There are three main types of distraction:
Visual — taking your eyes off the road
Manual — taking your hands off the wheel
Cognitive — taking your mind off what you’re doing
Distracted driving is any non-driving activity a person engages in that has the potential to distract him or her from the primary task of driving and increase the risk of crashing.
While all distractions can endanger drivers’ safety, texting is the most alarming because it involves all three types of distraction.
The No Texting and Driving App curbs distracted driving by not only AUTO-RESPONDING to those who text you while you are en route, but also by READING YOUR TEXTS ALOUD so you can keep your focus on the road! You can even customize your own auto-response to whatever you like.
SafelyTexting assists employers or parents in preventing their employees or teens from texting, surfing the web, or using any applications on their phone while driving unless using Bluetooth technology.
Used as an Administered or Self-Monitored application, it can be used to report violations to an Administrator who can monitor usage or you can simply monitor yourself.
An auto reply lets others know that you'll get back with them when Safely Texting is possible.
A. What does SafelyTexting do???
1. SafelyTexting locks your phone screen if the GPS detects that you’re moving. It may take up to one minute for the GPS in your phone to recognize that you’re driving, but once it does, the phone will lock up. Once you’ve been stopped for about a minute, the phone will unlock automatically.
2. SafelyTexting has two modes; Administrator and User.
Administrator mode is used if no one will be monitoring your usage of SafelyTexting and you’ve installed the application for your personal use to help stop yourself from texting while driving.
User Mode is used for Employees, Students or others who have SafelyTexting mode installed with someone who will be monitoring their usage to verify that they don’t text and drive. The application can always be uninstalled by the user so this mode would send a text to the Administrator to let them know that the phone is no longer protected.
B. Unlock Mode Buttons
1. “How this Application Works” Opens this page :)
2. “Share this Application with a Friend” Allows you to use your personal Facebook, Twitter Feed, Email or other sharing service on your phone to tell everyone you know about SafelyTexting
3. “Visit our Web Page www.SafelyTexting.com” Visit our SafelyTexting Web page for much more information about this product.
4. “Settings” Allows you to change several settings like the Password, Emergency Number, Administrator Number etc.
C. Lock Mode Buttons (Different buttons based on Admin or User modes)
1. “Temporarily Unlock the Phone” [Administrators Only] Allows you to unlock your phone for either 1 minute or 30 minutes. Useful to hand your phone to someone else in the car to handle a call, text or anything else you might need the phone for.
2. “Text my Administrator to Ask for Permission to unlock my Phone” [Users Only] Allows send a text to your administrator asking for permission to unlock your phone. Useful if your a passenger on a long trip and want to use your phone. If the Administrator sends a reply text with the word “Yes” and a number, the phone will unlock for that number of minutes. If the Administrator just sends back the word “Yes” it will unlock for one minute.
3. “Call my Administrator” Places a call to your Administrator after a verification screen.
4. “Why is this phone Locked Right now?” Tells you in plain words why the phone is locked. Sometimes the GPS will have bad readings while stopped that will cause SafelyTexting to lock. This button will tell you exactly why it locked.
5. “Call Emergency Number” Pulls up your phone with your Emergency number already there ready for you to push the CALL button on your phone after a confirmation screen. Will not directly call until you press the button. Allows a few seconds to make the call, then locks the phone again.
Unlike most driving apps that simply read you incoming messages and let you dictate a response -- a very clumsy and dangerous experience -- Driving Mode filters messages to simple and relevant statements like "Ben is parking" or "Where are you?" When you're ready to answer an incoming text that's made it's way through, Driving Mode let's you respond with a simple ok, making sure you are focused on the road and not people texting you.
Driving mode let's only the following types of messages through:
"What's your eta?"
"Where are you" (Driving Mode can respond with GPS coordinates)
"I'm running late"
"Stuck in traffic"
"Did you feed the dog?" and other simple yes/no questions.
Always check with local state laws to know if Driving Mode can be used legally where you live. Each state has its own unique laws on phone use in the car.
---Safe driver app
---Encourages drivers to keep their eyes on the road
---Helps user to avoid car accidents
Vehawk provides the user with feedback on how to change the way you, your teenager, or owner of a vehicle(s) drives.
The application monitors the users driving habits:
Vehawk inSIGHT provides:
· Use of texting while driving
· Phone calls made or received while driving
· Monitoring of Accelerations/Decelerations
· Record of trip distances
· Record of how long it took to take each trip
· Maximum speed for each trip
· Visual routing of trip
· Location of parameter violations
· Immediate feedback on each trip with Vehawk’s scoring system
· Fully customizable driving settings
· Text message or e-mail notification of driving setting violations
Vehawk application provides the user with feedback on how to change the way you, your teenager, or owner of a vehicle(s) drives.
How much is your child's life worth?
Save a life with Drive Safe (no text and drive) patent pending app .
There is a default password but can be changed to your own by contacting us by email.
Application works with phones GPS and stops the ability to text and drive for android. Can be passworded for driving age kids so the parent can engage or disengage the application depending on whether they are driver or passenger. Must have phones GPS active for use.
Application places phone in stand-by while the vehicle is in motion but will still alert if there is incoming call or text.
This widget has 3 states:
*Manual - it replaces the incoming call screen to screen with large "accept call" and "reject call" buttons, so you don't need to use "slide-to-answer" screen. When you accept call, the phone is pushed to loudspeaker mode.
*Auto - Automatically answers the call after 5 seconds ringing and pushes phone to loudspeaker mode.
So you just need to turn it on before driving and off - after driving.
Note! Proper work is not guaranteed. You should check it before usage (make a call on phone just after installing). Tested on SE xperia ray.
This is widget!! to use it - tap on home screen->add->widget! The icon of the application WILL NOT appear in program directory! Don't try to find it there!
Stop distracted driving. Download this #1 app that allows you manage profiles/device and configure rule to prevent distracted driving.
Help us spread the word and save lives
Texting while driving is a growing trend, and a national epidemic, quickly becoming one of the country’s top killers. Drivers assume they can handle texting while driving and remain safe, but the numbers don’t lie.
Download this app.
Available for both Personal and Corporate use.
Text U Later has several features:
• Designed with an easy to use interface – Text U Later can be activated/deactivated with the touch of one button
• View and keep track of messages and calls received when Text U Later is active through the ‘Logs’ page
• The ‘Logs’ page interface even allows you to return calls and text messages without having to look your contacts up on the address book
• Choose a message in the ‘Settings’ page to customize what message Text U Later sends while active, according to your current situation
• Customize your experience by enabling/disabling sound notifications when a message is sent and even allowing Text U Later to respond to missed calls while active
• And best of all, Text U Later is free!
We provide secure online access to your parking data so you can track your parking expenses, change your account settings or print a report. You can also easily export information for expense reimbursements.
You’ll find Parkmobile in private and public parking lots, on city streets, at airports, stadiums and just about anywhere you park. Millions of people have signed up. Registering with us is free and you’re under no obligation to use Parkmobile. It takes less than two minutes to join.
Parkmobile takes the stress out of parking. No more searching for coins. No worries about a dysfunctional parking meter. We offer flexible solutions designed to make your day a little easier.
You can register multiple vehicles to one cell phone number and multiple cell phones may be registered to one vehicle. Find out more about Parkmobile by visiting our website.
Description of permissions used by the app:
Network Communication - Needed to communicate with the parking servers.
Your Location - Part of the maps/GPS functionality
Read phone state and identity - Used to autofill phone number during new user registration
Your accounts - Used to autofill email address during new user registration
Camera - Used for scanning QR codes stickers for parking
Storage - For saving app settings to the phone.
Control Near-Field Communication - Used for scanning NFC stickers for parking
Parkmobile USA is an American-based company with offices and a call center here in the U.S. We’re one of the largest cashless parking providers in the country. Registration with us is free, and you’re under no obligation whatsoever to use Parkmobile once you join.