- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Contact | Respect | Stay Safe | Driving in Ireland | Units Conversion
1. Ireland: History | Geography | Climate | Religion | Politics | Culture | Language | Transportation | Top 10 Attractions
2. By Area: Republic of Ireland | Northern Ireland | Counties | Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
3. Maps: Ireland | Geography | Transportation | Regions & Roads | Counties | Aran Islands | Top Attractions
3.1 Dublin: City | Motorways | Rail | DART system
3.2 Other Cities: Belfast | Cork | Galway | Derry | Kilkenny | Letterkenny
4. Dublin: History | Economy | Culture | Climate | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Get out
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Airport | Port | Port Tunnel | Bus | Suburban Rail | Rapid Transit
4.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy
4.3 Landmarks: Museums | Theatres | Places of Worship | Buildings & Structures | Streets & Squares | Open Areas | Castles | Statues | Pubs
5. Belfast: History | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Transport | Stay Safe | Get out
5.1 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | Do | Buy
6. Other Cities: Cork | Derry | Galway | Kilkenny | Letterkenny | Limerick | Sligo | Waterford | Wexford
7. Other Destinations: Aran Islands | Brú Na Bóinne | Bunratty Castle | The Burren | Carlow | Carrowmore | Cliffs of Moher | Connemara | Dingle Peninsula | Dromineer | Giant's Causeway | Glendalough | Iveragh Peninsula | Kinsale | Lakes of Killarney | Lough Corrib | Ring of Kerry | Valentia Island | Western Way
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
At a glance
• FREE app
• Works offline and no surprise roaming/data charges
• Easy to use
• Saves you time and money on the move
• 14,000 listings preloaded for accommodation, events, food and more
• Be notified of special offers on local products and services
• Use book marks to help plan your journey
• Virtually move to another location to see what’s awaiting you elsewhere
• See Ireland through interactive maps
• Use Compass view to get seamless directions to a preferred destination
It’s Ireland in your pocket. So, go on, download the app today and whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, get a handle on what’s happening in Ireland with the Discover Ireland app.
Whilst Discover Ireland has tried to ensure that this app performs well across a wide variety of Android devices we cannot guarantee optimum performance across all Android platforms. This app will run across multiple types of hardware with different processors and different speeds and you’re in app experience will be governed by this capability. Please note that not all Android smartphones can install all Android apps.
It is recommended that a mid-to-high range Android phone is used to enjoy the Discover Ireland app to its full potential. Example phones are: Samsung Galaxy: S2, S3, S4, Note I, Note II, S4 Mini, S III Mini, Express, HTC: One, One S, One X, One Mini, Sony Xperia: Z, T, SP, S, J, Huawei Ascend: P2, P6
The perfect iPhone guide for anyone planning a holiday in Ireland.
Browse all our members and get detailed information about each campsite including facilities, size and opening times.
Use the interactive map to locate sites near you. Find your favourites and plan your perfect holiday.
It contains an OFFLINE database of points of interest including, bars, museums as well as popular tourist attractions.
With help from your GPS and location service, it will indicate the disance and direction to the nearest point of interest.
This application operates completely offline meaning you don't have to connect to the internet to locate the destination.
Optional links will locate the spot precisely in Google Maps and open a web page describing the location. This functionality will require an internet connection.
We hope you like it and hope you have a great visit in the emerald isle! With this application you will always know how far you are from Tipperary!
If you like it, send me a postcard!
- Includes Intercity, DART and Commuter services
- Realtime journey details
- Full timetable search
- Find your nearest station
- Check all the stations a train will call to
- Share when a train is due with a friend
- Create home screen shortcuts for your favourite stations
- Save your favourite train stations
- Latest Irish Rail Twitter feeds
Train Times Ireland Pro is also available and removes ads from the app
If there is a problem with this app please contact me so I can fix it or provide you with more information on what is happening.
The Discover Ireland Festival & Events App allows you to search by month to see the exciting events taking place. You can add an event to your calendar so you don’t miss out and you can share a festival on face-book or twitter so you can keep your friends posted about the events you’re planning to take in. The calendar is packed full of arts and culture, music, comedy, family, food and sporting festival and event ideas to whet your appetite.
The Discover Ireland Festivals app was developed by Maithu IT Solutions for Failte Ireland and the Irish Times.
Every issue is jam-packed with fantastic competitions and amazing travel offers. Download now to read fascinating features from every destination around the globe, written by our dedicated, award-winning team. They go where you want to, and let you in on travel's best kept secrets - from far-flung destinations to cruise, ski and holidays at home we have it all. Catch up with the Northern Ireland Travel Trade - all the pictures, events and news from the Trade industry in one place and the latest travel-specific news - all presented in a completely free, fully optimised digital package, delivered straight to your Android device - you won't miss a travel beat with us!
The Northern Ireland Travel News Android edition is exactly the same award-winning content as the print edition, enhanced and specifically built for reading on mobile and tablet devices. Each edition is completely free to download and you can browse and download and edition of Northern Ireland Travel News previously published through the app.
Warnings take the form of a notification message which will appear in the the device’s notification bar and can be used to reopen the application if it is hidden. The device will vibrate, the default notification sound will play, and the LED (if one exists) will flash. The notification will disappear once the device is out of range of the speed van zone.
There is an additional function to search for a location and the map will display the speed van zones for that area which may be useful when planning a trip!
Internet access is required if you wish to view the maps, however this is not needed in order to receive speed van zone warnings. GPS is not essential but it is recommended for an accurate reading of the device location.
Certain application settings can be changed to the user’s preferences. Warnings may be turned on or off, and the frequency of GPS updates may be adjusted in order to preserve battery life. The default zoom level of the map can also be adjusted.
This application is free and contains no ads. It was developed for a college assignment so please leave feedback and comments about your experience using it, both good and bad. Also if you could submit bug reports for any problems that you have or send me a mail to the address below I would really appreciate it! :)
The app provides door-to-door route plans with options that will suit all levels of cycling capability.
· Route options
o Easier Routes – Avoid heavy traffic
o Balanced Routes – Expect some traffic
o Direct Routes – possible heavy traffic
o Save routes for offline use
o Avoid difficult junction manoeuvres
o Avoid Hills
o Navigation / audible warnings when off route
o Take bike on Train
o Use City Bike Hire Bikes
o Calorie counter / chocolate bar index
o Themed Routes
o Elevation information
The app is being continually developed and expanded, routing data is being updated and improved.
Have we missed a good cycle route?, please let us know by pressing the feedback button.
Just download to begin your personal journey along the Wild Atlantic Way.
One Route. Endless Adventures.
Find out about the 15 Signature Discovery Points and other places of interest that you shouldn’t miss so you can best plan your day along the wild and rugged coastline.
Search ‘Nearby’ once you’re on the Wild Atlantic Way to find everything from local events and festivals to best places to eat in town. The map and list view options make it easy to find what’s happening right around you.
All along the Wild Atlantic Way are Hidden Gems that, until now, only the locals knew about. We’ve compiled the best of them so you’ll see the best of the Wild Atlantic Way through the eyes of those who live it.
It Works Offline
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone after the initial download. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming and the app is super fast. When you are on WiFi, update to get the latest information
Get a good idea of the attractions you should visit, foods to eat and bars to drink!
Dozens of spots in :
+ Day tours and attractions
+ Restaurants and dinners
+ Bars and Clubs
Very visual, large photos too!
Have a blast while visiting this area of Ireland
It has sussed the best ways to visit Ireland with kids so you don't have to do the legwork:
* Packed with cool places kids will just love to visit.
* It's like having a bunch of native kids show you the best stuff to do in this magical country.
* Quirky car games to keep them amused and engaged with the trip along the way.
* A full nationwide listing of free outdoor play areas.
* Scavenger hunts and car bingo will get you working as a team so you get the most of your family time together.
* A whole community of other app users who can pass on their tips and experiences to you.
It's all covered from:
* County-by-county listings.
* The best local sweets (candy).
* Pit stops on long journeys.
* Cracking videos to show you how it's done.
* Slide shows to whet your appetite.
* And remember those songs your uncle Pat used to murder at weddings? Well they're here too including one hilarious version of 'Danny Boy'!
★ About the Author ★
As a former film producer, location scout, tour-bus guide, blogger, teacher and now mother of two, Ann Brehony has learned a few things about working with a difficult audience. From experience, she knows there is no tougher crowd than a car full of cranky kids. She is passionate about where she lives and wants to share the gems hidden under the skin of the Irish landscape and its people. She has looked at her country through the eyes of her kids and has come up with the most kid-friendly way to enjoy this enchanting island.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
*** PLEASE READ THE NOTE BELOW IF YOUR PHONE HAS NO MENU BUTTON ***
Tide 7 downloads tide predictions to your Android device; storing them for quick, easy access when you need it - no need to go back online.
Tide 7 is designed to minimise network data traffic, while maximising data availability. Network connection is only required to download the predictions - which can then be viewed anywhere, anytime. No ads using up your bandwidth and battery!
7-day tide predictions are downloaded from the UK Admiralty EasyTide service and stored on your device, making them available to you instantly - whenever and wherever you want, without network access.
Tide 7 supports full tide predictions for:
* over 600 locations in the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands; a further 100+ locations are supported with partial tide predictions.
* over 50 locations in Belgium and The Netherlands.
* also includes Gibraltar and Malta.
Full tide predictions include times and heights of High Water and Low Water together with a graph (height vs time) representing the prediction.
***** ***** *****
Note for users of Honeycomb (Android 3) and Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4) devices without a menu button:
The on-screen 'action overflow' button performs the same function as a menu button. This appears by the navigation buttons as a vertical line of three square dots.
On some devices - including HTC One V and HTC Desire C - the on-screen button does not appear, in this case, press and hold the recent apps button to open the menu.
***** ***** *****
"Brilliant App for Military & Emergency Personnel With support for most major grid reference systems, a built-in compass and My Tracks integration, this application is perfect for military or emergency personnel, in addition to anyone whom spends large amounts of time hiking, bush-walking, etc... Extremely accurate and quick to lock-in a location by satellite"
Why not try out the free demo first?
Many GPS & Compass features, combines with various OFFLINE maps (UK OS map, USGS, OSM, Mapnik, Topo & Cycle and more!).
Support GPX (GPS Exchange Format) file import. Simply use any file manager and select a GPX file to import.
Supported coordinates: OS grid reference, Tetrad, MGRS (WGS84), MGRS (WGS84), MGRS(NAD27), WGS84, OSGB86, Maidenhead, DMS, UTM, USNG and CH1903 Swiss Grid.
- LiveView support - display coordinate information, satellite information, ETA and time information.
- SE LiveView Beta (display coordinate information (right menu), satellite information (left menu), ETA (down menu) and time information (up menu). Any problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Track Recording via My Tracks. Record your tracks, see live stats export tracks and share with friends via Google or GPX, KML, CSV and TCX file.
** Visit website www.gpsgridreference.com, checkout full user guide and videos **
**Any issues or feature requests please email me**
GPS mode shows coordinates from GPS, offline maps with switchable full screen mode, compass, GPS status and overlay the waypoints over the maps to get distance, bearing and ETA.
GPS mode now equipped dual screen (just swipe top screen) with digital compass and mils, ETA time and minutes, sunrise and sunset time
Manage waypoints mode allows you to create set of waypoints, using maps or manually enter coordinates and use it in GPS mode.
Get Coordinate from Map mode; simple way to get and share various types of coordinates from maps
Compass mode show analogue and digital mode with mils.
Search address for spatial information mode provides ability to search and obtain coordinates for any address and postcode anywhere in the world.
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
The Skellig Coast encompasses the area between Kells and Castlecove, the most beautiful part of the ‘Ring of Kerry’.
From Skellig Michael Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to the Rugged Headlands, Dramatic Mountains and Sandy Blue Flag Beaches…we have it all.
Come and visit to experience the friendliness and hospitality of the local people, share in our history, folklore and music. Magic holiday memories are made here!
The Skellig Coast App can help you plan your holiday to the Skellig Coast and works best using wi-fi. With the touch of the screen, you can use it to find a place to Stay or find Things to See and Do and get directions with our Maps and GPS.
With the touch of a button, you can also share your holiday experiences with family & friends on facebook and twitter
Best of all, you can call, email or go to the website of each tourism business directly from the App to save you time and make that booking fast and on the go !!!!
- Archaeological & Historical Sites
- Skellig Michael, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Derrynane House and National Park
- Tetrapod Tracks – 350 million years old
- Valentia Island Heritage Centre
- Geokaun Mountain and Foher Cliffs, Valentia Island
- Atlantic Telegraph Cable
- The Skellig Experience
- Valentia Slate Quarry & Grotto
- Old Barracks Heritage Centre, Cahersiveen
- Daniel O’Connell Memorial Church
- Ballycarbery Castle
- Cahergal , Leacanabuaile and Loher Ring Forts
- Eightercua Stone Row, Waterville
- Beentee Loop Walk, Cahersiveen
- Knocknadobar Mountain & Stations of the Cross
- The Kerry Way
- Bolus Head Loop Walk, Ballinskelligs
DRIVING AND CYCLING
- The Skellig Ring
- Bealach Oisin
- Ring of Kerry
- Skellig Bay Golf Course
- Dooks & Waterville Golf Links
- Ring of Kerry & Killorglin Golf Courses
Courses available from beginner to experienced for Surfing, Diving, Swimming, Kayaking, Sailing & Coasteering.
ANGLING - FISHING
- Some of the best sea angling & game fishing in Europe.
- Bass, Salmon & Trout in abundance.
- Boat Trips
- Horse Riding & Pony Trekking
- Bird Watching Walks
- Gardens & Farms
- Sub-Tropical Gardens at Kells and Glanleam, Valentia Island
- Sheep Dog Trials at Kells Sheep Centre
- Pet Farm
- Valentia Ice-cream & Dairy Farm
EVENTS happening all year round including
- Celtic Festival of Music & The Arts, Cahersiveen
- Charlie Chaplin Film Festival, Waterville
- Sea Shanty Festival, Portmagee
- New Year’s Eve Festival, Portmagee
- King Scallop Festival, Valentia
- Traditional Regattas during the Summer
- Ballinskelligs Country Market, Café Cois Trá
ARTS AND CRAFT
The Skellig Coast is a haven for many local, creative arts & crafts producers, potters, ceramicists, artists, sculptors, weavers & photographers, all with their own studios, retail outlets and workshops.
- from Chocolate Making, St Finans Bay
- to Candle Making, Valentia Island
- to Tech Amergin Arts Centre, Waterville
PUBS, RESTAURANTS, ACCOMODATION and ENTERTAINMENT
The Skellig Coast has a wide range of award winning accommodation, restaurants, cafes, pubs & hotels, to suit all budgets & tastes.
From camp sites to hotels and from Bed and Breakfasts to hostels, the Skellig Coast has it all. Entertainment is available locally and nightly including Bands, Concerts, Dancing, Traditional Music Sessions and more.
Come visit us !
For More Info and Offers, please visit us on
BROWSE hundreds of hiking routes throughout Northern Ireland and find one that meets your needs, interests and is suitable for you. Using your phones GPS, our App will help give you directions to the walking route, allow you to follow the route and find nearby points of interest.
Each walking route contains FREE essential information such as both a summary and a detailed description of the route, a map, directions to the route, key facts, users ratings/comments and photos in addition to nearby activities, attractions, accommodation and shops/restaurants, all located by GPS on the go!
Planning the walk, the App will give you local weather forecasts for the walk location and the sunrise and sunset times.
SHARE your comments, walk rating and photos of your experiences via Facebook, Twitter and Email with you family and friends, all on the go! Maybe while on top of a mountain?
SAVE your favourite walking routes on your phone for future use with no need for wifi or mobile signal when you’re out and about! The number of walks which can be saved on your phone is limited when using the FREE app version. Coming soon you will be able to Upgrade to the Pro version for an introductory low price of £1.49. You will get unlimited storage of your favourite walks on your phone, no advertising, many other great functions and all future Pro upgrades for FREE. App upgrades will be available soon in Favourite section of App.
FEATURED WALKS. For a small fee, starting from only £0.49, you can also buy our Featured Walks which contain detailed information. We have two FREE featured walks to let you sample our quality maps and other premium features. These popular walks contain:
- a detailed ordnance survey map of the walk
- on this map you will also have points of interest and a profile of the walking route indicating the ascent and descent along its length
- detailed research into local history and knowledge of the walk
- key points of interest all of which can be located using the phones GPS
- all key facts and statistics for the walk
- directions to the walk start and other local services
- key waypoints for navigations along the walk (available for most)
- Geo-tagged photos
- a view of the route on Google Maps and Google Earth (coming soon)
- a GPS/GPX file of the walking route for use on a handheld GPS device (coming soon)
So go and enjoy the outdoors and look our for our other Apps coming soon!