OENO By Vintec is your virtual cellar management app and personal sommelier, powered by Vivino.
With OENO, wine lovers can effortlessly keep track of which wines they have, where they are located in their cellar(s) and know how to enjoy them at their best – with expert recommendations on when to open bottles, serving temperatures, decanting and glassware.
Whether you have a wine cabinet, a cellar, or even just a rack or a place where you keep your wines, OENO allows you to create a replica of your storage space so you can enjoy your wines at their best!
Made for wine lovers, by wine lovers, this is the first version of the app which is constantly being improved! Your opinion matters a lot to us and we would love to hear what you think about it and how we can improve it further.
HOW IT WORKS
1. CONFIRGURE - Create a virtual replica of your wine cellar(s)
2. SCAN & EXPLORE - Scan labels and see detailed information about wines
3. STORE - Place bottles in your virtual cellar and keep track of your collection
4. PAIR & TASTE – Get recommendations of wines from cellar to match your meals
5. ORDER & RESTOCK – And build your collection directly from the OENO app (Powered by Vivino Market).
The app is named OENO after the Goddess of Wine. According to Greek mythology, Oeno was the great-grandaughter of Dionysus, God of the Grape Harvest and Winemaking, who gave her the power to transform water into wine.
‘Oeno’ (UK) is commonly used as a prefix for words semantically connected to wine such as in oenology, the study of wine – or oenophile, a wine lover.
OENO’s correct pronunciation is “eno” with a silent “o”. In fact, in American English, ‘oeno’ is written without the initial ‘o’ - ‘eno’.