The United Kingdom Medical Student Association (UKMSA) presents our first app: Medics Handbook!
Completely free access to over 250 articles written by medical students and doctors, in partnership with Patient.co.uk.
Learn and revise for your medical exams and be prepared for ward rounds in any one of these specialties:
- Renal and Urology
- Beautiful and simple user-interface
- See your recently read articles
- Favourite articles
- Easily search for articles
- Share an article with your colleagues
- Zoom in on images and tables
- Submit feedback on articles
You must register for free which only takes 1 minute from the app. It will give you access to tons of useful resources!
UKMSA - Supporting Tomorrow's Doctors
Please email our app developer Omair Vaiyani (firstname.lastname@example.org) for technical help.
This app includes approximately 11574 medical terminologies (currently, English/Korean). It enables search any character/ words in both English and Korean, listing by alphabets, English medical terminology TTS(Text to Speech), and guiding to Wikipedia. It actually is very easy to use and fast enough as built-in DB. Its screen layout is optimised for tablets (eg, Nexus 7). In the future, popular medical terminology ranking or thesaurus and other foreign languages will be supported.
Enjoy your study and save time!
*** Compiled by doctors from Clinical Genetics, Pediatrics & Cardiology backgrounds
*** NEW*** Version 3.0
1. Conditions section completely revised and updated as of January 2014.
2. Diagrams added.
3. Links to PubMed review articles.
Genetics 4 Medics application is intended to facilitate the learning process as well as to refresh the knowledge which has already been acquired. We hope this will be useful to students and practicing clinicians alike.
*** NOTE: In the free version, the user will have access to 50 Genetic conditions, 50 Clues, 3 Chromosomes in the mapping section and the questions in the Gene Teaser section. To unlock all features, please upgrade to the full version by an in-app purchase.
*** The free version is ad supported
We have designed this app to be used as a mini eBook with five sections.
1. Genetic Conditions
In this section, we have described more than 200 genetic conditions. The objective was to help find information on conditions which are not so uncommon.
Each condition has the following headings:
• Background & Genetics: This includes a brief description of the genetic cause (gene mutation, chromosomal location etc) and inheritance pattern of the condition.
• Salient Features: This describes the salient clinical features of a condition. We have included only the clinical features commonly associated with the condition. We have NOT included rare associations.
• Links to external online resources: We have provided links to Wikipedia, Google Images and YouTube for majority of conditions. NOTE: The material in these external websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible its content. Access to these websites will need an active internet connection either via WiFi or internet data plan.
In this section, we have mapped a condition to its chromosomal locus. We have mainly included conditions caused by single gene defect. Clicking on the titles will open up the description page.
Note: The chromosome diagrams are only pictorial representations to facilitate visual learning and memory. They do not represent exact G banding pattern and are not drawn to scale.
We have included about 150 clinical features which are clues to some of the conditions described in this application. Some clinical features may be shared by different conditions. Clicking on a feature provides links to these conditions. However, as we have only used data from the ‘Salient features’ section, this is not an exhaustive list. Please refer to standard genetic textbooks for a complete list of conditions associated with a particular clinical symptom or sign.
4. Gene Teasers
Food for your genes! Try out these questions in your spare time. We plan to update this section regularly with a new question. A notification will be sent whenever this section is updated with a new question. The title of the case scenario will automatically be updated in this section. The user will be able to download the case by selecting the download icon next to the title. NOTE: An active internet connection will be needed for the regular updates as well as to download the cases.
In this section, we have described some basic genetic concepts and genetic investigations using simple terminology.
Genetics 4 Medics application should only be used for educational purposes and NOT as a diagnostic tool. For help with diagnosing a genetic condition, please take advice from an experienced Clinical Geneticist.
Full Terms & Conditions available on downloading the app. Users must agree to these Terms & Conditions prior to use.
Please contact us for support or feedback - email@example.com
Com ele você tem acesso ao seguinte conteúdo:
- Manual Merck para Saúde da Família: um extenso glossário médico, trazendo informações sobre doenças, para você tirar dúvidas ou se aprofundar em um determinado tema, a qualquer hora e em qualquer lugar (requer conexão com a Internet);
- Rede Credenciada: para facilitar indicações ou encaminhamentos dos seus pacientes durante as consultas, você terá acesso à busca por endereços de credenciados, como médicos, clínicas, hospitais e laboratórios;
- Bulas de medicamentos: consulte as bulas de todos os fármacos aprovados e disponíveis no site da ANVISA (requer conexão com a Internet). A lista de medicamentos é extensa mas não contém todos os medicamentos possíveis. Apenas os que constam no site da ANVISA;
- Código Internacional de Doenças (CID): esta é uma importante informação a ser preenchida nos documentos utilizados na relação médico credenciado x operadoras/cooperativas de saúde;
- Rol de Procedimentos da ANS: faça consultas por procedimentos ou identifique as categorias de planos e suas respectivas coberturas, considerando as determinações do Rol da ANS;
- Relatórios: credenciados poderão ainda visualizar seus últimos extratos de pagamento e a lista de Redes que estão autorizados a atender;
- Contato: acesse os telefones dos núcleos de atendimento Amil.
More from developer
Add a drug amount in mg, mcg, grams or units to a volume of fluid, select the dose ordered, and voila! The ml/hour necessary to deliver that dose is displayed. All parameters MUST be verified prior to infusion! However, if you accidentally enter an incorrect parameter, you may back-screen to correct it without having to re-enter each piece of data.
This program will NOT save preferences.
Also, drug manufacturers and distributors sometimes change their concentrations, therefore this program will NOT let you simply enter "Amiodarone" and perform all the calculations for you.
This is BetterWare (for lack of a better term) - if you think of any way to make it better, please share it with me so I can share it back with everyone.
This program is intended to provide a quick reference to the drugs and dosages required to perform a Rapid Sequence Intubation (RSI). It does NOT take the place of formal classes which teach this skill - you won't learn RSI from scratch by using this app.
This app is designed to be stepped through rapidly - patient class (Adult, Pediatric, or Geriatric); patient weight in pounds or kgs, or Broselow tape if pediatric; finally, patient health considerations - does this patient have an intracranial bleed? Is this patient hypotensive?
Should hyperkalemia be suspected? - finally, here are your drugs and dosages.
Any preassessment should be performed prior to attempting an intubation (LEMONS, BONES, Mallampati scoring, etc.)
Tap Menu -> Help for further information, and remember always to stick to your protocols.
This is Betterware; if you can think of any way to make it better, please drop me a suggestion at DTsEMT@gmail.com, and Thanks!
Comments and suggestions made to the Play store are not automatically forwarded to the developers! Please send any suggestions for improvement to DTsEMT@gmail.com, and Thanks!
Tap the upper portion of the screen each time a drop falls into the chamber. Don't need many - after three or five drops, tap the drip set (10, 15, 20, or 60gtts/ml) and your drip rate is displayed.
This also works for heartbeats and is useful for neonate heart rates, or to count breathing.
Absolutely free, and ad-free.
This app is for the budding EMT-B. It places you in the position of the Rampart docs. Your EMT-B is calling from the scene and asking for instruction.
Your EMT can be ordered to:
Confirm scene safety;
Assess the patient (area-by-area);
Take vital signs (BP, pulse, etc.);
Check blood sugar;
insert OPAs or NPAs as needed;
Use an AED;
Ventilate with BVM;
Immobilize extremities (splint) or patient (backboard);
Assist the patient with Nitro, Epi-pen, or MDI;
Administer oral glucose;
Administer activated charcoal;
Transport the patient
This app works best with a natural text-to-speech voice such as IVONA or SVOX. It can be run through speakerphone or in a privacy mode. It includes an in-app scenario editor to modify existing scenarios or add new scenarios. At the end of the scenario an optional Debrief Mode provides feedback on how well you handled the scene and patient. Full help available in the menu. Keywords: Students, BLS, Practice, Training, EMT, EMT-B
Here's a simple little program that allows you to specify oxygen cylinder size, tank pressure, and flow rate to calculate how long the tank will last. There's a "set alarm" button which allows you to exit the application and do other things, then receive a reminder.
Quick Pick option for nasal cannula, face mask, and non-rebreather, or override with your own LPM specification. Also allows you to enter vent settings including tidal volume and FiO2%.
Full explanation, including formulas and limitations, in the program help (Menu -> Help).
Completely free, and ad-free.