* Shows Comic's Title, Image, Hover Text, etc.
* Offline Storage, Download All & Offline Mode
* Notification for new Comics
* Archive: List of all Comics
* Random & Search Function
* Favorites & Comic Ranking
* Integration of explainxkcd.com
* Remember last position
* Pinch to Zoom, Swipe/Fling to navigate back/forward
* 4 different Themes.
* Read Article including images and TeX formulas
* Offline Storage, Download All & Offline Mode
* Notification for new Articles
* Archive: List of all Articles
- Simple to set up, the perfect app for any xkcd fan!
- Browse random xkcds by clicking on the widget (activate in config menu)
- Turn alt-text on/off
- Turn title on/off
- Adjustable font size
- Resizable on Android devices that support it, default size is max for phones (4x4)
- Background on alt text and title text for readability on all wallpapers
- Many more updates to come!
Note: xkcd is property of Randall Munroe, and I do not claim to own any of xkcd's images, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. You can view Mr.Munroe's work at xkcd.com.
Browse through the whole gallery of xkcd comics with ease using gestures like swipe or pinch to zoom.
Optimized design for different screen sizes including tablets.
Jump directly to comics and share them with an App of your choice.
Get notifications when new comics are available.
xkcd.com and all comics are owned by Randall Munroe.
NOTICE: this is in early development so expect bugs!
If you find any bugs, feel free to send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Caching of images
- Cached archive of comics
- Hover text
- Much more to come!
- Offline mode
- Choose favorite xkxd comics
- Comic explanation
- Tablet UI
and much much more!
If you have any suggestions for features feel free to tell me!
You can contact me on email@example.com
xkcd is owned by Randall Munroe (http://xkcd.com/).
If you encounter any bugs or have any problems installing, please email the developer.
* Read xkcd comics and tap to view the alt text
* Star your favorites for later reading
* Share links and images with friends
* Get linked straight to the explain xkcd wiki for explanations
* Search for comics by title
* Reopen at the last comic you read OR the most recent comic (edit your preferences)
* Disable zoom buttons with your preferences
Supports pinch zooming, new comic notifications, random comics, opening from browser/email/chrome-to-phone, text and title searching, and more.
One finger zooming also available. Long-press and then drag up or down to zoom. Convenient when using your phone with one hand.
Feel free to email feature requests and/or bug reports.
The best comics reading experience on mobile phones with panel mode browsing. This new update includes bookmarks,random comics, customization and a few bug fixes. The UI is more streamlined for usability. Thanks to the people who mailed me the bug reports.Based on the feature requests received, offline reading is added to the roadmap.
Say goodbye to zooming and paning. The best way of reading webcomics on small devices is here. Double tap on any panel and the panel will zoom to fit your screen. Use onscreen controls to navigate among panels . You can customize the navigation gestures in the settings.
Keeping track of your favourite xkcd comics has never been so simple. Add any comics to your bookmarks and get back to them later.
What are xkcd comics without hover text ? Tap on the comic to see the hover text.
Randomly browse the comics at the click of a button.
Resume reading the from the comic you were reading.
Navigte among comics as you wish, along with the normal first, previous, next, latest buttons.
Zoom & Pan
Control to you to decide on how you read your comic. Use the controls on the top to zoom.
Configure the app to suit your usage requirements.
Features in the roadmap
- Comics archive
- Share with friends
- Offline reading
- Support for other webcomics (smbc,QC,C&H.. your favorite webcomic- ask for it to get it)
The app is currently under active development and will be extended to other webcomics. Please mail me for any feature requests/ bug reports.
Srikanth Lingamneni, 2011
More from developer
Current features include:
Who's Who -- A mobile implementation of the Wheaton College Who's Who online database. (Must be connected to the Wheaton Wireless network to use this feature)
Bon Appetit Menus -- An easily-accessible guide to the current week's meal schedule for Anderson Commons.
Chapel Schedule -- A quick way to check the upcoming speakers and events for undergraduate chapel services.
Campus Map -- A satellite view map of campus featuring guides to each building.
Academic Calendar -- A calendar of major events and days off
This application is completely student developed and marketed and is not officially endorsed by Wheaton College.