- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
For $49.99 you receive the Anywhere Map Freedom app with all of the geo-referenced US sectional and enroute charts as well as all of the US Approach Plates. The purchase includes a full year of updates to the map and chart data.
• Track up or North up
• Day mode or night mode
• Approach plate on map and/or dedicated approach plate
• Patented Cones of Safety®
• TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System) graphics
• Vertical Navigation (VNAV) guidance with target altitudes at waypoints
• Virtual Glideslope / Localizer to any runway endpoint
• Unlimited custom views allow for extensive map customization
Aeronautical Digital Database features:
• Fixes, navaids, airports, private airports
• Victor airways including MEAs
• Localizers and marker beacons
• Runway info including paved / unpaved and lighting
• Radio frequencies including AWOS
• Class B/C/D airspace boundaries
• MOA / Restricted / Alert / Prohibited areas
• SFR and TFR graphical depiction
Surface map features
• 100 meter Terrain elevation resolution – sharpest in the industry
• TAWS warning or shaded terrain
• Radio towers and obstacles
Geo-Referenced Graphical Chart Features
• Seamless Sectional Charts
• Seamless Low Enroute Charts
• Approach Plates and Airport diagrams--can be over-laid on moving map screen
• STARS, DPs, Minimums, and TERP Reference pages with page-flip buttons for multi-page documents
Find Nearby Functions:
• Nearby Airports / VORs / ATIS / AWOS / ATC / FSS frequencies
Internet based weather depictions
• Nexrad mosaic overlays on any view
• Graphical Metar Flags
• Terminal Forecasts
• NOAA weather graphic charts--Progs, Winds Aloft, Freezing Levels
Flight Planning & Route Creation
• Drag and Drop on screen flight planning
• Universal finder airport / waypoint search tool
• Victor airway based route wizard
• Flight plan screen with fuel usage calculations
• Winds Aloft compensation for better fuel consumption estimates and ETA
• Unlimited Aircraft profiles includes fuel use, glide ratio, and weight and balance
• Unlimited User Waypoint entry
• Track history / Breadcrumbs
Alerts and reminders – Personal Digital CoPilot®
• Switch Fuel tanks
• Check fuel pump
• Check Landing Gear
• Begin Descent
• Check Oxygen
• Obstacle Ahead warning
• Flight following – altitude and heading hold assistance
Map Screen Display and Formatting options
• Compass Rose overlay
• Graphical Metar Flags on map
• Day and night mode color schemes
• Graphical depiction of grass runways
• Knots / MPH quick toggles
• Track / Bearing display
• ETE / ETA times to destination or next waypoint
• E-HSI slaves to flight plan or the runway centerline
• Destination weather graphic
• Flight Timer – only runs when aircraft is moving.
• Elapsed timer
• Winds aloft / TAS / Density altitude calculations
• Weight and balance calculator
• User customizable quick tools menu
• Regional download controls
Device must have a dual core processor and at least 512Mb of RAM.
Anywhere Map Freedom is intended for use in North America, and includes US charts ONLY.
50% Promotional Sales! Limited Time Only!
Aviation Glossary Plus+ is an application containing over 1300 aviation-related glossary terms. It is an excellent educational and reference application for pilots as well as those who have interest in airplanes and the aviation business. In particular, this application contains glossary terms in the following areas:
- Aircraft Navigation Terms
- Aircraft Power Plant Terms
- Aircraft Structure Terms
- Aircraft Systems Terms
- Airline Terms
- Airport Terms
- ATC Terms
- Aviation Maintenance Terms
- Aviation Safety Terms
- Aviation Terms
- Aviation Weather Terms
- Avionics Terms
- FAA Terms
- ICAO Terms
- Military Aviation Terms
The application is optimized for Android 1.6+ devices.
This application has the following features:
- User friendly interface to preview all glossary terms in one view
- Ability to bookmark selected glossary for easier reference
- Cross-referencing links to other glossary
- A glossary search engine
- Offline browsing
138App.com is one of the leaders in developing Android applications. Check out our other Apps on Android Market by searching for "138app.com" on the search box
Application to general aviation or commercial aviation
- Record your flights and get complete information such as:
Time on ground
Time on flight
Average speed, and
- Know exactly how many hours flown
- Review and analize your flights
- Export to KML format to see your flight in Google Earth three-dimensional shape
- View statistics of your flights in various categories
- No matter what type of aircraft you fly (piston aircraft, Jet aircraft or helicopter)
- Can be used even when you fly as a passenger
- Easy to use platform
- Easy setup
- APP developed for smartphones and tablets
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
Current coverage: Hungary, Europe. (But more to come later.)
* automatic map downloads
* base and detailed map packages for download
* pausable and resumable map downloads
* show & follow aircraft location
* lock screen orientation
* keep screen awake without user interaction
* donate to the Open Aviation Map project
If you like this project, don't forget to donate from within the application!
The Open Aviation Map project aims to create maps to be used by general aviation enthusiasts - similarly to the Open Street Maps project.
Open Aviation Map is an open source project, follow the development at http://code.google.com/p/openaviationmap/
Like us on FaceBook here: https://www.facebook.com/OpenAviationMap
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Warnings before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- External Bluetooth GPS support
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
- No ads, no hidden costs, no privacy issues!
- Logging of Block-Time (PRO)
- Logging Take-Off, Touch&Go and Landing times
- Logging of airport identifier and full name (PRO)
- Database of 25000 airports, including glider and ultra light airfields (PRO)
- Easy sharing of logged times with an app of your choice - eg. SMS, WhatsApp or Email
- Smart algorithms that take many factors in account for calculating exact times and reducing false positives to a minimum
Reduce your workload with just one click - so you can concentrate on the important things. You will never be in a situation again where you forgot to write down your off-block time and you can use your resources for aviating instead of looking down and writing down times.
Try the free version today - unlike other apps it contains absolutely no ads and no data will ever leave your phone without your permission.
If you like the app consider buying the PRO version, which contains the features listed above; all the money will be used for paying my ATPL training. (And if you are not happy with the paid version, you get a full refund, no question asked!)
If you have any questions, feel free to email me!
Only requires GPS connectivity so AWN works in "Flight mode".
If you do have an Internet connection then you can see your current location on OpenStreetMaps (no subscription required).
Maintain a list of Waypoints, which you can enter into the application, import from spreadsheet or download from the Internet
Select a Waypoint for immediate "Go to" navigation or set current location as waypoint for "Man overboard" situations.
Build a list of regularly used Routes from the Waypoints then select a Route to navigate.
Automatic Route Waypoint selection during Navigation.
Route waypoints are listed in the Navigation screen in order of distance (nearest first) from your current location (except that the top item will be the closest Waypoint which is both On Route and Ahead).
Waypoints will therefore sort themselves when you pass over a waypoint or when you wish to travel a route in reverse.
Temporarily switch "On Route" or "Off Route" priority of route waypoints during Navigation for instance to route to a reporting point or destination diversion.
Training and Pre-flight checklist for using the GA App
√ Check the Aviation Weather Forecast
√ Check your Airplane's Weight & Balance
√ Check the METARs and trends for the last 24 hours
√ Compare conditions to personal minimums
√ Check aviation flight categories (LIFR,IFR,VFR,MVFR)for the area airports
√ Calculate Takeoff & Landing performance based on current & forecast conditions
√ Check the TAFs
√ Review Hold entry procedures
√ Review VOR radial intercept and tracking
√ Get Distance and Bearing to nearby Airports and NAVAIDs
√ Check Pre-selected Web Pages
The CFI Tools subscription model
The CFI Tools have now been consolidated into this single App.
This App has its interface optimized to take advantage of many different screen sizes. This simply means you can use it on all your Android devices and it works well on any screen size.
This consolidation also changes the pricing scheme. Some Apps that had a price before are now free. The premium features now require a subscription.
The Apps that can be used for free without subscription include Crosswind, Holds, VOR and Help & Support.
For additional information including screenshots and functional details please visit our web site www.CFITools.com.
Takeoff & Landing - performance data for 53 specific airplane models
Please NOTE! The Takeoff & Landing database contains 53 airplanes. This means it can ONLY be used for 53 specific makes and models of airplanes. Please visit the web site to get the details.
For Weight & Balance there is no limit on the make, model, the number of airplanes, the number of stations or envelopes. You can, and in fact must, customize your airplane or airplanes to match your actual W&B data. There are sample templates available but as you know the numbers for your plane are unique.
NOTE: The source of the METARs used in this App is NOAA's National Weather Service Aviation Weather Center. http://aviationweather.gov/adds/metars/
If the station cannot be found on this web site, it will not be in the App. This database contains over 7,000 worldwide airports.
NOTE: The Forecast App data is from NOAA's National Weather Service Meteorological Development Lab web site: http://www.weather.gov/mdl/synop/products.php
An internet connection is required to obtain the weather.
None of these Apps are replacements for any official information source. Please verify any data, especially performance data with your AFM/POH.
About CFI Tools
I'm a Pilot and a CFII. I build these Apps and other software for my own use.
The Apps have been for sale now for a number of years. They have been enhanced and updated based on listening to the suggestions of the pilots who use them.
Any suggestions for improvement or new apps are always welcomed.
Have a good flight.
Aviation tools for arrival fuel check, fuel order, refuel check, wind calculator, snowtam decoder, ice & turbulence forecast decoder & altimeter temperature correction.
** Please Read **
The free version has many tools - listed above - that are fully functional. Others - listed below - are demo versions of tools available in the paid version.
We have received some negative reviews from users who are disappointed to discover that not all tools are fully functional even though this is clearly stated and the app works as described.
It just seems that some people don't want to pay the price of half a cup of coffee to have an app that has taken many hundreds of hours to program.....
By all means, don't buy the paid version but please don't give 1-star reviews for an app that works as described :)
** Thanks for Reading **
Demo versions of tools available in the paid version: flight computer (most useful CR3 & E6B functions), pilot logbook assistant, airfield database, weather charts, weather getter, NOTAM getter, descent angle calculator, underload calculator, briefing buddy, quick performance, great circle calculator, weight and balance calculator, sunrise/sunset calculator, hold calculator & metric altimetry.
Aviation tools: flight computer (most useful CR3 & E6B functions), pilot logbook assistant, airfield database, weather charts, weather getter, NOTAM getter, post-flight fuel check, fuel order, refuel check, wind calculator, snowtam decoder, descent angle calculator, ice & turbulence forecast decoder, altimeter temperature correction, underload calculator, briefing buddy, quick performance, great circle calculator, weight and balance calculator, sunrise/sunset calculator, hold calculator & metric altimetry calculator.
**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
This Avare External I/O Plugin requires the free Avare app, which should be installed first. You can find Avare on Google Play in the list of our free apps under the "More from developer" section below. For details on installation and operation of Avare with this I/O app and use with specific devices, please see our website and search our Forum. The basic steps for use with an external GPS or ADS-B receiver are:
--Installation on your Android device--
- Install Avare
- Install this Avare External I/O Plugin app
1. Turn on the external receiver device and ensure that it's ready and transmitting data via Bluetooth (or WiFi), in a location with clear view of the sky and near the Android device.
2. On your Android device, disable GPS in the settings (optional if you do not want GPS from
tablet internal), and ensure that Bluetooth (or WiFi) is on.
3. Launch the Avare app, go to Preferences, and under GPS select where you want to
get GPS messages (e.g. ADS-B or GPS device), then minimize Avare using Home button of Android device.
4. Launch the IO app, and connect your Android device to the ADSB/GPS device via Bluetooth.
5. Minimize the IO app (like Avare, it will continue running in background).
6. Return to the Avare app and your position will be displayed if available and if other Avare settings are correct. Note that Avare's GPS tab will be blank when using an external GPS in this way.
While all this may look complex, users report that once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is simple and intuitive.
*Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
*In many locations, little or no ADS-B reception may be available, especially on the ground, so you may need to be flying at or above 3,000' AGL to receive ADS-B data. If so, you may be able to receive at least the data from any long-haul airliners passing overhead transmitting ADS-B Out.
This enables pilots to place a secondary Android device with built in GPS receiver in the optimal location for satellite reception (for example, beneath the windshield with an unobstructed view of the sky). That device's GPS data is then sent via Bluetooth by this AddOn app, to one or more other Android devices running Avare (such as a tablet or phone attached to the aircraft control yoke, panel, or pilot's kneeboard).
Put your old Android phones to good use, and add redundancy to GPS navigation. This will convert your second device into a Bluetooth GPS, so it can be placed in an appropriate location in the aircraft, for optimum GPS signal reception. Your primary navigation & EFB phone/tablet device(s) running Avare can then be placed for optimum visibility and physical access; while getting GPS location data from your secondary device running this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
- Install Avare
- Install the Avare External I/O Plugin app
Secondary Device (for GPS):
- Install this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app
1. On Secondary Device, launch this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
2. On Primary Device(s), launch the Avare External I/O Plugin app, and then the Avare app.
3. On Secondary Device, click the Enable Pairing button from this Bluetooth GPS For Avare app.
4. On Primary Device(s), Pair with Secondary Device using that device's Bluetooth settings.
5. On Primary Device(s), launch the Avare External I/O Plugin app, and connect to Secondary Device using the External Bluetooth GPS menu.
6. On Primary Device(s), start Avare and navigate.
While all this may look complex, once the initial setup is done the routine setup and operation is fairly simple and intuitive.
Note that many dedicated external GPS units will perform more accurately and reliably than the GPS receivers built into most Android devices. This can be due to many factors including the fact that the primary purpose of external units is GPS reception; they may receive multiple GPS bands; they may access supplementary WAAS transmissions; and they may have more sensitive receivers with better noise rejection. Even so, the GPS built into most Android devices will perform well when optimally placed, so we hope this app can save you some money while providing an alternate GPS source.
NOTE: Based on manufacturer and carrier implementations, Android devices handle Airplane Mode differently. If you use Avare in Airplane Mode to reduce battery use and the potential for radio frequency interference, the Bluetooth transceiver in your device may or MAY NOT be active. It's possible that if Bluetooth isn't working on your device after you activate Airport Mode, it may work if you simply turn on Bluetooth again while in Airplane Mode. You could also further investigate how your device actually handles airplane mode with a free tool such as Airplane Mode Modifier.
Please share your feedback, questions and/or comments about this app on our Apps4Av Forum. Check the Forum and our Website for the latest developments.