Florence is not just a backdrop but a protagonist of Dan Brown’s latest book, Inferno. If you’re visiting Florence or just wish you were, this app will help you picture and understand the places in which scenes of Inferno are set. Get started with the map or the list of places and begin your exploration of Florence!
For each place in Florence mentioned in the book we’ve gone out and taken an original photo, contextualized it within Dan Brown’s story and described with it historically accurate information.
- Map of Florence with Inferno locations
- GPS to locate your position on the map of the city
- 31 listening points, lasting almost 1 hour
- Original photos to help you picture it
- Quote from book where location is mentioned
- Extra historical information about each location
- Nearby visitor tips
This app is written by the editors of The Florentine, a local newspaper cited in Inferno. Long-term residents of the city, the team counts friendly experts in literature and art history who look forward to being your virtual guides to Dan Brown’s Florence.
This is the ONLY app to date that provides original, fact-checked content written by mother-tongue English speakers.
You will find Inferno Florence Guide to be a useful supplement to the book!