other notable dates are shown for the years 2003-2020.
Dropdown menus allow one to choose a year, a month, or the language in which to display the data. An entire month is shown, and one can scroll left and right in the display area. The two languages for display are currently English and Panjabi.
When the application is first started, it opens to the current date as set in your device. The current day will be
highlighted in yellow. When one browses to another month, or year, and then returns to the current month and year,
this highlighted current day will again be in the initial view area.
For the years 2003-2020, a link is shown on the day that Guru Nanak's Parkash falls on. If that link is touched, a background article about Guru Nanak's Parkash will be downloaded to your device from Pal S. Purewal's
website (see below), to be viewed through an Adobe Acrobat viewer.
In addition, for the years 2013-2020, new moons and full moons are shown on their appropriate days, for
informational purposes only. When the icon for a moon is touched, a small informational pop-up is shown.
Note that the Nanakshahi Calendar (Original) has desi months as follows:
Chet, Vaisakh, Jeth, Harh, Sawan - 31 days
Bhadon, Assu, Katik, Maghar, Poh, Magh - 30 days
Phagun - 30 or 31 days (if a leap year)
Note also that the Nanakshahi Samvat - new year - always starts on Chet 1, which is March 14.
If you have any comments, problems or suggestions about this application please email Mr. Purewal at
For numerous articles and other information related to the Nanakshahi Calendar, visit Mr. Purewal's website, http://www.nanakshahi.net
It provides translations for almost 400 phrases across 13 categories - Calendar/Time, Emergency, Food, Greetings, Language, Numbers, Shopping, Travel, Work/Office, Fruits, Vegetables, Spices and Colours.
If you wish to learn to speak in Punjabi, then look no more. Learn Punjabi Quickly is a quick and handy tool - a tourist dictionary for those visiting India as well as for those who wish to talk in Punjabi.
* Free version is also fully functional
* Carefully translated list of most frequently used phrases
* High quality text as well as audio translation by native Punjabi speaker in a crisp and clear voice
* Separate translation for phrases spoken by males and females wherever different
* Powerful search that allows users to search within a category as well as across all categories
This adventure is filled with amazing and interesting animations and jokes. Kids can operate Kyorochan freely in the candy land.
Moreover, this app contents some educational games !!
Supporting Android 2.1+, Easy Punjabi features the latest Android user interface with rich illustrations, audio for letter/word pronunciation and English spellings/translations to make you learn the Punjabi language even quicker!
Easy Punjabi features:
1) Learn the 35 letters of the Punjabi Alphabet / akhar
2) Learn the first 10 numbers / ginti in Punjabi
3) Learn a variety of Punjabi colors / rang
4) Learn the matras / vowels such as the kanna, sihari, bihari, aunkarh, dulankarh, horhaa and more. Each matra has example words which you can listen to
5) Practice your Panjabi letter writing skills by 'writing' the Punjabi letters on your devices screen!
6) Test your Punjabi skills with an built in quiz / multiple choice test.
**Permissions needed for ads**
* 4 sets of cards: Alphabet, animals, colors and numbers
* Choose to play audio or not
* Record your own voice to replace the built-in audio
* Use 'Autoplay' to automatically move to the next card after a delay
* Tutorial to learn how to use the app
* Links to apps for other languages
* Recommend your friends to download the app
* Clean and beautiful design
* No ads
Sikh Connect basically a NITNEM (Daily Naam) android app which is a collaboration of different banis (Path). This is very first time these Banis (Path) coming up with 12 languages. Sikh Connect app will help you to read and listen to Audio on your mobile.
This app will tell you more about the ‘Origin of Sikhism’, ‘Sikhs Ten Gurus’, ‘Chaar Sahibzaade’ and ‘Panj Pyare’
Languages: - English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Telgu, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Arabic, Russian and Greek
Sikh Connect app - key features: -
Complete 'Nitnem' - 7 paths
Select language of your preference: - English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Telgu, Bengali, Malayalam, Kannada, Arabic, Russian and Greek
Listen to 'Nitnem Audio': -
Pause button will stop audio and let you play path from where you left.
-Designed & Developed by Jaspreet Singh and Pranav Arya.