The Pit Pal enables more consistent BBQ through the use of historical tracking of cooks and results taking into account common BBQ variables such as the temperature and duration of the cook, or the sauce/rub combination, or even the type of wood used or the weather at the time of the cook. Tracking these variables allows the pit master to look back at previous cooks and continue to cook and tweak variables until the perfect combination is hit. And then have the data to replicate that combination at any time.
This is a technique that teams on the BBQ competition circuit have been using for years only with a pen & paper or excel spreadsheets. The intent of The Pit Pal is to take this technique, leverage technology to improve on it, and help people with a passion for BBQ produce great food.
* Easy to use interface for entering your cook and food details.
* Quick notes for one-click entry of common events such as mopping, adding coal, adding wood, saucing, foiling, etc.
* Ability to track history for multiple foods during a cook.
* Add temperatures for your cook and track via easy to read charts and graphs.
* Easily export your cooks to Word, Excel, XML, or Text files for sharing, backup, or offline viewing.
* Cook & food notifications for time & temperature.
* Ability to add detailed notes to your cook stored in a cook archive.
* Rate your cooks so you can track the outcome for future reference.
* Take pictures of your end product direct from The Pit Pal which automatically store in cook archive.
*** Direct integration with the BBQ Guru CyberQ WIFI and STOKER WIFI ***
* View your smoker and food temperatures real time direct from you Android device.
* Track and graph your temperatures to see exactly what is happening on your cook.
* Direct access to the guru and stoker web console.
* Temperature notifications utilizing the internal device notification manager.
* FREE Backyard Edition – This is the baseline version. Does not include photos, charting, data export and other pro features. Max cook history of 5. Has a couple non-intrusive ads.
* FREE Competitor Edition – This is the promo version released to Brethren and BBQ Guru and Stoker BBQ customers prior to the official release. It includes all functionality (including photos, charting, etc) up to this release. Max cook history of 5. Has small non-intrusive ads. Will have access to some future enhancements with the ability to upgrade as needed.
* PAID Competitor Edition – This is the full blown version with all functionality, unlimited cook history, no advertising, and access to all future enhancements. It also helps support further development of The Pit Pal and funds future enhancements. We think the price is extremely reasonable considering it probably costs more to buy a pen & paper these days :)
SEARCH AND BROWSE over 300 triple-tested, classic recipes from Weber’s best-selling cookbooks, from starters to desserts, including rubs, marinades, and sauces. Recipes are from Weber's Art of the Grill™, Weber's Big Book of Grilling™, Weber's Charcoal Grilling™, and Weber's Real Grilling™.
STORE ingredients from any recipe in an itemized grocery list. To make shopping easy, the ingredients are organized by category to facilitate shopping. You can add as many recipes to the grocery list as you want, and the app will combine all the ingredients you will need at the store. A simple check box lets you mark off items as you shop.
SHARE recipes and grocery lists with friends and family via email.
REFERENCE 100+ tips for expert grilling.
LEARN essential grilling techniques for taking your skills to the next level.
WATCH short instructional grilling videos by celebrity chef and cookbook author Jamie Purviance. TAG your favorite recipes and techniques for future reference.
TIME recipes with the grill timer, right in the app. Your phone or device will ding and vibrate when the timer goes off. CHECK grilling times in our grill guides for red meat, pork, poultry, seafood, veggies, and fruit. Produced by rabble+rouser, inc. Photography by Tim Turner
* Winner of 2012 Northern Inland Innovation Awards Professional Services category
* Recommended in New York Times '10 freshest picks' for gardening apps 2012.
The "Planting Now" calendar lists the vegetables and herbs you can plant every month, and adapts to your preferred planting dates - ideal if you use a greenhouse or cloche.
Use the 'Wish List' to plan your garden and record your seed and seedling purchases ready for planting.
Contains a detailed guide to growing 90+ of the most popular garden vegetables, with local planting information for the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK.
Plant lists for planning your garden, detailed growing information on plants, and hints and tips from the community at www.gardenate.com.
All the information is on your phone and there is no need for an wifi connection while using the app, except if you choose to sync to your other phones!
* Local planting calendar for 90+ of the most popular garden vegetables, herbs, and soft fruits.
* Wish list for planning your garden and tracking your seed purchases.
* Add your own plants
* Add your own notes to any plants to record the best varieties and successes and failures.
* Use 'My Garden' to track your plantings, with the predicted harvest dates to assist in your garden planning. Add notes and photos.
* General diary notes with photos and Markdown text formatting.
* Print out planting and diary notes or save or email as PDF.
* "Share your garden" will sync your plantings and notes with your other phones and tablets, Android and iOS.
Our app uses the 'Identity' permission to create an account so you can (optionally) share your garden with your other phones and tablets. It doesn't read any other accounts. It uses the 'Photos/Medias/Files' permission so you can take photos in the app and attach them to your notes and planting details. It doesn't access any other files.
The free iGrill app works seamlessly with your original iGrill device, available at www.igrillinc.com. The iGrill doesn’t just make the perfect grilling accessory, it improves your accuracy when baking or smoking as well! The iGrill makes cooking fun, easy and stress free with a host of useful features, including:
-Compatible with many Android devices*
-200+ foot range via a secure Bluetooth® connection
-Preset food temperature settings plus the option to create your own
-Smoker option with upper and lower limit alarms
* For the complete list of Android compatible devices visit: www.igrillinc.com/android
For customer support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.We.iGrill (888.934.4745). We are here to help and love hearing your feedback.
The iDevices Connected app is compatible with many Bluetooth Smart Ready Android devices running 4.3 and up.
Products compatible with the iDevices Connected App:
• iGrill mini
• Kitchen Thermometer
• Kitchen Thermometer mini
iDevices Connected App Features:
• Easy in-app connection through Bluetooth® Smart
• Convenient dashboard to track and manage all of your connected products simultaneously
• Select from dozens of presets or create your own custom preset to ensure your dish is cooked perfectly
• Custom settings let you name your device or probe and set the probe color indicator making keeping track of your devices simple
• Set timers to keep track of your cooking tasks
• Share your cooking masterpiece socially through Facebook and Twitter
• View what others are cooking with the real-time user globe
• Be inspired by sample recipes from our leading partners
• User driven app interface allows you to customize your experience
• Access customer support resources
• Shop iDevices products directly from the app
Look who’s talking:
“Overall, it’s great.” - CNET
“You can be inside, having a drink, and not even worrying about it.” - FoxCT
“You could use the thermometer to monitor the temp of what you’re cooking, but the real power is in the paired app.” - The Gadgeteer
“Like really, how awesome is this!?” - The Black Peppercorn
“Whether you’re smoking ribs or grilling a steak - you’ll know instantly when your food is ready to eat.” - Uncrate
The problem isn’t that they just don’t know what is going on…it’s just plain and simple miscommunication. You are using lingo they don’t use and they don’t get it… you need to use a different communication approach with these decision makers
Remember…they are generally the decision maker because the boss just tasked them with making sure all the properties look like the gardens on an old English estate. They are in charge of the lawn and landscape of the properties and the only thing they know about the landscape industry is that it sounds like it is good for the environment
What are they going to do? Probably hire the cheapest company they hear about and hope they don’t break out windows and burn up the lawn.
HortChat is an interactive community web site in which you can get information on garden and plant tips, ask questions and make comments.
I would like to personally welcome you to the site. My name is Kris and I will be your host. I have a degree in horticulture and have studied and worked with plants for many years. I have also volunteered as a Master Gardener for 17 years.
At Hortchat, we share the trials and tribulations of gardening and growing plants. We may not know everything but we’ll try our best to help. If you have a suggestion or solution to a gardening / plant problem , we would like to hear about it. We are interested in giving folks the best gardening tips and creating a great community of expert gardeners!
Main Topics of Discussion Include:
Endless Summer Hydrangea
Morning Glory Vine
Seasonal Plant tips
Squash vine borer
West Nile virus
Come check us out at HortChat.com
Budapest has proven. Now it's time for You to start tracking your routes and creating a beautiful bicycle map for your city!
Keep an eye on this app, your city could be the next on our list!
urban, bicycle, track, route, local, navigation, bike, sport, mapping, geo, bicycling, gps, location, locale, eastern, europe
- Convenient IN-APP Bluetooth connection.
- Full control over hardware
- Supports 2 probes
- Choose your meat and doneness directly
- Let’s you know when your meat will be ready
- Set up to 8 timers
- See the real time graph of your temperatures
- See the last cooks in your history tab
- Full IN-APP manual for hardware device.
Languages supported English and Danish.
Note: Minimum requirement is Android 4.3 and BLE 4.0