Recent auroral activity and forecast data is provided by NOAA POES and Geophysical Institute at UAF.
- Recent Auroral Activity from NOAA POES
- Aurora Forecast from Geophysical Institute
- Push Notification Alerts
- Supporting graphs
- Stunning new layout
Aurora Forecast works with Android running version 2.1 or later and all iOS running version 4.0 software or later.
[What people are saying]
"I really like this app. We live in Alaska and love it. We saw the aurora last night and it was beautiful. Thanks for creating duh a great app!!."
"Luckily we saw a tremendous Aurora display last night in Sweden, where we learned of your App."
" For me it is one of my most useful and handy apps I have."
"All I was waiting for is push notification alerts!! Thank you."
"Great app! ★★★★★ I'm glad I've found this app!"
"Tonight’s northern lights were incredible, thanks to solar explosions"
"I just love it!!!!!
- Please visit us and share your photo and feedbacks.
Web : www.tinacinc.com/AuroraForecast
Twitter : @AuroraForecast
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/AuroraFcst
Email : email@example.com
Then this App is your trusted friend!
It simply makes you aware if it could be possible to see the greatest nature show.
The service is still in beta.
Stay warm outside people and bring with you some hot chocolate mug!
UPDATING BUG IS NOW FIXED.
This app gives you updates and alerts for the short-term Aurora Borealis (and Aurora Australis) forecast from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Geophysical Institute. Great for knowing when to get outside to see the northern lights.
You can also view the most recent satellite data for both the North and South poles, as well as the most recent short term predictions on a map for 5 areas:
(Do a long press on the image to select.)
Ideas and requests for features which you would like to see in the app should be either emailed to me, or left in the comments. Thanks!
This Android application has been developed with the help and support from the original AuroraWatch UK application on the iPhone, please see https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/aurorawatch-uk/id946141347?mt=8 for more information.
AuroraWatch UK is a free service run by Lancaster University, indicating the likelihood of an auroral sighting from within the UK.
This AuroraWatch UK Android app, developed in association with AuroraWatch UK, allows you to have this data at your fingertips on your phone, alerts as in on the iPhone sent directly to your phone.
Monitor the UK's geomagnetic activity in real-time.
Aurora notifications (Yellow, Amber, and Red)
See how likely an auroral sighting is.
View last 24 hours data and plot's.
The app is available on phones and tablets
A page of useful links
Report any sightings.
Install this package, then restart AuroraNotifier. There should then be a "+" after the app name and your location should be marked with a red dot on the globe.
- REALTIME solar flare, geomagnetic storm, and aurora alerts!
- 3D ultraviolet sun maps, including REALTIME channel!
- 3D Earth map showing aurora, clouds and sunlight!
Be ready for space weather storms with Solaris Alpha, featuring realtime 3D views of Sun and Earth. Receive automatic solar flare, geomagnetic storm, and aurora alerts on your phone!
Solaris Alpha's 3D Sun view displays the latest xray flares and sunspots on our home star, at four extreme ultraviolet wavelengths. Effortlessly move around the Sun and zoom into interesting regions with a touch of your finger! (NOTE: The STEREO spacecraft antenna is experiencing overheating problems, and only the realtime channel is currently available. NASA expects full data restoration in early 2016)
But there's more - this app also features a realtime 3D view of Earth's aurora, cloud-cover, and sunlight. Watch northern and southern lights, storms, and sunshine move across our planet - all in the palm of your hand!
The application uses data from NASA STEREO, SDO, and ACE spacecraft - downloaded from outer space to your phone. Solaris Alpha alerts you with a ringtone when new solar flares are detected, geomagnetic storm level increases, interplanetary magnetic field turns south, or when the aurora may be visible from your phone's location. If you are interested in solar astronomy and space weather, you need this app!
Please email me with suggested new features - many thanks to all of those who have already helped me improve Solaris Alpha!
The app's storm/aurora/flare detector automatically starts when your phone boots, and you will receive alerts whether or not SolarisAlpha is running (uncheck "Start detector at boot" from Solaris' "Settings" menu to disable auto-start on boot). PLEASE NOTE: Android does NOT support start-on-boot of apps stored on the SD card, so you must install SolarisAlpha on your phone to enable this feature.
Download the free Solaris Widget, which displays key data from www.spaceweather.com. Touching the widget automatically opens Solaris Alpha.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS - please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a problem description rather than leaving a brief complaint in the market. Brief market comments usually do not provide enough detail to fix bugs, and I have no way of contacting you for more information unless I have your email address! Thanks!
Copyright 2015, Earth and Sky Productions. All rights reserved
Get notifications about increases in geomagnetic activity - triggered when the AuroraWatch status level changes; this indicates the relative likelihood of viewing an aurora in the UK.
See the current alert status.
Read last 24 hours recent history.
Report aurora sightings (requires logon).
Forecast model from SWPC.
AuroraWatch UK is in Beta - please email email@example.com with any issues.
The app does not alert historically. If your phone is off or out of range when the status goes up but the level goes back down before the next data update you will receive no notification.
The AuroraWatch UK (Android) app is developed and maintained by Smallbouldering Projects, it is not an 'Official' app.
AuroraWatch UK alerts data is provided by Lancaster University, UK using data from the SAMNET and/or AuroraWatchNet magnetometer networks: Read more about this here:
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
Geomagnetic solar activity has a significant impact on human well-being (exacerbation of disease, malaise, headache, etc.) as well as some technical devices (GPS satellites etc.).
Data source: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Solar Geomagnetic Activity transcription:
K < 4 - Quiet (Green Sun Icon)
K = 4 - Raised (Yellow Sun Icon)
K > 4 - Storm (Red Sun Icon)
Click on widget to see activity graph image.
- Storm begin notification
- Sharing image of a solar activity chart
More info: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index
This provides a service offering a short range forecast for the visible Aurora Borealis over the UK. There is also a page which offers data supplied by "www.hamqsl.com" and forecast maps from NOAA.
This App is aimed at photographers and people wishing to view the Northern Lights in the UK on the occasions that conditions are optimal.
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weather archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive.
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT?
Geomagnetic storms adversely affect the health of humans.
They can cause aches, dizziness, rapid heart rate, and abnormal blood pressure.
People with abnormal conditions of the blood and of the cardiovascular and autonomic nervous systems are particularly susceptible to the influence of geomagnetic storms.
The degree of magnetic storms’ influence on a particular person depends on many factors, including health status, stress, physical and emotional fatigue, natural predisposition.
Not only can geomagnetic storms have a negative impact on humans, but also on communications, navigation, and power.
By taking into account the forecast of geomagnetic storms, you can plan difficult decisions, avoid high physical stress, and protect yourself from negative consequences.
Our application will help you with this.
ABOUT THE NATURE OF THE GEOMAGNETIC STORMS
The Earth's geomagnetic field changes occur under the influence of the Sun. The intensity of the impact is not constant and depends on the ongoing processes on the solar surface.
The strength of geomatic field disturbances is characterized by the value of Kp index. The Kp index can be assigned values from 0 to 9, where 0 is the absence of disturbances and 9 represents extremely strong perturbations of the earth´s geomagnetic field.
Disturbances with a Kp index of 5 and above are called storms.
The number of geomagnetic storms per year can reach 50!
Available in Apple App Store
IN COMING UPDATES OF THE APPLICATION EXPECT
The ability to view history;
* The app uses data of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.