True Bearing is a simple app that displays orientation and distance from your current location to some point-of-interest (a runway, a dive spot, a geocache, the 9th green, etc) using Google maps and your mobile device's GPS & internal compass. A point-of-interest (POI) can be selected using the map, entered using latitude and longitude, set from your current location, or recalled from memory.
Possible uses include: aviation, diving, golf, hunting, and geocaching. Set a POI from your current location when you park and use True Bearing to find you car later.
• Tracks your current location and the current true heading of your android device
• Select a point-of-interest (POI) using Google maps, by entering latitude and longitude explicitly, or from your current location
• Allows one to save a recall POIs
• Displays in street mode or satellite view mode
• Displays distance in: feet, yards, meters, kilometers, miles, or nautical miles
Release notes for v0.8.1
- Fixed a problem with display on some devices
Release notes for v0.8.0
- Converted to GoogleMaps v2.0 API
- Improved Text scaling for High Resolution devices
- Small UI changes to conform to modern android GUI practices
- Fix bugs with auto-scaling
- Re-Implemented compass accuracy depiction