The Euro Fatwa is a simplified and concise Fiqh guide issued by the European Council for Fatwa and Research (ECFR) to enable the European Muslims to adhere to the regulations and manners of Islam and to fulfill their duties as Muslim citizens, while taking care of the legal, customary and cultural specificities of European societies.
The Euro Fatwa contains all fatwas and decisions issued by the ECFR since 1417AH / 1997 to date.
The Council is a specialized independent Islamic body, composed of a large group of more than 30 known qualified scholars, working on the European arena, who enjoy the knowledge of legal jurisprudence (Fiqh) as well as awareness of current environment.
The Euro Fatwa offers several features, including:
• The full jurisprudence library of the ECFR.
• Comprehensive of the most religious questions of concern to the European Muslim.
• A simple yet clear sorting and labeling of subjects.
• Fast search capability, offering the search results ordered by relevance
• The possibility to share the fatwa through various social media and Apps
• Auto-update of new fatwas, without the need to update the App
• No Internet connection is required to browse and search the content
• Supports Arabic, English and Spanish languages (Version 1.0).
We are currently working on:
• Support of French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Albanian, Swedish, Russian and Turkish languages
• Allow sending new questions to the ECFR through the App to receive dedicated answers