Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) is a scheme launched, for setting up residential schools for girls at upper primary level belonging to the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. This scheme is being implemented in across the state where the female rural literacy is below the national average and gender gap in literacy is above the national average. The scheme provides for a minimum reservation of 75% of the seats for girls belonging to SC, ST, OBC or minority communities and priority for the remaining 25%, to girls from families below poverty line.
Edupaytion private limited has developed a Management Information system to manage KGBV schools in the state of Andhra Pradesh which is a step ahead towards digitisation of school education in India.
The mobile app has following features -
1) Facility to take student attendance
2) Facility to take teacher attendance
3) Facility to upload daily medical issues
4) Facility to upload periodic medical examination details
5) Facility to upload examination results
6) Facility to view and update student records