This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
A very simple, clean and easy-to-use widget to present RSS feeds on your home and/or lock screen. It does what it's meant to do, taking up minimal fraction of your phone's memory.
Millions of people use feedly every day on their Android phones and tablets to connect to the blogs and news sites that matter to them. From tech to business to design to cooking to fashion, feedly helps you discover new Youtube channels, blogs or news sites you can add to your feedly and easily read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed to your feedly and easily read the content of your favorite feeds on the go. Just enter the URL of a feed in the search bar.
Feedly integrates seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest and LinkedIn so that you can easily share the stories you read in your feedly with your friends and colleagues.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure that feedly is the best reader available on Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offer a simple and clean reading experience which will make your eyes happy.
The best way to start is to search of a blog and youtube channel you read regularly and add it to your feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics and discover the best blogs for tech, business, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, cooking, photography and more.
Your mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
[We are firstname.lastname@example.org and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]
Please note that this widget has been revived thanks to rori@xda. You can download the latest version at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2675155
Source code is available on code.google.com under a GPL license so anyone is allowed to fork it, granted the GPL license terms are respected.
Full history available at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848454
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email. More on http://noinnion.com/greader.
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://noinnion.com/greader/support
* Beta: http://noinnion.com/greader/updates
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.reader
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization: Always have the latest news on your device
* Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
* Podcast support: Download or stream your favorite podcast with gReader.
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Green, Sepia, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Mark read on scroll: Mark articles as read while scrolling
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech): Listen to your news
* Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Folders / Tags support: Organize your feeds into folders/tags
* Notification: Keep informed of the latest news
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* List view: List, Grid or Card
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* The Old Reader
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
Featuring a modern material design, this application will help you reading news and articles from your favorite topics.
Did you take a look at the screenshots? You will understand how much love we put in Palabre in order to provide a clean, beautiful and easy to use news application.
- RSS support
- Feedly support with full synchronisation of articles
- Material design with delightful animations
- Beautiful Magazine or List user interface
- Readability support
- Built-in browser or use your own browser to read articles
- Manage your sources, their categories
- Browse the most popular articles (Feedly only)
- Search within articles
- Mark as read (manual, automatic on scroll)
- Change reading order (oldest/newest first)
- Dark theme
- Save articles for reading later
- Share articles
- Android wear support
More features are coming! You can submit features request here: http://feedback.levelupstudio.com/forums/281266-palabre/filters/top
Highy Configurable Google Reader / RSS / ATOM - News Reader App Widget for your homescreen
Please manually refresh widgets that stay empty after update for instant results - or try the new features
If something doesn't work, please report over www.atomarss.de und don't give bad ratings - I can give no direct feedback or advice. Thanks.
** Make sure you have enabled scrollable widgets in your Launcher - or use Android > 3.0 **
* Honeycomb Compatibility
* Ice Cream Sandwich Compatibility
* Google reader by OAuth (doesn't asks for passwort, uses phone credentials)
** restrict Google Reader feeds to selected folders
* still supports Google Reader by username and passwort
* Google News Search
* Supports displaying stocks with different modes (portfolio mode!)
* Supports Feedzilla category browsing and subscription
* Highly configurable outfit
** Resizable widgets (1x1 is there for arbitrary sized widgets in Android >= 3.0)
** Offers a space efficent pure layout (invisible buttons, not header, no footer)
** Offers different widget-background
** Offers different news-entrylayouts (different imagepositions, different entry-backgrounds)
** Change text-sizes, text-colors
** Change how feeds colors are shown (also transparent is supported)
* Backup ands restore your widget-configurations
* supports multiple widgets
* Sharing of news over Android sharing features
* Jump to your system browser from within browser
* Switch through all news within browser
* Categorize feeds
** Offers fast switching between categories in extended widget (shows up to 5 categories to switch to)
* Mark news as read (also synchronizes back to Google Reader)
* Show only unread news
** no guaranty is taken for correctness or completeness of shown information
** please commit bugs and problems
** Advice: not every feed offers images. If you think the feed contains images, that are not shown, please tell me the feed-url, so I can fix it.
** Advice 2: if no news are shown, probably the used launchers doesn't support scrollable widgets. Please try LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher, Zeamlauncher or such, activate scrollable support und try again. Thanks! - In Android >3.0 the original launcher should work.
** Security: it's a feature that your passwort isn't backed up for Google Reader (username/password)-Feeds! - It's recommended to use the new Google Reader authentification anyway
::: scrollable news widget, scrollable widget, news widget, Google Reader widget, Google News widget, RSS widget, ATOM widget, stocks widget, Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, ICS ::
- Import/export feeds (OPML)
- Cache images for offline reading
- Automatic or scheduled synchronization (optional)
- Offline reading with pictures and full text
- Small 1x1 widget with unread news counter
- 4x3 resizable widget (available only in Pro version)
- Swipe left/right to view previous/next articles
- Scrolling news with volume keys (optional)
- Show notifications (sound, light, vibration)
- Share news
- Light or dark theme
- Full-screen mode for articles
- Auto clear old news
If you like this app and can help me with localization, please contact me.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- One-click save to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper and Readability.
- No AD.
- Offline reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support swipe left and right in article list page
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
Inoreader also keeps track of which items you've read, so you only see the unread items when you come back.
Plus Inoreader keeps the full history of your subscriptions, so you can search in them at any time.
With Ynet Widget you get live reports from ynet.co.il on your home or lock screen.
1 - Select multiple sections.
2 - Multilanguage support! (English and Hebrew)
3 - SIzable widgets (Android 3+)
4 - Lockscreen supported (Android 3+)
- Preloaded with relevant feeds
- Easy to set-up and manage feeds
- Organize Feeds by Categories
- Lots of Options
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client