A language learning app based on Merriam-Webster’s First Dictionary
This app is suitable for elementary level students’ vocabulary learning which uses words from America’s famous Merriam-Webster’s First Dictionary. Unlike other vocabulary apps that teach words alphabetically, this consists of 21 separate subject areas designed in the 3-step program.
- You can study words from Merriam-Webster’s First Dictionary according to subjects and/or famous books.
- The pronunciation of approximately 1,010 words spoken by a native speaker is available.
- Recording is also possible so you can compare your pronunciation with the recorded ones.
- The word’s example sentences, stories, poems, jokes, and histories are provided.
- The 3-step program which includes various activities.
- The word list and error correction reviews allow you to go over the weak word which helps you to master the difficult words.
[Learn by Themes]
You can study words from Merriam-Webster’s First Dictionary under 21 different subjects.
One set contains 3 steps for you to clear. By clearing one set, you can move to the next set.
[Learn by Books]
You can study words from Merriam-Webster’s First Dictionary by famous books.
Prior to reading each book, you can learn the vocabulary to understand the book better.
This is a list of words which you have saved from the subject/book section.
Words can be checked by different folders, before studying, and after studying.
This is a list of missed words from the test after going through the 3-step program for subject words. You can retake the test after reviewing the missed words.
You can check the number of words you have studied so far.
You can check your recent study areas and the subject areas studied.
■ Introducing Merriam-Webster’s First Dictionary
- All the basic vocabulary necessary for elementary level students are included.
- Words are explained from various aspects, and Ruth Heller’s dynamic illustrations are included to better aid students’ understanding.
- The dictionary includes more than 1,000 main entries that describe more than 3,000 words.
- It provides words’ definitions, example sentences, and their origins suitable for children to understand easily.
- By including stories and poems, variety of content knowledge is also passed onto children.
Ruth Heller’s colorful illustrations intrigue children’s interest.
■ Introducing SukSuk.com
SukSuk.com is an educational community opens for parents who seek to share information on early English education for children, especially on how to study English language together with their child.
This is a space to encourage each other to make an English environment for their child to study English together. In here, parents hope to read English books to their children and do activities with their child.
Mobile page: m.suksuk.co.kr