Keywords: Compass, Hiking, Orientation Compass, Clinometer, Adjustable Magnetic Declination, Compass Navigation
Prerequisite: Your device must have an integrated compass sensor to function properly.
+ Orienting compass functions
+ Suitable for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities
+ HD graphics
+ Quick step by step use guide
+ Rotating bezel
+ Rotating orienting arrow
+ Adjustable magnetic declination
+ Fine tune of the rotating bezel
+ Fine tune of the orienting arrow
Shows slip, pitch and roll angles of the device. Using the menu, you can calibrate pitch level based upon your installation and adjust sensitivity for the smoothed and realistic display.
DISCLAIMER: This app is not FAA approved and should not be used for primary navigation. All information is presented for reference only.
This application displays heading, roll and pitch using the device's internal 3-axis sensors. You can reduce jitter by selecting different data average and update values. You can also lock the orientation of the device and adjust for any offset in roll and pitch.
For devices with internal GPS, the application can display speed, altitude, latitude and longitude. You can enter a waypoint and display its range and bearing.
- Full colour moving map which can be used in Track Up or North Up mode
- Extensive airfield information including licensed, unlicensed and microlight airfields, helipads
- IFR and VFR Reporting points
- Special Rules Areas and VFR routings
- Airspace Information, updated
- Direct-To, Move To Function
- Tap on any point on the map and it shows distance, bearing and ETA. Or insert your own Waypoint
- Flight Log displays distance to next waypoint, ground speed, desired track, ETE and ETA, as well as current position in relation to VFR points for easy position reporting
- Flight Planning : Airspace Intersections and Abeam Waypoints can be inserted (flight plans can also be imported from EasyPlan)
- User Waypoints (can also be imported from EasyPlan)
- E6B Flight Calculator
- Terrain awareness, the display can be set to show ground elevation or Aircraft relative to ground, warning of high ground in a different colour shading.
- Aircraft details and Basic Weight&Balance
- HSI Needle
- RMI Needles and OBI Radials
- Airspace, Obstacle and Terrain Warnings
- A Notepad to write quick notes on the screen
- EasyWeather, a great safety feature (subject to subscription and internet connection in flight) to overlay wind forecasts at different flight levels, and actual radar and satellite images to show thunderstorms (South Africa only)
EasyCockpit can be installed as a free trial app with limited information. In order to obtain the full data, please email AviationDirect at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain pricing and payment details for the full version.
If you want to make a donation and/or get rid of the ads, search for "Aviation Tools Donate" in the market.
Aviation Tools is a pilot tool for preparing flights.
Get instant access to useful informations : METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, AFD ...
Available languages: English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish
If you want to translate/correct :
Available Maps: USA, France, Italy (VATSIM), Netherlands, Norway, UK, Spain, South Africa
Contact to add more maps (I need a free website with PDF).
- Quickly find the nearest airports (displaying the distance and bearing)
- Weather information and NOTAMs (remain available offline),
- Download directly all available documentations (AFD, TAKE-OFF MINIMUMS, ILS...)
- Call ATIS directly from the application,
- Calculate sunset and sunrise,
- Inline airport Editor to add or change an airport (collaborative)
- Worldwide database pre-loaded
- If you are not French use FAA source for NOTAMs (Note: go to menu Preferences and select "FAA")
- The METARs TAFs and are decoded and converted according to selected units in the "Preferences"
- And much more...
Feel free to contact me if you have problems or if you have ideas for new features or if you need a better support for your country.
***NOW INCLUDES THE AIRPORT FACILITY DIRECTORY. Access information about airports all over the US that the FAA publishes WITHOUT a data/internet connection. You can search the Airport Facility Directory by Airport Name, Airport ID, Airport City, or Navigation Point Name. You MUST have a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed to view airport information.***
***NOTE: This is the free version of Flight Gear. You will be able to use each feature 3 times before the app asks you to upgrade.***
- Attitude Indicator. Uses the internal gyroscope/accelerometer to calculate your aircraft's position relative to the ground.
- Heading Indicator. Uses the internal magnetometer to calculate compass heading.
- Photo-realistic graphics.
**NOTE: The simulated instruments in this app are NOT meant to be used as direct replacements of the instruments in your cockpit. They are simply there in the app for demonstration/featured purposes only.
- Weight and Balance Calculator (center of gravity). Save, edit, and delete multiple aircraft/registrations. Save your basic parameters (center of gravity limits, empty weight, empty moment, etc) to the onboard database to avoid having to re-enter them the next time you fly. Variable parameters such as weight and arm length can be edited for each calculation.
- ATC Playback. Connect your device to your radio stack to record conversations between ATC and you. You can then replay those conversations from the app at your own discretion.
- CG Off-Limits Warning System. The CG value automatically starts flashing against a bright red background to warn you when your aircraft is out of its CG limits. The gross weight is also calculated simultaneously and starts flashing when your aircraft is over its max takeoff weight.
- Wind Correction Angle Calculator
- Crosswind Calculator
- Pressure Converter
- Fuel timer. Simply enter your fuel capacity, current fuel amount and the rate of fuel burn and the app will start a countdown timer for how much flying time you have left. Also includes a 30min warning and "Fuel Empty" alert.
- Flight timer that runs in the background even if you close the app or turn off your device. Includes Zulu time.
- Central dashboard with attitude indicator, heading, fuel timer, and flight timer all on one screen.
- Distance converter (nautical miles, miles, kilometers).
- Volume converter (gallons and liters). Also converts volume of fuel (Jet A, Jet A-1, AVGAS 100LL) to weight (lbs and kgs) and vice-versa.
- Speed converter (knots, miles per hour, kilometers per hour).
- True Airspeed: Enter your indicated airspeed and current altitude to get the commonly used 2% estimate.
- Auto ATC Notepad (BETA). Press the record button when you receive a call from ATC and everything you read back to them will be transcribed onto your device. Note that the feature is is still in beta and the voice recognition system may not recognize all aviation terms. An update will be released periodically to improve accuracy as developments are made.
This app is NOT intended as a replacement to any in-flight instruments, controls, or general aviation tools. By using the app, you agree that you will use your best judgment in making decisions while flying. You also agree that you are solely responsible for any outcomes that arise from using this app and that you will not hold the developer responsible for any damages, injuries, or death.
***This app is not approved or endorsed by the Federal Aviation Administration.***
The Aircraft Cockpit app recreates the six main flight instruments (the six-pack) that you find in the majority of past and present airplanes: Speed Indicator, Attitude Indicator, Altimeter, Turn Coordinator, Heading Indicator and Vertical Speed Indicator.
This Aircraft Cockpit app is NOT certified or approved by the FAA or similar institution of your country. It is NOT intended nor suited for being a primary navigation aid. It is intended for educational and recreational purposes only. DO NOT rely on the accuracy of any of the instruments of this app. USE AT OWN RISK! See license agreement.
This demo version is intended to give you the chance to try the app before you buy it. It is fully functional but will only run for 2 minutes at a time.
For the proper functioning of the instruments, it is very important to mount your Android tablet or phone in landscape orientation and exactly upright and facing the direction of travel!
This app makes use of several of your phones internal sensors. It's functionality and quality depends on the existence and quality of these sensors. For optimal fuctionality the following sensors should be available:
- Magnetic Field (Compass)
- Air Pressure (Barometer)
For some of the instruments, alternative sensors can be selected (for example the Altimeter can derive the current altitude either from the GPS or from the air pressure).
Try this demo version first BEFORE buying the full app, to make sure your device has the necessary sensors.
Displays heading, roll, and pitch in real-time, using a gyroscope to stabilize the results of one is available.
Based on sample code shown in Professional Android 2 Application Development.
- Pressure Altitude
- Density Altitude
- Standard Atmosphere
- Cloud Base
- Plan True Airspeed
- Actual True Airspeed
- Required Rectified Airspeed
- Plan Mach Number
- Actual Mach Number
- Fuel Burn
- Fuel Rate
- True Heading (Variation and Deviation)
- Leg Time
- Distance Flown
- Unknown Wind
- Track/Ground Speed
Weight and Balance
Use of this application at your own risk. The pilot in command is solely responsible for assuring correct data and proper checking of the aircraft prior to flight.
Please report any bugs found in order to help with development of this application.