This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
more on http://greader.co
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* If you still get ads: Clear the cache of the market and check the license in gReader again (Menu->More->Check License)
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://greader.co/faq
* You want to suggest new features or report issues, use the Feedback button.
* Localization If you are interested in translating gReader to other languages, visit http://crowdin.net/project/greader/
* Beta: http://greader.co/beta
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Google Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading with full article content without internet connection.
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support (streaming)
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Search feature: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* Recommended items / sources
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
You tailor feedly to your tastes by creating a collection of the sites you love to read - blogs, magazines, journals, and more.
Feedly is an RSS news reader re-imagined for android phones and tablets. It makes browsing faster and more fun: the content of your rss feeds, news sites and blogs are transformed into pocket-sized cards which load very fast and are easy to browse.
The feedly UI is custom tailored for a 4" phone, a 7" tablet and a 10" tablet. If you run feedly on a tablet, you will get an experience which is very close to a personalized magazine: a really fun way to track and read your favorite blogs.
When you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.
Feedly makes sharing content on twitter, facebook and google+ very simple, either directly or using Buffer. Feedly also integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
Please note that this widget has been revived thanks to rori@xda. You can download the latest version at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2675155
Source code is available on code.google.com under a GPL license so anyone is allowed to fork it, granted the GPL license terms are respected.
Full history available at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848454
Highly customizable, can operate offline and requires minimum amount of privileges.
★ Highlights ★
✔ 4 attractive customizable widgets (include 2 scrollable widgets and 2 widgets for lock screen)
✔ 4 different styles for each widget and application UI
✔ 10 levels of opacity for widgets
✔ Can operate offline (all news from all sources can be loaded for later reading, news from any source is supported not just from predefined sources)
✔ Search and subscribe on any feed in Google News
✔ Custom RSS/ATOM-feeds
✔ Weather forecast for many cities at one page (configurable)
✔ News for all countries
✔ You can read any news in text version
This app uses Google News RSS as main news source.
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
- automated feed updates
- simplified URL entering
- widget (n/a on apps2sd by android restrictions)
- adjustable notifications
- NO ads
- NO search for feeds
- OPML support
- proxy support
- feed sort
- automated backups to sd card (unencrypted)
Non working feeds and bugreports via email please.
Note : since Google service ends (July 1rst), Pure news widget will sync with Feedly service.
This is a scrollable widget which REQUIRE Android 3.x/4.x device or ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, LiveHome, Go Launcher Ex. If you don't use a Launcher supporting scrollable widgets, it won't work.
- Use phone credentials to login to Google Reader. No password (for Android > 2.0).
- Connected to Google reader to retrieve your prefered news, or get your feeds from your own RSS feed list in text format (OPML)
- Scrollable widget with most alternative launchers like ADW, LiveHome, Go Launcher, LauncherPro or Android 3.x/4.x
- Click on a news title to open the full story in the browser or in internal viewer (works in offline mode too !)
- Show news thumbnails
- Multiples skins (including fully transparent) and widgets sizes to make a fancy widget
- Lot of options to customize rendering
- Can use Google Mobilizer to reduce used bandwidth when reading full article
- Support Google Reader mark as read
- Optional local cache of articles
- Can restrict sync to Wifi connection
- Support multi-widget with as many feeds as you want
- Support Android up to 4.4 (ICS / KitKAt ...)
A problem ? Please, mail me for support.
+++ scrollable widget, news widget, RSS widget, widgets, xoom, honeycomb +++
The preferences screen would be written in English if you don't choose Japanese language on Android.
Kagura RSS is an RSS Reader for Live Wallpaper.
It has 5 ways to display news.
List: Displays scrolling text right to left.
Ribbon: Displays scrolling text right to left, top to bottom, and any directions.
Ring: Displays text on circle likes a ring
Star Wars: Likes the opening crawl Star Wars.
Warp: Diving in the sea of information.
Kagura RSS (Free) Limits you List and Ribbon, accepts only one RSS feed.
Kagura RSS (Paid) Gives you all display styles and RSS feeds as many as you want.
Kagura RSS (Free)
Kagura RSS (Paid)
Sync your feeds once and read even when offline. Thoughtfully designed to deliver the best reading experience. Widgets let you get the latest news right on your homescreen. And it's optimized for tablet reading.
Supports Feedly, Feedbin, Bazqux, FeedHQ, and now InoReader and The Old Reader.
The press says
"What sets Amber apart from the pack is beauty and functionality."
"One of the most beautiful new apps of 2014."
fullscreen reading mode
light + dark themes
mark as read on scroll
three fully customizable widgets
offline reading and image caching
flawlessly smooth scrolling
font options, sizes, and settings
expandable news notifications in the status bar (4.2+)
save and share articles with one tap
search for new feeds
in-app image galleries
article navigation while reading
swipe to mark articles as read
Report a bug or tell us how much you love us. Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @reindeercrafts.
Highy Configurable Google Reader / RSS / ATOM - News Reader App Widget for your homescreen
Please manually refresh widgets that stay empty after update for instant results - or try the new features
If something doesn't work, please report over www.atomarss.de und don't give bad ratings - I can give no direct feedback or advice. Thanks.
** Make sure you have enabled scrollable widgets in your Launcher - or use Android > 3.0 **
* Honeycomb Compatibility
* Ice Cream Sandwich Compatibility
* Google reader by OAuth (doesn't asks for passwort, uses phone credentials)
** restrict Google Reader feeds to selected folders
* still supports Google Reader by username and passwort
* Google News Search
* Supports displaying stocks with different modes (portfolio mode!)
* Supports Feedzilla category browsing and subscription
* Highly configurable outfit
** Resizable widgets (1x1 is there for arbitrary sized widgets in Android >= 3.0)
** Offers a space efficent pure layout (invisible buttons, not header, no footer)
** Offers different widget-background
** Offers different news-entrylayouts (different imagepositions, different entry-backgrounds)
** Change text-sizes, text-colors
** Change how feeds colors are shown (also transparent is supported)
* Backup ands restore your widget-configurations
* supports multiple widgets
* Sharing of news over Android sharing features
* Jump to your system browser from within browser
* Switch through all news within browser
* Categorize feeds
** Offers fast switching between categories in extended widget (shows up to 5 categories to switch to)
* Mark news as read (also synchronizes back to Google Reader)
* Show only unread news
** no guaranty is taken for correctness or completeness of shown information
** please commit bugs and problems
** Advice: not every feed offers images. If you think the feed contains images, that are not shown, please tell me the feed-url, so I can fix it.
** Advice 2: if no news are shown, probably the used launchers doesn't support scrollable widgets. Please try LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher, Zeamlauncher or such, activate scrollable support und try again. Thanks! - In Android >3.0 the original launcher should work.
** Security: it's a feature that your passwort isn't backed up for Google Reader (username/password)-Feeds! - It's recommended to use the new Google Reader authentification anyway
::: scrollable news widget, scrollable widget, news widget, Google Reader widget, Google News widget, RSS widget, ATOM widget, stocks widget, Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, ICS :::
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer
- Themes: light, dark and night
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Q:How to see one feed only, not whole category?
A:Click arrow icon, it will show all feeds.
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
Choose from 50+ sources (BBC, CNN, Gizmodo, Google News, Engadget, Androinica, ...) or just pick any other feed.
Almost 0% battery usage. 3 widget sizes. Super simple config. Works offline. Share.
Open as an application too!
v4.1: Manual feeds are saved