Purple VRI for Android transforms your tablet into a full-functioning, “mobile interpreter” to help in situations where interpreters are needed to relay communications for deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-impaired individuals and hearing individuals when they are in the same room.
After downloading, please call 800-618-2418 to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple.
- Easy-to-use and convenient; make VRI calls virtually anywhere, anyplace, anytime on a WiFi or cellular connection.
- Certified interpreters, clear audio and high-quality video make it like the interpreter is in the same room with you!
- Purple VRI is perfect for work, schools, meetings, doctor’s appointments, on-the-go and much, much more!
- Last minute requests made easy – on-demand technology allows you to access services at any time, 24/7, 365 days per year.
Creating a Purple VRI Account: After downloading the app, call 800-618-2418 to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple. This can only be done by calling the 800 number.
Currently Supported Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 or Motorola Xoom™
NOTE: This is NOT Purple VRS. For Purple VRS, please search for “Purple VRS” in the Android Market.
A handy application for deaf people, allowing a deaf person to write a note for a hearing person. This note will be displayed in large type and will be clearly visible on the device screen. This application allows a deaf person to talk with a hearing person, passing the phone to each other.
The application has a very useful feature for translating speech into text, which comes in handy in two cases:
1. When a deaf person and a hearing person pass each other the phone during a conversation, a hearing person presses the “Listen” button or the “Listen and Note” button. When he or she speaks, the app translates the speech into text, displaying the message on the device screen.
2. A deaf person can direct the phone or a connected external microphone toward a hearing person, press the “Listen” button and listen to what the hearing person says to the deaf person.
Also, a deaf person can pronounce the message using a synthesized speech feature (Speak and Note button), if a deaf person does not speak.
The use of a single device is not too convenient for the full conversation between a deaf and a hearing persons (as you need to be close to each other and pass the phone), that’s why we recommend to use two devices with «Deaf-Hearing Chat. Device-H» and «Deaf-Hearing Chat.Device-D» applications installed.
This is a trial version of "Note, Speak, Listen for Deaf". You can use up to 10 notes.
Experience the freedom of your world in touch. ntouch Mobile for Android from Sorenson Communications turns your smartphone into a VP that fits in your pocket. Ntouch Mobile helps you to connect every day, everywhere. It’s the next evolution of video relay.
Sorenson Communication’s touch Mobile for Android turns your Android phone into the ideal mobile communication tool for deaf or hard-of-hearing with full video relay support, 1-Line Voice Carry Over (VCO), Deaf SignMail®, built-in network detection, Firewall Traversal features, and much more. The ntouch app by Sorenson Communications:
• Includes our most popular videophone features
• Lets you import your Sorenson videophone contacts
• Works on 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
Apply for an ntouch Mobile account today to experience what’s next in VRS from Sorenson Communications. To apply and learn more, please visit www.svrs.com/ntouch
What’s new in version 3.5:
• Tablet UI
• Saved Share Text
• Stability Improvements