You need to enable Google "Location Services" inorder to use the Locations and Weather tabs. Please read: http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1646140
1. Current Weather
* Wind speed and direction
* Sunrise and Sunset
* Humidity and Pressure
2. Seven Day Forecasts
* 3-hourly interval
* Minimum/maximum temperatures
* Wind speed and direction
3. Weather Locations
* Supports different locations worldwide
* Flexible timezone settings
* DOST-PAGASA - MTSAT ENHANCED IR Satellite Image
* Kochi University, Japan - infrared image
* University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA - animated IR satellite
* National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) - Rainbow / AVN Color
* Auto/manual animation
* Supports panning, zooming and pinch-to-zoom
* DOST-PAGASA 24-hour public weather forecast
* DOST-PAGASA official twitter posts
* Weather News Stories from different media sources
* DOST-PAGASA Cyclone Updates
* Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) Active Cyclone Warnings
* Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) Track Archive
7. Cyclone Info and Map Tracks
* JTWC Warning Text (for active cyclone only)
* JTWC Warning Graphic (for active cyclone only)
* JTWC Cyclone Tracks (rendered in Google Maps). It can also pin point your current location on the map. (both for active and archive cyclone)
* Plot PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
* Rain Alert Notifications
* Share app screenshot to FB, Twitter, etc (via applications)
* Very customizable and flexible settings
Keywords: Philippine Weather, Pinoy Weather, Philippine Cyclone, Western Pacific Cyclone
Bugs/Issues/Suggestions/Support: Email to email@example.com
Do not use this app to make life or death decision. For informational purposes only. Please refer to the official authorities.
PH Weather app cannot guarantee the accuracy and availability of data. Neither PH Weather app nor the developer shall be held liable for any errors and/or delays in content.
Enabling the mobility of Project NOAH. The official mobile version (native Android) of Project NOAH website (noah.dost.gov.ph) though without the Flood Map features.
This mobile app was developed by Rolly Rulete in cooperation with Project NOAH and with the partnership of Smart Communications, Inc. through the Smart Developer Network (SMART DevNet). Content and data come from the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) and its participating agencies.
Project NOAH’s (Nationwide Operational Assessment of Hazards) mission is to undertake disaster science research and development, advance the use of cutting edge technologies and recommend innovative information services in government's disaster prevention and mitigation efforts. Though the use of science and technology and in partnership with the academe and other stakeholders, the DOST through Program NOAH is taking a multi-disciplinary approach in developing systems, tools, and other technologies that could be operationalized by government to help prevent and mitigate disasters.
1. Map View
- PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility)
- Overview (MTSAT, Rainfall Contours, Chance of Rain, etc)
- Doppler (Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu, Hinatuan, Tampakan)
- Sensors (Weather Stations, Stream Gauges, Rain Gauges, Tide Levels)
- Weather Outlook (Probablity of Rain, PAGASA Typhoon Forecast)
2. List View
- Almost the same with Map View but presented as list for ease of use.
- PAGASA-FFWS (Flood Forecasting and Warning Section)
- Help articles and guidelines
- Information Dashboard
- Useful links and contents
* plus status notifications for "Probability of Rain"
* share screenshot (in almost all views) or text contents (News) via applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bluetooth, Gmail, etc)
* the app is themeable! (Holo Light [default theme] OR Holo Dark)
* supports animated overlays (MTSAT, Doppler, Chance of Rain)
* improved caching for performance and offline usage
* very flexible Settings
keywords: DOST, PAGASA, NOAH, NDRRMC, nababaha, ClimateX, MMDA, SMART, SMART DevNet
+ hourly forecast for the next 24 hours,
+ daily forecast for the next 5 days.
The simplest weather app! Thanks to geolocation, you know immediately the weather for your current location. To get a forecast for any other location worldwide, you just have to ask: this app includes a powerful voice recognition feature! In USA, "Weather 5 days" gives the weather for most cities: from New York to Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston or Philadelphia.
Weather 5 days is also one of the most complete weather apps! All data (temperature, humidity, cloud cover, visibility, wind speed and direction, sunrise and sunset times,...and even the altitude!) is displayed in a very clear and concise way.
Optionally, you will also have the possibility to get:
+ the hourly weather up to 5 days,
+ the possibility to create and browse your favorite locations.
This app uses weather data issued from one of the best weather models worldwide. Should you go for a trip anywhere in United States (Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas...), you will get today's weather and hourly local weather up to 5 days! For your holidays, just ask for a weather forecast, anywhere, from San Francisco to Washington, Boston or Las Vegas ! 'Weather 5 days' can be used in all the US states from California, Texas or NY to Florida ...
Any rain or snow in Canada? Just ask this app the weather in Toronto, Montréal, Calgary or Ottawa! Need a reliable weather app in Australia in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane ? 'Weather 5 days' is the weather app you need!
Do not hesitate! Download now this fast and simple weather app ! It is FREE!!
Tested on: Samsung (Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4, Ace, Mini, Gio, Tab...), HTC (Optimus One...), Asus Transformer, ICS, etc...
- Current weather
- Daytime maximum and nighttime minimum temperatures
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Share of cloud
- Weather forecast for every 3 hours
- More widgets to the desktop
It uses the following links from authorized agencies in the Philippines:
・Official Gazette Briefing Room Section of NDRRMC
・Official weather report
・GovPH Twitter Account
・National Desaster Risk Reduction and Management Concil(NDRRCC)
Quickly calculate sun and moon activity.
* Calculates the following data:
- Solar noon
- Twilight times
- Equation of time
- Azimuth of sunrise and sunset
- Altitude of sun at noon
- Moon rise
- Moon transit
- Moon set
- Azimuth of moon rise and moon set
- Altitude of moon during transit
- Date of next new/full moon
- Sun Path during the day
- Moon Path during the day
- Solstice and Equinox dates
* Specify a location by :
- GPS receiver
- list of more than 30000 cities
- WGS-84 coordinates
* Any date between 01/01/1901 and 01/31/2099 can be selected
* Special layout for tablet devices (8-inch and larger)
* Information can be shared on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that the accuracy of the calculations decreases for locations north of 65°N and south of 65°S
The Details Screen:
1. HEADING (update number, current update date/time, next update date/time)
2. ICON (intensifying, weakening, steady)
3. SUMMARY (Philippine typhoon name, international typhoon name, current eye location, maximum windspeed, gustiness, area of responsibility, direction and speed, heading towards location)
4. BACKGROUND (no typhoon, over ocean, landfall)
5. NARRATIVE (descriptive behavior of the typhoon)
6. SIGNALS (Public Storm Signal Warnings issued by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)
7. DISTANCES (distances with respect to places of interest and popular destinations)
8. FORECAST (weather outlook for the next 2-5 days)
The Map Screen:
1. GREEN PIN (the user or device location)
2. RED PIN (the typhoon location)
over the map, which is available in three (3) views, with support for pinch, drag and zoom.
The Reference Screen:
Shows the application guide and provides useful typhoon information.
The Credits Screen:
Displays the developer details with links to viewing the application website, showing some love for the application, sending user feedback to the developer, and sharing the application to friends via email.
iTyphoon is a product of Nueva Caceres Technology Solutions, Inc. (Nueca) Learn more at www.nueca.net
This app contains local and national weather updates, storm reports, severe weather, live traffic, ski reports, storm trackers, warnings, hurricane news, tornado updates, doppler radars for these cities and many more:
Ciudad de México Mexico City
Los Angeles Long Beach Santa Ana
Rio de Janeiro
Krung Thep Bangkok
Thanh Pho Ho Chí Minh Ho Chi Minh City
Sankt Peterburg Saint Petersburg
San Francisco Oakland
...and every country:
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
East Timor (see Timor-Leste)
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Operating instructions :
-Touch the screen a first time when you see the flash of lightning.
-Touch a second time when you hear the thunder.
==>The distance from you to the impact point will be displayed and you will have the possibility to choose to view the result on a map, view the measurements history or make a new measurement.
On the map a blue circle indicate where the thunderbolt has fallen.
How does it work ?
This application uses the difference of speed between light and sound, in fact the light of the lightning reaches you almost instantaneously while the sound takes several seconds to run through the distance between you and the place where the thunderbolt has fallen.
By measuring this duration, this applications calculates the distance ...
This application can be store on SD card !!!
Activation of the GPS is not necessary but with it you can be located more precisely rather than by means of cellular networks.
A paid version without ads is available.
Available languages :
Send me an e-mail for an other language.
Keywords: lightning, storm, thunder, thunderbolt, map, localization, measurement, calculation, distance
True to my word, I've decided that as I haven't been able to spend any time on this, I'll release the source code in the hope it may be useful to someone else. Thanks to all the users for your kinds words and giving it a chance, and I hope somebody finds the source useful in some way.
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/lenny_kano/public_lennoxweather
(Please no complaints about the sloppy commit logs and lack of comments)
Lennox Weather is just a simple weather widget, which uses Yahoo weather API for data.
Can use current location, or manually specify, and shows all the information that anyone REALLY needs without bloating or going massively overboard. Also includes support for theming, check out my other apps for themes.
Based on Cyanogenmod's Chronus/LockClock widget found in CM10.1 (https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_LockClock)