eGeoffrey is a new concept which brings many ideas into one single place; eGeoffrey does some home automation, it keeps you updated on what's going on at home, it alerts you on events, helps you to organize your home duties, you can easily interact with it... and, what's even better, it can acquire new skills over time!
eGeoffrey is an open source, flexible and extensible framework, which can be used in many ways to fit more demanding people on earth's needs. It can live with you at home (no extra room needed though), or you can get its services straight from "the cloud", wherever this thing is.
Not limited to, eGeoffrey's skills can be categorized among the following areas:
- Real-time home monitoring which provides information such as temperature, power consumption, images taken from home, etcetera.
- Analytical brain which remembers all the real-time information produced and provides some insights of them over time. eGeoffrey can proactively send you emails with these insights on a daily basis to keep you up to date conveniently.
- Surveillance and preventive spirit by alerting you on events such as those when temperature threshold's limits are surpassed and some negative consequences might happen.
- Committed to your command by the use of its different user interfaces; you can also text eGeoffrey from your instant messaging platform of choice such as Slack, Telegram and many others.
- Open to the world as eGeoffrey is also able to contextualize home-generated information with external one provided by third-party providers such as weather services for weather forecasting.
PLEASE NOTE, to fully enjoy a mobile experience with eGeoffrey, you would need:
1) an eGeoffrey instance installed and running somewhere;
2) the eGeoffrey gateway reachable from the network this device is connected to
3) valid credentials set up for your house on the gateway
4) if you want to receive notifications even when this app is in background, the package 'egeoffrey-notification-mobile' installed in your eGeoffrey instance;
5) the 'notification/mobile' module configured with the device token you can get from the 'About' menu item of this app;
Please visit the project's webpage for more details.