Bluefire Reader is designed with you, the reader, in mind—and now it’s better than ever! With just a tap you can highlight, bookmark, annotate, look up a definition, and share excerpts via email, Facebook, Twitter and other linked services. We've also improved the presentation of our Search results, making it easier to review words and phrases in context.
Popular bookstores around the world use the Bluefire white-label platform to power their branded apps. Try Bluefire Reader today and see why!
NPL Mobile APP Features:
1. Catalog Search - Just type the first few letters of two or three words and search results will begin to appear. For example, if you’re looking up Mark Twain in the catalog, just type "ma twa." Once you find the title you’re looking for, you can place it on hold right from your phone.
2. My Account- Manage your accounts including placing holds, renewals, and ePayment.
3. Library Locator – Find the location of our Libraries, hours of operation and contact information. It uses GPS to offer directions from where you are.
4. Ask Us – Ready access to our staff via text, email or phone.
5. Events - Anytime, anywhere access to our calendar of events.
6. Reading Lists – Browse the reading lists of Newly Arrived, Coming Soon and Popular and place holds instantly.
7. eBooks & more –One-click access to OverDrive to find and download titles. The OverDrive app is still required to read the eBooks.
8. BookLook - Enter or scan the ISBN barcodes of books you find in bookstores to see if we have them at our library. If we do, you can place a hold on it right from your phone.
9. BookCheck- Instantly checkout a book, DVD or CD from anywhere within our library without waiting in line.
10. Mobile Databases – Enjoy databases designed for smartphone users, launch mobile apps such as EBSCO Host, AccessMyLibrary (Gale), and Mango.
11. Online Databases –Enjoy all of our databases within this app. This is especially useful to users of iPad, Android tablet, or Windows Mobile tablet.
There is a whole world of possibilities at NPL, now it is available on your mobile device. Enjoy!
There is a great new way to search our books. No need to search by field, no need to enter full words, no need to wait for results. Just type the first couple of letters of words and see the search in action while you type. So for books on "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis" simply type "ja ke on".
Users can easily enter or scan the ISBN barcodes of books they find in bookstores, or even at a friend's house, to see if they're available at the library. We've invested in the latest mobile solution for libraries and we'll be adding new content over time. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
• Quickly search the collection, with filters to zero-in on the kinds of titles you’re seeking
• Browse bestsellers and new material
• Get the details on any title, anytime and anywhere, including descriptions, community reviews and commentary
• Check a title’s availability – even map the HPL locations where your title is available now
• Place and manage holds.
• Renew items
• Check branch hours
DynaMed™ is unique among clinical information resources; our community of clinicians synthesize the evidence and provide objective analysis in an easily-digestible format. We follow a strict evidence-based editorial process focused on providing unbiased information to help guide physicians in their decision-making process.
Visit your library’s website to see if your library has subscribed to Flipster. Get access to popular magazines and read many of your favorite titles.If your library doesn’t yet offer Flipster, encourage them to sign up today.
• Download popular magazines and read offline
• Digital table of contents for each magazine
• Read articles in text view
• Track percentage of magazine read
• Select highlighted areas to jump to articles and related websites
Now it’s time to relax, put your feet up and read your favorite magazines with Flipster!
** PLEASE NOTE: This application requires a paid subscription to PEMSoft **