Featuring a colorful cast of silly pets from Ralphie the Cat to Oleg the Owl, join math-explorer Emma through more than 100 fun math games on a quest to help her animal friends explore the big city!
Playable by kids of all ages with lots of positive encouragement, professional narration and catchy music.
Designed by parents and teachers, this app adheres to Common Core Standards for kindergarten math.
COUNTING & NUMBER RECOGNITION
• To 100 by ones and by tens
• Count forward beginning from a any number
• Connect counting to numbers
• Answer “How many?” questions
• Compare two numbers
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION
• Addition and subtraction with objects
• Fluently add and subtract within 5
• Compare more of, less of
CATEGORIES AND GEOMETRY
• Classify objects into given categories
• Correctly name shapes
• Analyze and compare shapes
• Items, numbers and instructions are professionally narrated
• Players are rewarded with positive encouragement
• Parental controls: Turn off sounds, music, purchases and links to our other apps
• We do not collect personal information from our users.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.1 Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.A.2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.B.4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.B.5 Count to answer "how many?" questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.C.7 Compare two numbers between 1 and 10 presented as written numerals.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.OA.A.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.A.2 Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common, to see which object has "more of"/"less of" the attribute, and describe the difference. For example, directly compare the heights of two children and describe one child as taller/shorter.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.B.3 Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.1
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.A.2 Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
• CCSS.Math.Content.K.G.B.4 Analyze and compare two- and three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g., number of sides and vertices/"corners") and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).