PreMD Tracker was created by two pre-med students from the Johns Hopkins University and the University of Pittsburgh, along with advice from pre-med school advisors and our fellow pre-med peers. The creators of PreMD Tracker are currently MS3 students at the NYU School of Medicine and The Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
We ourselves have journeyed through this long medical school application process, and we created PreMD Tracker as a valuable tool we wished that we had from the very beginning as college freshman. We have pulled together many insider tips and internet links we gained through our own pre-med experiences and specifically designed PreMD Tracker to help simplify and lay out not only what will be expected of you, but how you will be expected to complete, document, and track your progress in order to smoothly and successfully complete the pre-med and medical school application process.
This app is up-to-date for the 2015 Application Cycle
Why is PreMD Tracker unique?
1. ACTIVITY TRACKER - Allows you to track hours and document your medical, community, research, and additional activities in much the same way you will document them on your AMCAS Primary Application.
2. EXPORT PreMD Tracker CV- PreMD Tracker automatically compiles all of your entered Activities information and allows you to “Export a PreMD Tracker CV” in spreadsheet format via email with the click of a button.
3. SCIENCE (BCPM) GPA CALCULATOR AND TRACKER - Allows you to easily track your required pre-med classes, additional science classes, and automatically calculates your AMCAS BCPM (Science) GPA for you.
4. LETTERS OF REC TRACKER - Reveals the types of letters medical schools expect from you, and allows you to easily track the status of your letters of recommendation and enter recommender names.
5. TIPS AND LINKS - Ample tips and internet links are associated with each section to help ensure your questions are answered to become a competitive medical school applicant. (ie. What do I major in? Who and how do I ask to write me a letter of recommendation? What is AAMC?..and much much more!)
6. GENERAL INFORMATION - Ample information and internet links over-viewing the AMCAS Primary Application, listing the ideal medical school application timeline, and considering important topics beyond the Primary Application such as finding the right school, secondary applications, interviews, and taking a gap year--- just to name a few!
7. PRE-MED SUPPORT - We are here to support and guide you throughout your pre-med process. Should you have any questions about being a pre-med student, the medical school application process, or our app, please don’t hesitate to contact us!