There are three main types of distraction:
Visual — taking your eyes off the road
Manual — taking your hands off the wheel
Cognitive — taking your mind off what you’re doing
Distracted driving is any non-driving activity a person engages in that has the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increase the risk of crashing.
While all distractions can endanger drivers’ safety, texting is the most alarming because it involves all three types of distraction.
The No Texting and Driving App curbs distracted driving by not only AUTO-RESPONDING to those who text you while you are en route, but also by READING YOUR TEXTS ALOUD so you can keep your focus on the road! You can even customize your own auto-response to whatever you like.
SafelyTexting assists employers or parents in preventing their employees or teens from texting, surfing the web, or using any applications on their phone while driving unless using Bluetooth technology.
Used as an Administered or Self-Monitored application, it can be used to report violations to an Administrator who can monitor usage or you can simply monitor yourself.
An auto reply lets others know that you'll get back with them when Safely Texting is possible.
A. What does SafelyTexting do???
1. SafelyTexting locks your phone screen if the GPS detects that you’re moving. It may take up to one minute for the GPS in your phone to recognize that you’re driving, but once it does, the phone will lock up. Once you’ve been stopped for about a minute, the phone will unlock automatically.
2. SafelyTexting has two modes; Administrator and User.
Administrator mode is used if no one will be monitoring your usage of SafelyTexting and you’ve installed the application for your personal use to help stop yourself from texting while driving.
User Mode is used for Employees, Students or others who have SafelyTexting mode installed with someone who will be monitoring their usage to verify that they don’t text and drive. The application can always be uninstalled by the user so this mode would send a text to the Administrator to let them know that the phone is no longer protected.
B. Unlock Mode Buttons
1. “How this Application Works” Opens this page :)
2. “Share this Application with a Friend” Allows you to use your personal Facebook, Twitter Feed, Email or other sharing service on your phone to tell everyone you know about SafelyTexting
3. “Visit our Web Page www.SafelyTexting.com” Visit our SafelyTexting Web page for much more information about this product.
4. “Settings” Allows you to change several settings like the Password, Emergency Number, Administrator Number etc.
C. Lock Mode Buttons (Different buttons based on Admin or User modes)
1. “Temporarily Unlock the Phone” [Administrators Only] Allows you to unlock your phone for either 1 minute or 30 minutes. Useful to hand your phone to someone else in the car to handle a call, text or anything else you might need the phone for.
2. “Text my Administrator to Ask for Permission to unlock my Phone” [Users Only] Allows send a text to your administrator asking for permission to unlock your phone. Useful if your a passenger on a long trip and want to use your phone. If the Administrator sends a reply text with the word “Yes” and a number, the phone will unlock for that number of minutes. If the Administrator just sends back the word “Yes” it will unlock for one minute.
3. “Call my Administrator” Places a call to your Administrator after a verification screen.
4. “Why is this phone Locked Right now?” Tells you in plain words why the phone is locked. Sometimes the GPS will have bad readings while stopped that will cause SafelyTexting to lock. This button will tell you exactly why it locked.
5. “Call Emergency Number” Pulls up your phone with your Emergency number already there ready for you to push the CALL button on your phone after a confirmation screen. Will not directly call until you press the button. Allows a few seconds to make the call, then locks the phone again.
Text U Later has several features:
• Designed with an easy to use interface – Text U Later can be activated/deactivated with the touch of one button
• View and keep track of messages and calls received when Text U Later is active through the ‘Logs’ page
• The ‘Logs’ page interface even allows you to return calls and text messages without having to look your contacts up on the address book
• Choose a message in the ‘Settings’ page to customize what message Text U Later sends while active, according to your current situation
• Customize your experience by enabling/disabling sound notifications when a message is sent and even allowing Text U Later to respond to missed calls while active
• And best of all, Text U Later is free!
The Safe Driver App by Spring Mobile uses GPS to determine when you are traveling in a car, and will automatically notify you of incoming calls and text messages if you are stopped in traffic or walking. Optionally, you may disable the use of GPS in the app to save battery.
Featuring a widget for your Android home screen (tap-and-hold on your home screen to add) that allows you quick access to enable or disable the app and any combination of preferences. Download it today, and drive safe!
Developed by Sentersix: www.sentersix.com
## This app will no longer be supported, in favor of the official AT&T DriveMode app for safe driving ##
How much is your child's life worth?
Save a life with Drive Safe (no text and drive) patent pending app .
There is a default password but can be changed to your own by contacting us by email.
Application works with phones GPS and stops the ability to text and drive for android. Can be passworded for driving age kids so the parent can engage or disengage the application depending on whether they are driver or passenger. Must have phones GPS active for use.
Application places phone in stand-by while the vehicle is in motion but will still alert if there is incoming call or text.
Today's technology already allow drivers to be guided by a GPS. To take this a step further, this app provides a system to monitor and analyze the driving quality by using the accelerometer (G-sensor) of your smartphone. This will help you determine if the driving is good or bad, helping you improving your own driving skills. Hence the name "Driving Skill Monitor" (DriSMo).
The goal of this application is to emphasize the attention towards good driving quality and make the drivers aware of their own driving quality. By raising the awareness of driving quality, you can increase the quality of driving. Fuel efficiency will also be improved, as a result.
★ Advanced quality monitoring
- Multiple monitor views
- Realtime quality feedback
- Text to speech supported (English only)
★ Retrospective trip analysis
- Quality graph
- Quality rating and general trip information
- Map view, including quality track
★ Map and GPS-tracking
★ SMS auto-reply
★ Power-saving option
★ Export quality data (CSV file)
★ Share your trip on Facebook
Fields of use:
★ Show off your driving skills, and compare them to other friends.
★ Prove that your car is of good quality, and that it is comfortable driving.
★ Measure acceleration, by using the debug monitor.
★ Save money on gas, by driving more smoothly!
Found a bug/Got a feature request? Send us mail! :)
Why all the permissions?
• Internett access:
For downloading the map, and (if you want to) for posting to FB.
• Send SMS/Read SMS:
If enabled, DriSMo will repsond to incoming messages with a predefined message.
• Read location (GPS):
This is used to spot where you are, so the app can log and display the location on a map.
• Read phone state and incoming calls:
If enabled, this is used to send a predefined message to incoming calls, to let them know you are driving.
• Storage and saving to SD-card:
To log each trip, DriSMo saves a file for each trip on the SD-card.
• System tools:
To prevent the phone from sleeping when assessing driving quality, and for running DriSMo in the background when driving.
• Control vibrator:
To turn off the vibrator when assessing driving quality.
Keywords: vehicle, car, driving, ride, quality, skill, smooth driving, driving skill, car dock, car app, andicar, accelerometer, tracker, GPS, Waze, Google maps, Open Street Map, OSM, Navigator, Speedometer, HUD, g-forces, comparison, sms autoreply, facebook sharing, google+, g+, google plus, drivesafe.ly, safe drive, car home, dashboard, speed watcher, careful driver.
This is a real driving app, unlike smartphone simulation games like Drag Racing, Drift Mania, NEED FOR SPEED, Head To Head Racing, Championship Lite, Jet Car Stunts, Raging Thunder, Car Conductor, and other cool games!
This app senses and analyzes the driving dynamics, not just visualizing and recording the speed and video, such as DailyRoads Voyager, AutoBoy BlackBox, SpeedView, Ulysse Speedometer, Ulysse Gizmos and other cool apps.
This app puts focus on how people drive, not so much where people drive like some great navigation apps like VZ Navigator, My Verizon, waze, navigator by Verizon Wireless, my T-Mobile, iGo, AT&T navigator, Maverick, Sygic, Here I Am, Google Map Navigation, NAVIGON MobileNavigator, Beat the Traffic, Traffic Jam, RAC Traffic, and other cool apps.
- This app is not intended to give you tips and information about driving laws.
- This app needs to be turned on while you are driving.
- This app requires GPS (Satellite based) and Internet Enabled for better and accurate performance.
- This app works with network based GPS but distance and speed will be approximated.
The objective of DriveSafe is to make drivers self-accountable and make roads safe.
This app monitors people behavior while driving and calculates their safety rating. This rating projects percentage of kilometers driven safely and is a ratio of SafePoints to total distance driven.
It detects offenses like over-speeding and uncontrolled turns. For each offense it marks a black point.
If user drives one kilometer with no offense marked then 1 SafePoint is awarded.
User is also awarded white points for 10 consecutive kilometers with no over speeding or 10 controlled turns. For each white point, a SafePoint is also awarded.
- Speed offence detection
- Over speeding at road speed limit
- Over speeding at 120 km/h
- Over speeding at 160 km/h
- Uncontrolled left and right turn detection
- Choose mph or km/h as speed and distance unit.
- Grace period of 10 km/h (6 mph).
- Alerts when driving at speed limit.
- Blocks incoming calls while running
Time On Driver is an application that helps you not to commit traffic offenses. Optimizes driving time in planning your routes.
Time On Driver helps you to:
* Not to commit traffic offenses.
* Improve productivity.
* Plan routes.
Time On Driver application helps you to comply with the regulation No. 561/2006 of the European Parliament in regard to compliance with the limits of driving and rest times.
Time On Driver is compatible with the rules on fatigue when driving heavy vehicles in the European Union, as well as the rules of the AETR (European Agreement concerning the Work of Crews of Vehicles engaged in International Road Transport).
The application has a free trial period of 7 days. Once that period is over and if you want to continue using Time On Driver you will have to purchase the application. You can purchase and activate the application from within the application itself.
* Subscription *
As a user you can extend the functionality of Time On Driver by acquiring a subscription license:
* Saving activity logs on our servers
* Access to stored data and exported it through email, spreadsheet, etc..
* From the mobile you can:
- adjust the frequency of backups
- recover everything or parts of the activity log
* Control panel with access to expiration date driving license, transportation card, etc..
For more information: www.timeondriver.com
** APP'S PERMISSIONS **
- Read phone status and identity: TimeOnDriver retrieves the ID of your phone to know on what phone it is being used.
- Send and receive SMS messages: TimeOnDriver uses SMS to verify your phone number. This process is only necessary once. In no case will TimeOnDriver send a SMS without your express permission.
- Modify, read or delete content on USB: TimeOnDriver stores your backups on your external SD card (if your phone has one).
- Add, remove, find, etc.. accounts: When using the application a user is created by TimeOnDriver on your phone in order to manage the synchronization process.
- Network permissions: TimeOnDriver perform certain operations with a server, so you would need an internet connection.
- Run at startup: If TimeOnDriver is running (i.e. the Start button is not showing on the main page) TimeOnDriver will start automatically when you start the phone.
- Control Vibration: The user can choose if you want the phone to vibrate when you receive notification of TimeOnDriver.
- Sync permissions: If the user purchases a subscription to TimeOnDriver your activity log is automatically synchronized with our server.
- Modify System Settings: The only adjustments that will be modified will be those corresponding to the automatic synchronization related to the activity log.
---Safe driver app
---Encourages drivers to keep their eyes on the road
---Helps user to avoid car accidents
Vehawk provides the user with feedback on how to change the way you, your teenager, or owner of a vehicle(s) drives.
The application monitors the users driving habits:
Vehawk inSIGHT provides:
· Use of texting while driving
· Phone calls made or received while driving
· Monitoring of Accelerations/Decelerations
· Record of trip distances
· Record of how long it took to take each trip
· Maximum speed for each trip
· Visual routing of trip
· Location of parameter violations
· Immediate feedback on each trip with Vehawk’s scoring system
· Fully customizable driving settings
· Text message or e-mail notification of driving setting violations
Vehawk application provides the user with feedback on how to change the way you, your teenager, or owner of a vehicle(s) drives.
Unlike most driving apps that simply read you incoming messages and let you dictate a response -- a very clumsy and dangerous experience -- Driving Mode filters messages to simple and relevant statements like "Ben is parking" or "Where are you?" When you're ready to answer an incoming text that's made it's way through, Driving Mode let's you respond with a simple ok, making sure you are focused on the road and not people texting you.
Driving mode let's only the following types of messages through:
"What's your eta?"
"Where are you" (Driving Mode can respond with GPS coordinates)
"I'm running late"
"Stuck in traffic"
"Did you feed the dog?" and other simple yes/no questions.
Always check with local state laws to know if Driving Mode can be used legally where you live. Each state has its own unique laws on phone use in the car.