changes and so will their BMI. That's why a BMI calculation for a child or adolescent must take into account their age and gender. Always see your doctor if you are concerned about your child's growth.
This application is completly FREE and supported by ads.
If so, then app "Ideal Weight Calculator (BMI)" is for you!
This app will help you not only to know your ideal weight, but also will count your daily amount of calories, will give you advice about your diet and will help you to gain muscle or lose weight!
You have your own personal unique body structure and body measurements. Due to this, process of weight losing or muscle gaining for different people differs a lot. "My Ideal Weight" will define your type of body, it will calculate your ideal body weight and will give you efficient advice how to attain it! “My ideal Weight” has a complex formula of counting your ideal weight that also includes BMI in it. So it will count your ideal body weight very accurate!
Moreover, this app is very simple in use. Even a child can use it. Just swipe your finger over the measurement lines in order to set your current body options and you will see your healthy weight.
Your personal advice includes unique diet tips and also recommendations for your workout. Due to personalisation, this app is suitable both for men and women of all ages. You can gain muscle mass or lose weight by following these tips. Also this fitness app will count how much calories, protein and carbonates you need to consume daily and will give you tips about your diet.
Key features of app "Ideal Weight Calculator (BMI)":
- Imperial and Metric dimensional units
- Takes into account your personal body options
- Works offline
- Simple in use
- Based on BMI index
- Has splendid nice graphics and design
- Exact calculations and advice
- Proper advice about weight loss /muscle gain
- Counts daily amount of calories
Share your opinion about this app below in ratings, and let us know, what do you especially like or do not like of it!
Your opinion is very important.
Let's track your progress together with us!
KW: BMI, diet, weight loss, calories, ideal weight, body, weight chart, weight calculator, workout, nutrition, muscle, fitness
Track your weight, BMI (Body Mass Index), body fat percentage and even your own user-defined tracking items. Create profiles for yourself and your family. Various charts, statistics, trends and much more will help you monitor your progress and boost your motivation to reach your ideal weight.
Start today, you're worth it!
★ Feel free to contact us for any questions, feature requests, ideas for improvement or bugs! Just use the email provided by the google play store, the in-app contact feature or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/cryofy
✔ Featured app on 'The Fresh Living Project' @ http://www.freshlivingproject.com
• Simple, fun and intuitive to use weight journal.
• Innovative and clear user interface: almost no typing required, easy to use slide controls.
• Widget for your home screen.
• Multi-user support: create profiles for yourself, your partner, your kids.
• User-defined tracking items: create and track your own items, fully integrated in the app.
• Available languages: English, Deutsch, 日本語, 한국어, Español, Português, Italiano, Français, 中文, Русский, हिंदी, Svenska, Nederlands, Polski
• Support of metric and imperial units: Pound, Kilogram, Foot, Centimeter and many more.
• Measure and estimate your body fat percentage: Weight Meter determines your body fat in quick and easy fashion.
• Built-in BMI calculator: Your Body Mass Index is calculated automatically.
• Built-in ideal weight calculator: Set your ideal weight as your weight goal and monitor your progress.
• Powerful analysis and reporting function via charts and spreadsheets: Don't lose track of your weight, BMI and body fat percentage and easily keep an eye on your weight loss or weight gain.
• 'Remind me' functionality: Never forget to take your weight again!
• Monitor and support your progress with photos and notes.
• Backup and restore your data.
• Export and import csv files: Monitor your weight, BMI and body fat percentage with Excel, Numbers or Google Docs on your laptop or desktop computer.
• Export charts of your weight, BMI and body fat percentage and share them directly with friends via email, on Picasa, facebook and many more.
• Integrated guide to measure your body fat percentage.
• An extended help lets you discover the various functions of this app.
Body Mass Index is designed with unique professional and custom features where user can change the appearance of the application. The user interface of this application facilitates universal device support from small screens to large display tablet devices.
More cool features and functionality will be available in future updates shortly. We are looking forward for your continuous support for this application.
• Free and Open Source. No ads.
• Enter weight in kilograms, pounds or stones.
• Calculates BMI if you enter height in centimeters or feet.
• Import CSV. Export CSV, ODS and PNG.
• Share with Gmail
Source code at https://launchpad.net/weightchart
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
Body Fat Calculation (BFC)
Harris Benedict Equation (HBE)
Information tab to explain each calculator.
Body Mass Index (BMI):
BMI (Body Mass Index) is a measurement of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both men and women between the ages of 18 and 65 years.
BMI can be used to indicate if you are overweight, obese, underweight or normal. A healthy BMI score is between 20 and 25. A score below 20 indicates that you may be underweight; a value above 25 indicates that you may be overweight.
Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR):
You use energy no matter what you're doing, even when sleeping. The BMR Calculator will calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day.
If you've noticed that every year, it becomes harder to eat whatever you want and stay slim, you've also learnt that your BMR decreases as you age. Likewise, depriving yourself of food in hopes of losing weight also decreases your BMR, a foil to your intentions. However, a regular routine of cardiovascular exercise can increase your BMR, improving your health and fitness when your body's ability to burn energy gradually slows down.
Body Fat Calculation (BFC):
How much Body Fat are you carrying? Find out if you are in the healthy range. This Body Fat calculator is based on a formula developed by the US Navy.
First, your body fat percentage is simply the percentage of fat your body contains. If you weigh 140 pounds and are 10% fat, it means that your body consists of 14 pounds fat and 126 pounds lean body mass (bone, muscle, organ tissue, blood,...).
A certain amount of fat is essential to bodily functions. Fat regulates body temperature, cushions and insulates organs and tissues and is the main form of the body's energy storage. Check out this Body Fat Chart which describes fat ranges and their associated categories.
Harris Benedict Equation (HBE):
The Harris Benedict Equation is a formula that uses your BMR and then applies an activity factor to determine your total daily energy expenditure (calories). The only factor omitted by the Harris Benedict Equation is lean body mass. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (will under-estimate calorie needs) and the very fat (will over-estimate calorie needs).
First, determine your BMR using our BMR Calculator or our BMR Formula.
Please remember, however, that this is only one of many possible ways to assess your weight. If you have any concerns about your weight, please discuss them with your physician, who is in a position, unlike this BMI calculator, to address your specific individual situation.
1. Age and Gender based classification of range
2. Supports Metric and Imperial scales
3. Suggests your normal range
4. Gender based themes
What is Body Mass Index (BMI)?
BMI or Body Mass Index is a measurement of body fat based on your height and weight which generally applies to both adult men and women. BMI is very easy to measure and calculate and is therefore the most commonly used tool to correlate risk of health problems with your weight.
How does Waist To Hip Ratio (WTH) complement the BMI?
The World Health Organisation considers the Waist to Hip Ratio a good indicator of your personal health. However, it works best only if you consider your reading from both BMI and WTH. A good range on both BMI & WTH ensures a healthier you.
Would age and gender change my BMI & WTH?
Although age and gender has no impact on your BMI or WTH, it would influence ‘the Range’ to which an adult belongs. We have considered age and gender to calculate the Range in our “Health Calculator".
Who should not be using Health Calculator?
BMI & WTH are mere indicators basis your body statistics and does not take into consideration your body type, structure, current health status, diet or exercise. These are only indicators/ guideline. Do not use Health Calculator – BMI & WTH if you fall under the following:
1. Children (below 18 yrs)
2. Pregnant Ladies
3. Athletes / Body builders
4. People with medical conditions
Keywords: BMI, WTH, Body Mass Index, Waist to Hip Ratio, Health Calculator, Ideal Weight