- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Contact | Respect | Stay Safe | Driving in Ireland | Units Conversion
1. Ireland: History | Geography | Climate | Religion | Politics | Culture | Language | Transportation | Top 10 Attractions
2. By Area: Republic of Ireland | Northern Ireland | Counties | Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
3. Maps: Ireland | Geography | Transportation | Regions & Roads | Counties | Aran Islands | Top Attractions
3.1 Dublin: City | Motorways | Rail | DART system
3.2 Other Cities: Belfast | Cork | Galway | Derry | Kilkenny | Letterkenny
4. Dublin: History | Economy | Culture | Climate | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Get out
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Airport | Port | Port Tunnel | Bus | Suburban Rail | Rapid Transit
4.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy
4.3 Landmarks: Museums | Theatres | Places of Worship | Buildings & Structures | Streets & Squares | Open Areas | Castles | Statues | Pubs
5. Belfast: History | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Transport | Stay Safe | Get out
5.1 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | Do | Buy
6. Other Cities: Cork | Derry | Galway | Kilkenny | Letterkenny | Limerick | Sligo | Waterford | Wexford
7. Other Destinations: Aran Islands | Brú Na Bóinne | Bunratty Castle | The Burren | Carlow | Carrowmore | Cliffs of Moher | Connemara | Dingle Peninsula | Dromineer | Giant's Causeway | Glendalough | Iveragh Peninsula | Kinsale | Lakes of Killarney | Lough Corrib | Ring of Kerry | Valentia Island | Western Way
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
At a glance
• FREE app
• Works offline and no surprise roaming/data charges
• Easy to use
• Saves you time and money on the move
• 14,000 listings preloaded for accommodation, events, food and more
• Be notified of special offers on local products and services
• Use book marks to help plan your journey
• Virtually move to another location to see what’s awaiting you elsewhere
• See Ireland through interactive maps
• Use Compass view to get seamless directions to a preferred destination
It’s Ireland in your pocket. So, go on, download the app today and whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, get a handle on what’s happening in Ireland with the Discover Ireland app.
Whilst Discover Ireland has tried to ensure that this app performs well across a wide variety of Android devices we cannot guarantee optimum performance across all Android platforms. This app will run across multiple types of hardware with different processors and different speeds and you’re in app experience will be governed by this capability. Please note that not all Android smartphones can install all Android apps.
It is recommended that a mid-to-high range Android phone is used to enjoy the Discover Ireland app to its full potential. Example phones are: Samsung Galaxy: S2, S3, S4, Note I, Note II, S4 Mini, S III Mini, Express, HTC: One, One S, One X, One Mini, Sony Xperia: Z, T, SP, S, J, Huawei Ascend: P2, P6
The perfect iPhone guide for anyone planning a holiday in Ireland.
Browse all our members and get detailed information about each campsite including facilities, size and opening times.
Use the interactive map to locate sites near you. Find your favourites and plan your perfect holiday.
Just download to begin your personal journey along the Wild Atlantic Way.
One Route. Endless Adventures.
Find out about the 15 Signature Discovery Points and other places of interest that you shouldn’t miss so you can best plan your day along the wild and rugged coastline.
Search ‘Nearby’ once you’re on the Wild Atlantic Way to find everything from local events and festivals to best places to eat in town. The map and list view options make it easy to find what’s happening right around you.
All along the Wild Atlantic Way are Hidden Gems that, until now, only the locals knew about. We’ve compiled the best of them so you’ll see the best of the Wild Atlantic Way through the eyes of those who live it.
It Works Offline
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone after the initial download. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming and the app is super fast. When you are on WiFi, update to get the latest information
- Includes Intercity, DART and Commuter services
- Realtime journey details
- Full timetable search
- Find your nearest station
- Check all the stations a train will call to
- Share when a train is due with a friend
- Create home screen shortcuts for your favourite stations
- Save your favourite train stations
- Latest Irish Rail Twitter feeds
Train Times Ireland Pro is also available and removes ads from the app
If there is a problem with this app please contact me so I can fix it or provide you with more information on what is happening.
It contains an OFFLINE database of points of interest including, bars, museums as well as popular tourist attractions.
With help from your GPS and location service, it will indicate the disance and direction to the nearest point of interest.
This application operates completely offline meaning you don't have to connect to the internet to locate the destination.
Optional links will locate the spot precisely in Google Maps and open a web page describing the location. This functionality will require an internet connection.
We hope you like it and hope you have a great visit in the emerald isle! With this application you will always know how far you are from Tipperary!
If you like it, send me a postcard!
Warnings take the form of a notification message which will appear in the the device’s notification bar and can be used to reopen the application if it is hidden. The device will vibrate, the default notification sound will play, and the LED (if one exists) will flash. The notification will disappear once the device is out of range of the speed van zone.
There is an additional function to search for a location and the map will display the speed van zones for that area which may be useful when planning a trip!
Internet access is required if you wish to view the maps, however this is not needed in order to receive speed van zone warnings. GPS is not essential but it is recommended for an accurate reading of the device location.
Certain application settings can be changed to the user’s preferences. Warnings may be turned on or off, and the frequency of GPS updates may be adjusted in order to preserve battery life. The default zoom level of the map can also be adjusted.
This application is free and contains no ads. It was developed for a college assignment so please leave feedback and comments about your experience using it, both good and bad. Also if you could submit bug reports for any problems that you have or send me a mail to the address below I would really appreciate it! :)
Why keep dreaming of that trip to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Just do it! If you could see the UK and Ireland for less than the price of a cup of coffee, why wouldn’t you?
Want to visit Westminster Abbey in London? It’s now only a click away. Walk around the abbey to view it from all sides, or zoom in on its architecture to get a close up view of its architectural style. Step inside Stonehenge and walk around to see what it’s actually like. Visit Piccadilly Circus and continue on to walk virtually anywhere through the streets of London while comfortably sitting on your couch.
If you're curious about the history behind the places you'll be visiting, we've got you covered. Each location has a link to its corresponding Wikipedia entry so you'll never be left wondering.
The Banqueting House
National Gallery (Inside)
National Gallery (Outside)
The British Museum
Royal Courts of Justice
St. Paul's Cathedral
Manchester Town Hall
Royal Liver Building
Clifton Suspension Bridge
The Eden Project
Gateshead Millennium Bridge
The Sage Gateshead
Angel of the North Statue
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Get the latest status of a flight and search by origin/destination, airline and flight number. Get further information including departure/arrival at foreign location and duration and distance of the flight.
Check on the latest weather with a 7 day weather forecast for each airport.
Check the latest news from each Airport via Twitter feeds.
View the airports location on Google maps and get navigation directions from your current position using the native navigation app.
Easily contact the airport via phone and email and access their website from with the application. And share flight details from the phone.
Contains Arrival/Departure and weather information for:
Belfast International airport
Belfast City airport
Derry City airport
*Please note data is taken from airport websites so is only as up to date as the information supplied, please contact the airline if you are unsure of a particular flights status.
*In app purchases are only used in you would like to make a donation to say thanks and help fund future development
Flight information, indoor maps, weather, hotels, airport information.
• 3 days worth of arrivals and departures information (yesterday, today and tomorrow)
• Detailed map showing your current location within the airport, location of restaurants, bars, banks, toilets, shops etc.
• General airport information (from Wikipedia) and airport news (from Twitter)
• Facility to locate and book hotels nearby
• 5 Day local weather forecast
Other airport apps available are London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Frankfurt, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Zurich and many more.
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council.
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, DART, Iarnród Éireann & Luas services.
• See up to date information of when your bus / Luas / train will be at a stop or station
• View stops and routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup favourites so that you can quickly access Real Time passenger information for your regular stops.
• Create Reminders to notify you when a bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access travel updates for Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas and Iarnród Éireann services, so you can stay up to date.
Please note: The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
The app provides door-to-door route plans with options that will suit all levels of cycling capability.
· Route options
o Easier Routes – Avoid heavy traffic
o Balanced Routes – Expect some traffic
o Direct Routes – possible heavy traffic
o Save routes for offline use
o Avoid difficult junction manoeuvres
o Avoid Hills
o Navigation / audible warnings when off route
o Take bike on Train
o Use City Bike Hire Bikes
o Calorie counter / chocolate bar index
o Themed Routes
o Elevation information
The app is being continually developed and expanded, routing data is being updated and improved.
Have we missed a good cycle route?, please let us know by pressing the feedback button.
In the IrelandWays.com app, you will find:
News and Articles
Tips and Advice for your walking and cycling tour
Contact Information so you can request an itinerary
Coupons with special offers
and all you need to know for your Wild Atlantic Way holiday and your hiking trip in Ireland.
Provided by PLACE STARS (http://www.placestars.com).
- SIMPLE: Very easy to use simple offline maps without hard-to-understand functionality. It’s just a map, and it’s very easy & simple to use! You don’t have to learn to use the Offline Map App, just download and start the app.
- USEFUL: The Offline Map App is very informative and you may check it yourself! It includes topical articles from Wikipedia - the online encyclopedia, edited and prepared for you by our editors to use offline in our application without Internet connection.
- COMPASS FEATURE: New compass feature helps users orient themselves while navigating in new destination.
- ADDRESS SEARCH: Find cities, streets, houses with our easy-to-use super search feature.
- POINTS OF INTEREST SEARCH: Filter and search any places - point of interest (POI) on our map based on categories such as restaurants, bars, night clubs, museums, parks and more.
- GET DIRECTIONS: Show routes to any point on the map - address, bookmark, POI (bar, café etc.)
- SAVE BOOKMARKS: Easily save current location to bookmarks and display it on the map anytime.
- MAPS ARE AVAILABLE OFFLINE: Download and store the entire map data in your mobile phone locally, and use the map without internet connection. There are no roaming charges, as long as the application is completely offline and it doesn’t use internet to access the data at all. Maps work anywhere!
- NO MOBILE ROAMING CHARGES: Offline map - means no online connection and no internet roaming – no payments for using maps. Application stores maps on SD flash card or internal memory of your mobile device and uses them every time you start it, so it works without internet.
- DETAILED VECTOR HIGH RESOULTION 17xZOOM: The app uses VECTOR maps, vector data means that you will get maximum detail and zoom, maximum coverage with a small map file - that is why our 17xZOOM is very detailed. It allows zooming-in with high resolution.
- LOCATE YOURSELF: Detect your precise location with the GPS function. Your location will be shown on our offline map.
- FAST: It is a fast map app. Zoom works fast, navigation is fast. We use data compression “know-how” algorithm to make the application work fast.
- UP-TO-DATE MAPS: The maps are fresh and updated as long as we use OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, edited and supported by half a million of people all over the world. Our Offline Map App uses only fresh data.
- FREE UPDATES: You will get absolutely free updates forever as we add new versions.
The ultimate travel guide comes to your device, with offline viewing. This guide has:
- all the must see locations, including pictures, details and an offline map
- offline maps, at 4 levels, so you can find your way without internet access
- all the country info you need to know before you go
- all the annual events you should go to if you can
- an offline version of the wikitravel page
- the current local time
- the exchange rate
- the local weather
The Skellig Coast encompasses the area between Kells and Castlecove, the most beautiful part of the ‘Ring of Kerry’.
From Skellig Michael Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to the Rugged Headlands, Dramatic Mountains and Sandy Blue Flag Beaches…we have it all.
Come and visit to experience the friendliness and hospitality of the local people, share in our history, folklore and music. Magic holiday memories are made here!
The Skellig Coast App can help you plan your holiday to the Skellig Coast and works best using wi-fi. With the touch of the screen, you can use it to find a place to Stay or find Things to See and Do and get directions with our Maps and GPS.
With the touch of a button, you can also share your holiday experiences with family & friends on facebook and twitter
Best of all, you can call, email or go to the website of each tourism business directly from the App to save you time and make that booking fast and on the go !!!!
- Archaeological & Historical Sites
- Skellig Michael, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Derrynane House and National Park
- Tetrapod Tracks – 350 million years old
- Valentia Island Heritage Centre
- Geokaun Mountain and Foher Cliffs, Valentia Island
- Atlantic Telegraph Cable
- The Skellig Experience
- Valentia Slate Quarry & Grotto
- Old Barracks Heritage Centre, Cahersiveen
- Daniel O’Connell Memorial Church
- Ballycarbery Castle
- Cahergal , Leacanabuaile and Loher Ring Forts
- Eightercua Stone Row, Waterville
- Beentee Loop Walk, Cahersiveen
- Knocknadobar Mountain & Stations of the Cross
- The Kerry Way
- Bolus Head Loop Walk, Ballinskelligs
DRIVING AND CYCLING
- The Skellig Ring
- Bealach Oisin
- Ring of Kerry
- Skellig Bay Golf Course
- Dooks & Waterville Golf Links
- Ring of Kerry & Killorglin Golf Courses
Courses available from beginner to experienced for Surfing, Diving, Swimming, Kayaking, Sailing & Coasteering.
ANGLING - FISHING
- Some of the best sea angling & game fishing in Europe.
- Bass, Salmon & Trout in abundance.
- Boat Trips
- Horse Riding & Pony Trekking
- Bird Watching Walks
- Gardens & Farms
- Sub-Tropical Gardens at Kells and Glanleam, Valentia Island
- Sheep Dog Trials at Kells Sheep Centre
- Pet Farm
- Valentia Ice-cream & Dairy Farm
EVENTS happening all year round including
- Celtic Festival of Music & The Arts, Cahersiveen
- Charlie Chaplin Film Festival, Waterville
- Sea Shanty Festival, Portmagee
- New Year’s Eve Festival, Portmagee
- King Scallop Festival, Valentia
- Traditional Regattas during the Summer
- Ballinskelligs Country Market, Café Cois Trá
ARTS AND CRAFT
The Skellig Coast is a haven for many local, creative arts & crafts producers, potters, ceramicists, artists, sculptors, weavers & photographers, all with their own studios, retail outlets and workshops.
- from Chocolate Making, St Finans Bay
- to Candle Making, Valentia Island
- to Tech Amergin Arts Centre, Waterville
PUBS, RESTAURANTS, ACCOMODATION and ENTERTAINMENT
The Skellig Coast has a wide range of award winning accommodation, restaurants, cafes, pubs & hotels, to suit all budgets & tastes.
From camp sites to hotels and from Bed and Breakfasts to hostels, the Skellig Coast has it all. Entertainment is available locally and nightly including Bands, Concerts, Dancing, Traditional Music Sessions and more.
Come visit us !
For More Info and Offers, please visit us on
BROWSE hundreds of hiking routes throughout Northern Ireland and find one that meets your needs, interests and is suitable for you. Using your phones GPS, our App will help give you directions to the walking route, allow you to follow the route and find nearby points of interest.
Each walking route contains FREE essential information such as both a summary and a detailed description of the route, a map, directions to the route, key facts, users ratings/comments and photos in addition to nearby activities, attractions, accommodation and shops/restaurants, all located by GPS on the go!
Planning the walk, the App will give you local weather forecasts for the walk location and the sunrise and sunset times.
SHARE your comments, walk rating and photos of your experiences via Facebook, Twitter and Email with you family and friends, all on the go! Maybe while on top of a mountain?
SAVE your favourite walking routes on your phone for future use with no need for wifi or mobile signal when you’re out and about! The number of walks which can be saved on your phone is limited when using the FREE app version. Coming soon you will be able to Upgrade to the Pro version for an introductory low price of £1.49. You will get unlimited storage of your favourite walks on your phone, no advertising, many other great functions and all future Pro upgrades for FREE. App upgrades will be available soon in Favourite section of App.
FEATURED WALKS. For a small fee, starting from only £0.49, you can also buy our Featured Walks which contain detailed information. We have two FREE featured walks to let you sample our quality maps and other premium features. These popular walks contain:
- a detailed ordnance survey map of the walk
- on this map you will also have points of interest and a profile of the walking route indicating the ascent and descent along its length
- detailed research into local history and knowledge of the walk
- key points of interest all of which can be located using the phones GPS
- all key facts and statistics for the walk
- directions to the walk start and other local services
- key waypoints for navigations along the walk (available for most)
- Geo-tagged photos
- a view of the route on Google Maps and Google Earth (coming soon)
- a GPS/GPX file of the walking route for use on a handheld GPS device (coming soon)
So go and enjoy the outdoors and look our for our other Apps coming soon!