Current coverage: Hungary, Europe. (But more to come later.)
* automatic map downloads
* base and detailed map packages for download
* pausable and resumable map downloads
* show & follow aircraft location
* lock screen orientation
* keep screen awake without user interaction
* donate to the Open Aviation Map project
If you like this project, don't forget to donate from within the application!
The Open Aviation Map project aims to create maps to be used by general aviation enthusiasts - similarly to the Open Street Maps project.
Open Aviation Map is an open source project, follow the development at http://code.google.com/p/openaviationmap/
Like us on FaceBook here: https://www.facebook.com/OpenAviationMap
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
OpenFlightGPS (then released in 2010 as "OpenFlight Map") was the FIRST Android Aviation Charting App available. I created this app because there were no Android chart options at the time; and continue to service the app with FAA charts as provided on the FAA "aeronav" web site. The charts are provided in their entirety, and as such are clearly marked with their effective dates and all other margin information. You must download the charts one at a time as this app is provided to you at my personal expense and as such I would rather not have folks downloading 10 gigs at a pop from my website for charts they probably won't look at.
This application is absolutely free and free of any advertising or other garbage*. If OpenFlightGPS doesn't work for you or you don't like it for any reason, delete it. If you're nice, I might respond to emailed suggestions. Bad ranking in general will not get any result, and you'll just prove what kind of entitled person (or maybe representative of one of the paid vendors ...) you are.
Works best on 10" tablets, also works with 7" and other form factor tablets and most cell phones - but many cell phones do not have good GPS reception without "cell tower" assist.
The complete set is about 150 charts - note that the application may initialize more slowly if a very large number of charts is cached. Add to or change your set of charts at any time via WIFI download from within the app. Geo-referenced, moving map technology including access to all (1) Sectional (VFR), (2) World Aeronautical (WAC), (3) Enroute Low (IFR) and (4) Terminal Area (TAC) Charts for the contiguous 48 United States. Also includes non-Geo-Referenced Fly Way Charts. Individual charts are downloaded on demand through the app; individual chart files are between 2 and 10 megabytes, so WIFI works best when caching maps.
When moving, "GPS Mode" shows graphic (miniature airplane with pointer) pointing in direction of movement. When stopped, graphic changes to a house icon. "Compass Mode" shows the direction ON THE MAP that the device is pointed. Also shows current latitude, longitude and altitude and current map scale.
To the guy from one of the hardware vendors that writes in the comments of all the free/low cost aviation charting apps about "wanting someone you can sue if there's a problem ... blah blah ... skin in the game" : The license terms you agreed to specifically disallow using this application in flight, or for any Aeronautical Decision Making whatsoever. I do appreciate that you are touched by this free application, as the primary reason I am giving it away is that I am sick and tired of overpriced map updates for most of the paid (and all of the certified) products ... Foreflight is an exception, and is reasonably priced ... if you don't want plates, anyway. Too bad they don't sell it on an open platform.
As per the license terms installing and using this application affirms that you agree that "Roger B. Leuthner is not responsible in any way for your use of this program in any respect", which you must agree to when activating the application on your device.
OpenFlight is a trademarked name, and is not part of the OpenFlightGPS application.
*Google is in the business of gathering and selling information about you. Supporting Google by increasing the Android ecosystem with this free application is a necessary by-product of providing easy access to General Aviation pilots.
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Warnings before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- External Bluetooth GPS support
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
Moving map GPS for a little price!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
NOTE: Requires registration of an email address since your NAV & MET reports are sent via email. If you do not wish to register, no point installing this app.
* Create your route by simply typing the list of desired waypoints (such as ICAO airport identifiers). For example, to specify a route from San Francisco International to Los Angeles International, enter: KSFO KLAX.
* Alternatively, create/edit route via Google Maps and Route-Editor
* Simply click a button to generate your Pilot's LOG (PLOG) comprising all your navigation calculations for your route. Moments later, your PLOG and MET reports are sent to you by email (as attached PDF files).
* The PLOG computation for drift uses the current MET (from METARS, TAFS, and global weather forecasting software) to determine winds aloft for each waypoint along the route (we call this "AutoMETic")
* The PLOG computations for magnetic heading use a numerical geomagnetic model to calculate the 1magnetic deviation for each and every waypoint for the current calendar date .
* The PLOG calculations provide altimetry (transition levels, flight levels, etc) and performance (density altitudes, freezing altitude, etc) calculations along the route (again using AutoMETic to determine localised temperatures and pressures for the basis of the computations).
* The PLOG calculations provide solar angle calculations (azimuth and zenith) along the route corresponding to the dates and times along the route, enabling, for example, to determine if any of the flight is conducted in darkness, or if any of the flight will be conducted "into the sun" (possibly affecting visibility) etc.
* The PLOG calculations include fuel consumption profile along the route (including consideration of fuel consumption for initial climb-out, and any en route changes in altitude).
* The PLOG calculations include range and endurance estimation for possible diversion from any point along the route, based on remaining fuel along the route.
* Ability to specify wide range of parameters for the PLOG calculations including altitude profile along the route, airspeed profile along the route, date and time of departure (including UTC offset for local time), waypoint at which the stopwatch is zeroed (e.g., to enable PLOG times to be computed relative to a specified starting waypoint which can be different from the departure airfield).
* Ability to save routes and waypoints for sharing with friends and/or the general public.
* Ability to save parameters for convenience and later re-use.
* Ability to set and save preferences such as aircraft performance parameters (IAS, climb rate, fuel consumption, fuel capacity, etc) used in the PLOG calculations.
* Ability to set and save preferences for dimensional units used in the PLOG parameters and reports.
* Creates open-standard GPX (".gpx") format and Garmin Flight Plan (".fpl") format files (included as additional file attachments in your PLOG email) containing your route for easy import into other software tools and navigation/avionics devices.
* Seamless inter-operability with the web-based version of iNavCalc (flylogical.com)
* Excellent for use in education and instruction of pre-flight navigation
* "Twitter Locator Beacon" (TLB) for broadcasting your current location via Twitter
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/gpsairnavigator!
IMPORTANT: the new Android permissions requested when install or update the app (Send_SMS and Receive_SMS) are needed for the new MAYDAY feature. These options of send and/or receive SMS inside the app are entirely controlled by the user in the app Settings.
• real-time GPS moving map
• graphical visualization of country air space (experimental)
• database with more than 56.000 system waypoints
• create and manage your own user waypoints
• create and manage your routes and legs
• MAYDAY button: send an automatic SMS with current location (only in devices that support this feature) and activation of a route to the nearest waypoint
• show real-time flight tracks
• save flight tracks to GPX file for offline processing (visualize in specific apps or inside the GPS Air Navigator)
• export screenshots of your flights (for example to share on Fabebook)
• only one licence needed for all your Android devices
After install, you can try the app with the following limitations:
• you can save only two user waypoints;
• the app closes after 7 minutes of usage.
If you like GPS Air Navigator, you can buy a licence (10,99 EUR) using the button Buy inside the app, to use it without limitations.
Enjoy GPS Air Navigator!
50% Promotional Sales! Limited Time Only!
Aviation Glossary Plus+ is an application containing over 1300 aviation-related glossary terms. It is an excellent educational and reference application for pilots as well as those who have interest in airplanes and the aviation business. In particular, this application contains glossary terms in the following areas:
- Aircraft Navigation Terms
- Aircraft Power Plant Terms
- Aircraft Structure Terms
- Aircraft Systems Terms
- Airline Terms
- Airport Terms
- ATC Terms
- Aviation Maintenance Terms
- Aviation Safety Terms
- Aviation Terms
- Aviation Weather Terms
- Avionics Terms
- FAA Terms
- ICAO Terms
- Military Aviation Terms
The application is optimized for Android 1.6+ devices.
This application has the following features:
- User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
- Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other glossary
- A glossary search engine
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
The moving map in the well known IC*O-style supports the pilot with the navigation and thus leaves time for the bright side of flighing.
The integrated database includes over 4,500 airfields and waypoints from many european countries with information about airport names, frequency and runway information. A "double tab" on any point on the map shows this additional information.
By the support of the OpenAir file format, any airspaces (including gliding sectors) can be shown on the map.
Especially helpful: After downloading the desired maps (completely free) as well as the airspace files, VFRnav works completely offline and does not require an existing data connection at any time. Not even a SIM must be available in your smartphone. (Advise: For optimal battery life it is recommended to switch on the flight mode during your trip)
With the track recording feature you can track any flights. Tracks can be exported as KML files and/or sent by e-mail . Flown routes can be shown on Google Earth. The flight time recording also automatically records time and place of takeoff and landing and calculates the time of flight.
The development of VFRnav is made in close contact with the users. We set a high value on the intuitive use and usability as well as an Android typical app-design. In the current second version many ideas and suggestions have been implemented which have reached us in the past few months by e-mail. Thank you at this point for the extensive feedback.
The basic functions of VFRnav can be tested without any time limitation. If you like VFRnav, you can purchase a license for currently 49,95 Euros. This will give you free updates for one year. After the 12 months a lower priced update license can be purchased. VFRnav itself can be used unlimited.
By the way: The license is personal but not linked to any specific device. If you use multiple Android devices with the same Google account, your license is valid on all your devices.
Requirements: For the real time air navigation a device with GPS is required. Furthermore your smartphone or tablet needs at least 200 MB of free space. VFRnav has been tested on Android 2.2 up to 5 (Lollipop) . A minimum display resolution of 480x800 pixels is recommended.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
Disclaimer: Please note that VFRnav is not an officially approved aid for the flight preparation and air navigation. A guarantee for the correctness and completeness of data cannot be given. We are not responsible for any use of this application. Please check the data displayed always with official maps of aviation.
VFRnav est une application de navigation aérienne pour les pilotes VFR.
Tired from the messy checklist papers? You always lose them?
From now It's finished, We've got the solution!
Why we need all the mess with the papers if we can pull out the device out from our pocket and start checking? In the 21st century everything is going in the digital way.
The app contains 14 checklist categories and more than 150 checklist items.
• PRESTART CHECKLIST
• STARTUP CHECKLIST
• BEFORE TAXI CHECKLIST
• TAXI CHECKLIST
• BEFORE TAKEOFF CHECKLIST
• TAKEOFF CHECKLIST
• CLIMBOUT CHECKLIST
• CRUISE CHECKLIST (ABOVE FL 180)
• DESCENT CHECKLIST
• APPROACH CHECKLIST
• LANDING CHECKLIST
• TAXI TO RAMP CHECKLIST
• SHUTDOWN CHECKLIST
• SECURING AIRCRAFT
If you like our app and you think it is helpful, Show us your support by leaving a review and rate the app.
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/boeing.737.checklist
Keywords: boeing, 737, checklist, plane, free, fly, ad-free, android, pro, full, fsx, fs9, fs2004, simulator
It's absolutely free version & ad-free!
Elle est particulièrement adaptée à la navigation en ULM, planeur ou avion léger.
- Les données aériennes disponibles dans VFR ne couvrent que la France métropolitaine, la Corse et une petite partie de la surface des pays frontalier de la France. La vente de VFR n'est ouverte à l'étranger que pour satisfaire la demande des pilotes francophones qui souhaitent utiliser VFR en bordure et à l'intérieur du territoire Français.
- La protection contre la copie de VFR impose une réactivation périodique (et gratuite) de sa licence. Pour que cette activation puisse se faire, une connexion internet est requise lors du démarrage de VFR, au moins une fois tous les 5 jours.
- NOT FOR OPERATIONAL USE ! VFR ne doit en aucun cas être votre seul moyen de préparation et de navigation et ne peut pas remplacer la documentation officielle à bord de votre aéronef.
* Affichage de la position GPS sur un fond de carte
- Google Maps (en vue "carte routière" ou en vue "photo satellite" pour les appareils compatibles et à condition d'être connecté à internet via un abonnement 3G).
- Embarqué basé sur des données OpenStreetMap à télécharger (en vue orientée nord ou orientée cap).
* Enregistrement de la trace GPS et export au format KML.
* Affichage de la vitesse (en km/h ou en noeuds), du cap et de l'altitude en pieds par rapport au niveau moyen de la mer (AMSL) ou par rapport au niveau estimé du sol (AGL).
* Possibilité de choisir les instruments affichés ainsi que leur disposition à l'écran par fichier de configuration.
* Possibilité de saisir une correction de l'altitude lue par le GPS pour tenir compte du GUND (non sphéricité de la Terre).
* Affichage, en surimpression de la carte, du contour des zones aériennes de France avec un code couleur en fonction de leur classe.
* Affichage des aérodromes, des bases ULM, alti-surfaces, vaches planeur identifiés par leur nom et un code couleur.
* Affichage des points de report des aérodromes.
* Affichage des pistes des aérodromes en surimpression de la carte avec indication de la position de leur seuil et de leur dénomination.
* Affichage des VOR, TACAN et NDB.
* Affichage en "tapant" sur la carte, des informations sur ce point : coordonnées, élévation, zones, infos AD et carte VAC ou fiche BASULM si disponible pour un AD.
* Téléchargement et mise à jour des cartes VAC et fiches BASULM directement depuis l'application.
* Affichage d'une vue de profil en avant de la trajectoire de l'avion avec le relief du sol et les zones aériennes.
* Visualisation de la projection de la trajectoire actuelle à 5 minutes avec un repère toutes les minutes sur la carte et sur la vue de profil.
* Possibilité de créer et enregistrer des routes constituées d'une succession de points avec consigne de vitesse et d'altitude.
* Possibilité d'importer une route au format GPX ou créée à partir du logiciel Navigation de François Fouchet (Foufou) qui accepte maintenant également l'import des traces de VFR.
* Possibilité de lister les aérodromes à proximité et d'afficher la route directe pour s'y rendre.
* Recherche par nom d'un AD, d'une balise de nav, d'une localité et fonction "Aller vers..."
* Affichage de l'écart de navigation par rapport à la route active (en vitesse, cap et altitude) via des indicateurs de couleur ou un HSI.
* Affichage du temps estimé pour le prochain point, pour la fin de la route et du cap à suivre pour le prochain point.
* Passage automatique au point suivant de la route en arrivant à proximité du point actif ou sélection manuelle du point actif.
* Affichage d'un log de Nav.
* Possibilité de "rejouer" une trace GPS enregistrée pour simuler un fonctionnement réel en navigation et "prendre en main" l'application, avec un mode pause et un curseur permettant l'avance rapide et le retour arrière.
* Prise en charge des orientations "portrait" et "paysage" de l'appareil.
This Avare External I/O Plugin requires the free Avare app, which should be installed first. You can find Avare on Google Play in the list of our free apps under the "More from developer" section below. For details on installation and operation of Avare with this I/O app and use with specific devices, please see our website and search our Forum. The basic steps for use with an external GPS or ADS-B receiver are:
--Installation on your Android device--
- Install Avare
- Install this Avare External I/O Plugin app
1. Turn on the external receiver device and ensure that it's ready and transmitting data via Bluetooth (or WiFi), in a location with clear view of the sky and near the Android device.
2. On your Android device, disable GPS in the settings (optional if you do not want GPS from
tablet internal), and ensure that Bluetooth (or WiFi) is on.
3. Launch the Avare app, go to Preferences, and under GPS select where you want to
get GPS messages (e.g. ADS-B or GPS device), then minimize Avare using Home button of Android device.
4. Launch the IO app, and connect your Android device to the ADSB/GPS device via Bluetooth.
5. Minimize the IO app (like Avare, it will continue running in background).
6. Return to the Avare app and your position will be displayed if available and if other Avare settings are correct. Note that Avare's GPS tab will be blank when using an external GPS in this way.
While all this may look complex, users report that once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is simple and intuitive.
*Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
*In many locations, little or no ADS-B reception may be available, especially on the ground, so you may need to be flying at or above 3,000' AGL to receive ADS-B data. If so, you may be able to receive at least the data from any long-haul airliners passing overhead transmitting ADS-B Out.
This enables pilots to place a secondary Android device with built in GPS receiver in the optimal location for satellite reception (for example, beneath the windshield with an unobstructed view of the sky). That device's GPS data is then sent via Bluetooth by this AddOn app, to one or more other Android devices running Avare (such as a tablet or phone attached to the aircraft control yoke, panel, or pilot's kneeboard).
Put your old Android phones to good use, and add redundancy to GPS navigation. This will convert your second device into a Bluetooth GPS, so it can be placed in an appropriate location in the aircraft, for optimum GPS signal reception. Your primary navigation & EFB phone/tablet device(s) running Avare can then be placed for optimum visibility and physical access; while getting GPS location data from your secondary device running this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
- Install Avare
- Install the Avare External I/O Plugin app
Secondary Device (for GPS):
- Install this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app
1. On Secondary Device, launch this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
2. On Primary Device(s), launch the Avare External I/O Plugin app, and then the Avare app.
3. On Secondary Device, click the Enable Pairing button from this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
4. On Primary Device(s), Pair with Secondary Device using that device's Bluetooth settings.
5. On Primary Device(s), launch the Avare External I/O Plugin app, and connect to Secondary Device using the External Bluetooth GPS menu.
6. On Primary Device(s), start Avare and navigate.
While all this may look complex, once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is fairly simple and intuitive.
Note that many dedicated external GPS units will perform more accurately and reliably than the GPS receivers built into most Android devices. This can be due to many factors including the fact that the primary purpose of external units is GPS reception; they may receive multiple GPS bands; they may access supplementary WAAS transmissions; and they may have more sensitive receivers with better noise rejection. Even so, the GPS built into most Android devices will perform well when optimally placed, so we hope this app can save you some money while providing an alternate GPS source.
NOTE: Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode to reduce battery use and the potential for radio frequency interference, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
Please share your feedback, questions and/or comments about this app on our Apps4Av Forum. Check the Forum and our Website for the latest developments.
Basic functions include:
- Count down timer in seconds.
- Count down in degrees ("S.Rt.") for Standard Rate turns, useful in making a 180 degree turn for example.
- One minute punch in for hold patterns.
- Option to use any phone button to start/stop.
- Vibration alert.
- Tone alert.
- Maximum time out of 100 minutes.