- Live earthquake information from all around the world.
- Free earthquake alerts customized for you, with no restrictions.
- Powerful search feature to find earthquakes dating back to 1970!
- Beautiful & simple design, view earthquakes on a map and in a list.
- Find the exact location of the earthquake, the depth and the distance away from you.
If you need information or notifications about the latest earthquakes near to you, download My Earthquake Alerts today. It is similar to apps such as Earthquake by American Red Cross or Earthquake Alert!
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
It uses push notifications to alert you when an earthquake occurs that match any predefined filters.
Create as many filters as you want to monitor earthquakes all over the world. Create a filter for smaller earthquakes near your location, or one to filter very large quakes worldwide, or create a custom location and radius - it's up to you!
Push notifications use Google's GCM technology and therefore require Android 2.2.
Again, this is a companion app for Earthquake Alert!. Once you have both installed they work together seamlessly.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after an earthquake, even if no data connectivity.
•Get notified when an earthquake occurs; see the intensity impact to your area or those of loved-ones with notifications generated by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
•Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your earthquake knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area.
•Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you earthquake alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
LastQuake is the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC) official earthquakes app. This app is designed by seismologists for the general public, earthquake witnesses and the scientific community.
There are only about 1000 earthquakes of interest to the public each year but this is a tiny fraction of the total, 97% of the earthquakes around the world are detected only by instruments. Using direct access to the results of the EMSC seismic rapid detection tools, LastQuake presents primarily these significant earthquakes.
** WHAT IS THE EMSC? **
The EMSC is a non-profit scientific organization created in 1975 which federates 84 seismological institutes from 55 different countries. It offers rapid earthquake information to the public and international organizations.
The EMSC aims to reach the eyewitnesses and encourage them to fill in their earthquake questionnaire and send in relevant photos. These are added to publicly shared data about each event and help to assess earthquakes’ impacts.
** MAIN FEATURES **
* Real time data
* “Significant” earthquakes list (earthquakes known to be felt as detected by the EMSC seismic rapid detection tools)
* “Near Me” earthquakes list (customizable)
* “All” earthquakes list (full list of the earthquakes around the world published by EMSC)
* PTWC Tsunami Info and Tsunami Watch displayed in the lists when applicable (by tsunami icon)
* Colors allow seeing at a glance the effects of an earthquake (8 levels including 2 for tsunamigenic earthquakes)
* Customizable date formats (UTC, time at the epicenter or time in your device)
* Customizable push notifications (destructive earthquakes, “around me” earthquakes)
* Details about each earthquake: depth, localization, main closest cities, population
* Social media sharing via all the social apps installed in your device
* See comments and pictures by witnesses
* EMSC map, street map, aerial map for each earthquake (zoom in/zoom out)
* Map of the seismicity in the region for each earthquake (data from the exclusive EMSC database)
* Global map of the earthquakes around the world
*===> FOR PEOPLE EXPERIENCING AN EARTHQUAKE <===
-- Fill in the rapid questionnaire to help seismologists: instant assessment of the earthquake by clicking an illustration
-- Your comment and/or picture published at the same time on the EMSC website and in your Twitter / Facebook
* No ads!
* LastQuake supports two languages: English and French
EMSC is a NGO. If you wish to support our organization, you will able to buy the paid version of the app available soon in this store. If you can help to translate this app in the following languages, please contact us:
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
Here we are trying to reflect those reports in form of Android App with following features:-
✔ Recent Earthquake data from USGS / National Seismological Centre
✔ Get notified whenever earthquake happens at Nepal of magnitude greater than 4
✔ List of Past earthquakes occurred in Nepal since 1994
✔ Probability of most risky areas for a Mw 6.5+ earthquake for current month
✔ 7 Days, Magnitude 4.0+ Worldwide from USGS
✔ Take screenshot of the current screen and share it to your friends
✔ Stats on the damages brought by earthquake
✔ Get updated with news
✔ Gallery of Earthquake damages, relief works etc.
✔ Videos related to earthquake in Nepal
✔ Emergency contact addresses of Nepal Police and Hospitals
✔ Tips for being safe from Earthquakes
✔ Donate information for PM Relief fund, Nepal
✔ Access data offline
Disclaimer : The content of this app are powered by different sources:-
- Earthquake activities data are taken from National Seismological Centre,Nepal (http://seismonepal.gov.np)
- Stats on damages are taken from Nepal Disaster Risk Reduction Portal (http://drrportal.gov.np).
- Probability of most risky areas for a Mw 6.5+ earthquake is being taken from world-earthquakes.com.
- 7 Days, Magnitude 4.0+ Worldwide from USGS
- Videos of earthquake related activities are powered by youtube. We do not upload any videos. Contact the uploader if any issues.
- Photos are collected from different sources, as mentioned in the photo caption in app
App notifications can be turned off manually via Settings panel in the app. Earthquake Nepal assumes no liability for any harm caused by use of this application.
Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.
Data Source: Department of Mines and Geology
Developed For: Department of Mines and Geology
Logo and UI design By: Suresh Prasad Shrestha (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Developed By: Manohar Shrestha in association with Upveda Technology
Contact Developers: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 17 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
- Earthquake data source
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
- See latest earthquakes around the World.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Push alerts of earthquakes straight to your phone.
- View quakes on Google Map,Support detailed information display.
- Filter what you see (magnitude/region/depth)
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- Epicentml distance (need to open GPS /support set the coordinates Manually)
- Support Historical data.
- Support collection quakes, can export the data.
- View details on source site
Welcome to contact us feedback problem and suggestions!
- Email email@example.com
- Twitter twitter.com/earthquakesApp
★ Earthquake magnitude, depth and age
★ Tectonic plates
★ Earthquake ticker showing strongest earthquakes
★ Tap quake label for more info and sharing
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom. Tap a label to see depth and time in ticker.
View earthquakes from last hour, day, 7 days or 30 days.
Data is from USGS.
NOTE: If the "time ago" is wrong for you - then check your phone time AND timezone in your phone settings.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
Near real time seismic events notification.
Analyze seismic activity by plotting on the graph various seismic data spanning from hours to days, month and years.
Custom proximity and magnitude alerts so you never miss an important event.
Push notification with custom filter to receive only events that meet your criteria.
Voice announcer will speak event parameters so you don't have to read each time an earthquake take place.
And more.. Discover for yourself.
notice: The technology used by this app offers the possibility to sent earthquake notifications as soon as they are issued by data centers. Sometime data is delayed due to processing time on those data centers.
Note: there is a free version of this app. You should try that one first to see how you like it.
* This is a companion application to Earthquake Alert! *
** NOTE: this is *not* a real time system. Data comes from USGS and they post earthquakes online many minutes after the event so there will be delays of 5-20 minutes usually.
* Please email me for issues. I cannot respond to comments or feedback on the app itself.
Try creating a custom location filter vs. the "near me" filter - that one relies on your phone's location and isn't always up to date when the quake comes in.
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
Oz Quake is an earthquake monitoring app which displays the latest earthquakes reported over last 7 days by multiple international agencies.
# List of recent earthquakes with time, magnitude, distance to epicenter and depth.
# Earthquake details and additional info.
# A map with all earthquakes.
# Optionally can display most active volcanoes and volcanoes active this week.
# Optionally can display tectonic plates boundaries.
# Standard, satellite or hybrid map.
# Change measurement units.
# Multiple data sources:
- US Geological Survey (USGS),
- European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC),
- GeoScience Australia,
- GeoNet (NZ),
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam (GFZ),
- Natural Resources Canada (NRC),
- British Geological Survey (BGS).
Stay tuned - more features are coming!