Create and organize geographical locations you want to map, return to later or share with friends and co-workers using Map It!
* Save a location based on your current location or by placing a marker on a map.
* Add a location name, description, address and virtual fence perimeter.
* Choose to make a location share-able so you can share it via SMS, email or many popular social sites.
* Automatically add a new location when receiving an SMS message from another Map It! user.
* Categorize locations based on your own custom categories.
* View a map of all your saved locations or filter by category.
* Navigate to a saved location and receive a notification when you cross the virtual fence boundary.
* Backup and restore your data when needed.
Save a location you intend to return to for any reason.
Navigate to a location you have saved or someone has sent to you.
Share a location when you want to let others where you are.
Share any of the other locations you have saved.
Import Places other users of Map It! sent to you via SMS.
Emergency - Let others know when you are lost or need help.
Rural Locations - Easily navigate to a location where there are few or no roads but mobile Internet is available. Share rural locations with others when they need help getting there. (Very helpful when part of your service territory is transferred to a co-worker unfamiliar with your territory.)
Camping / Hiking / Biking - Save camp, trail-head and starting positions so you will be able to return in the event you get lost or just want to take another route back.
Birding - Mark locations of your bird sightings or favorite birding areas.
Photography - Save locations to return to when lighting or seasonal conditions matter.
City / Travel - Navigate your way back to a parked vehicle (especially when visiting in an unfamiliar area). Save a place or business location you want to return to or share with friends. Share a location when you want friends to join you or suggest a meet-up location.
I am sure there are many more activities where you find Map It! a handy tool for you so let me know about it! <}:-)
The Map It! application currently does not capture or track information about the application's users. The application does make use of display advertising. Such advertising may include keeping track of your interests and could affect the types of advertising displayed according to your personal privacy settings. Such tracking information is maintained by Google and we do not have access to their data.