- Ireland In Depth: the background info that you need to have before you go.
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks.
- Complete city guides for the most important destinations, with sights, restaurants, things to do and a city map.
- Mini guides for less important destinations.
- Irish language phrasebook.
** Nothern Ireland is not included in this guide. We do have a separate Belfast guide **
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate
It contains an OFFLINE database of points of interest including, bars, museums as well as popular tourist attractions.
With help from your GPS and location service, it will indicate the disance and direction to the nearest point of interest.
This application operates completely offline meaning you don't have to connect to the internet to locate the destination.
Optional links will locate the spot precisely in Google Maps and open a web page describing the location. This functionality will require an internet connection.
We hope you like it and hope you have a great visit in the emerald isle! With this application you will always know how far you are from Tipperary!
If you like it, send me a postcard!
App works offline so no roaming charges. App is free, forever and no in-app advertising. Your device must support Google Play Services in order for the maps view to work.
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/thingstodoirela.
Please let us know about events in your area and we will let the world know for you!
At a glance
• FREE app
• Works offline and no surprise roaming/data charges
• Easy to use
• Saves you time and money on the move
• 14,000 listings preloaded for accommodation, events, food and more
• Be notified of special offers on local products and services
• Use book marks to help plan your journey
• Virtually move to another location to see what’s awaiting you elsewhere
• See Ireland through interactive maps
• Use Compass view to get seamless directions to a preferred destination
It’s Ireland in your pocket. So, go on, download the app today and whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor, get a handle on what’s happening in Ireland with the Discover Ireland app.
Whilst Discover Ireland has tried to ensure that this app performs well across a wide variety of Android devices we cannot guarantee optimum performance across all Android platforms. This app will run across multiple types of hardware with different processors and different speeds and you’re in app experience will be governed by this capability. Please note that not all Android smartphones can install all Android apps.
It is recommended that a mid-to-high range Android phone is used to enjoy the Discover Ireland app to its full potential. Example phones are: Samsung Galaxy: S2, S3, S4, Note I, Note II, S4 Mini, S III Mini, Express, HTC: One, One S, One X, One Mini, Sony Xperia: Z, T, SP, S, J, Huawei Ascend: P2, P6
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Buy | Contact | Respect | Stay Safe | Driving in Ireland | Units Conversion
1. Ireland: History | Geography | Climate | Religion | Politics | Culture | Language | Transportation | Top 10 Attractions
2. By Area: Republic of Ireland | Northern Ireland | Counties | Regions | Cities | Other Destinations
3. Maps: Ireland | Geography | Transportation | Regions & Roads | Counties | Aran Islands | Top Attractions
3.1 Dublin: City | Motorways | Rail | DART system
3.2 Other Cities: Belfast | Cork | Galway | Derry | Kilkenny | Letterkenny
4. Dublin: History | Economy | Culture | Climate | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Get out
4.1 Transport: Get in | Get around | Airport | Port | Port Tunnel | Bus | Suburban Rail | Rapid Transit
4.2 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy
4.3 Landmarks: Museums | Theatres | Places of Worship | Buildings & Structures | Streets & Squares | Open Areas | Castles | Statues | Pubs
5. Belfast: History | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Transport | Stay Safe | Get out
5.1 Attractions: Map | Top 10 | See | Do | Buy
6. Other Cities: Cork | Derry | Galway | Kilkenny | Letterkenny | Limerick | Sligo | Waterford | Wexford
7. Other Destinations: Aran Islands | Brú Na Bóinne | Bunratty Castle | The Burren | Carlow | Carrowmore | Cliffs of Moher | Connemara | Dingle Peninsula | Dromineer | Giant's Causeway | Glendalough | Iveragh Peninsula | Kinsale | Lakes of Killarney | Lough Corrib | Ring of Kerry | Valentia Island | Western Way
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
The ultimate travel guide comes to your device, with offline viewing. This guide has:
- all the must see locations, including pictures, details and an offline map
- offline maps, at 4 levels, so you can find your way without internet access
- all the country info you need to know before you go
- all the annual events you should go to if you can
- an offline version of the wikitravel page
- the current local time
- the exchange rate
- the local weather
The app is provided by the National Transport Authority in partnership with Dublin City Council
• Access Real Time Passenger information from Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas, Dart and Irish Rail Commuter and Intercity services.
• See up to date information of when your Bus/Luas/Train will be at a Stop or Station
• View Stops and Routes on a map and navigate through the map for additional stops and information.
• Setup Favourites so that you can access the Real Time Passenger Information for your regular stops quickly.
• Create Reminders to notify you when the bus is approaching your stop, or when you are near a certain bus stop.
• Access Travel Updates for Dublin Bus/Bus Éireann/Luas and Irish Rail so that you can stay up to date.
Please note: The National Real Time service is currently being improved and expanded in order to ensure more and more stops have real time data. We welcome your feedback about this app, via the “feedback” button on the app.
The National Transport Authority is working with Bus Éireann to expand real time information to all Bus Éireann bus stops. Real Time Information for other bus operators will be incorporated into the app when such data becomes available.
The perfect iPhone guide for anyone planning a holiday in Ireland.
Browse all our members and get detailed information about each campsite including facilities, size and opening times.
Use the interactive map to locate sites near you. Find your favourites and plan your perfect holiday.
This Whiskey Trail app will not only help you discover the distilleries of Ireland, but also the finest Irish pubs, hotels and whiskey shops, where you can enjoy the very best in Irish whiskey and Irish hospitality. It is a call and challenge to smell, see, taste, talk and capture the magic and enchantment of whiskey - The Irish way!
With more than 30 different places across the country to chose from, there is something for everyone on the Ireland Whiskey Trail. Relax and share some Irish "craic" with informed locals in some of the nicest bars and pubs in Ireland. Enjoy the hospitality of some of the very best hotels in the country, where an excellent selection of whiskeys await you. Or stock up on familiar and not so familiar brands in our finest whiskey shops, where trained staff will inform and advise you.
Ireland and its whiskeys is very much about a different pace of life - so enjoy your trip, relax and remember to drink responsibly and in moderation. Ireland and the Irish are looking forward to welcoming you on this Whiskey Trail, to share their whiskey, their stories and your company!
• Search for nearby locations on the Ireland Whiskey Trail.
• Find out all about the locations on our Trail with information on the location, contact details and photos as well as information on local attractions and some insider tips!
• Find out all about the Ireland Whiskey Trail and what we are about.
• Bookmark your favourite locations.
• Available in English, French and German languages.
Follow us on Facebook:
LOCAL INFO IN YOUR POCKET - NO STRESS ON A RIDE
You need a repair? Lunch? Water? A taxi? All attractions, local useful services and their contact details are 1 click away. Kilometre markers let you quickly check distances while offline. No more stress on a ride.
NO NEED TO CHECK MAPS
It gives you turn-by-turn directions referencing visual cues, for example "turn left by the church and go up the hill through two crossroads". No need to check the map.
NO MORE GETTING LOST
Worried you missed a turn? One glance tells you that you are still on the route, so it's up ahead. No need to check the map. If you do miss it, you will be alerted straightaway - no more getting lost.
NO BARRIERS TO FANTASTIC RIDES
It's designed to be carried in your pocket and to conserve battery life. All features, including the map, can be used offline. You only check it when you need to.
Please note that the offline map is only available on devices that run Android 4.4 (Kitkat). This restriction is due to performance issues. All devices can access the online map.
Download the app, pick a route, travel to the start and you are ready to go - it's that simple.
GET INSPIRED TO CYCLE IRELAND
Each of the 100 routes has a photo gallery (with up to 28 photos), video, description and useful tips for getting there. Or you can pick a route on cycleireland.ie and then use the app on your ride.
The app and site feature 50 looped routes and 50 linear routes, from 9 to 190 kilometres. It has something for everyone. Our routes go through Ireland's most scenic areas and past hundreds of top attractions. Pick the sections you want to ride or use them as inspiration for your own routes. If you want to cycle in new places in Ireland, this is the app for you.
The Ireland Travel Kit takes you to places rarely covered by guidebooks and travel shows. It’s a fun, informative companion for trip planning, road trips, and conversations.
- Read suggestions and accounts from locals and experienced travelers
- Explore sites in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Includes often-missed sites on the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, Connemara Loop, Wicklow Mountains, Dublin City, and Causeway Coast.
- Visit over 425 destinations with more than 150 Ireland Travel Kit "Picks" overflowing with original content
- View by map and get directions from your current location
- Dig a little deeper with photos and links to more information for every listing
- Stream samples of great Irish music and podcasts from our playlists
- Submit photos of your favorite places
- Enjoy new destinations every week as we continuously grow our collection of unique places
- Find our editors' favorites with new "picks" featured every week
- Use this app while connected to the internet to gather the most recent updates and explore app features
It has sussed the best ways to visit Ireland with kids so you don't have to do the legwork:
* Packed with cool places kids will just love to visit.
* It's like having a bunch of native kids show you the best stuff to do in this magical country.
* Quirky car games to keep them amused and engaged with the trip along the way.
* A full nationwide listing of free outdoor play areas.
* Scavenger hunts and car bingo will get you working as a team so you get the most of your family time together.
* A whole community of other app users who can pass on their tips and experiences to you.
It's all covered from:
* County-by-county listings.
* The best local sweets (candy).
* Pit stops on long journeys.
* Cracking videos to show you how it's done.
* Slide shows to whet your appetite.
* And remember those songs your uncle Pat used to murder at weddings? Well they're here too including one hilarious version of 'Danny Boy'!
★ About the Author ★
As a former film producer, location scout, tour-bus guide, blogger, teacher and now mother of two, Ann Brehony has learned a few things about working with a difficult audience. From experience, she knows there is no tougher crowd than a car full of cranky kids. She is passionate about where she lives and wants to share the gems hidden under the skin of the Irish landscape and its people. She has looked at her country through the eyes of her kids and has come up with the most kid-friendly way to enjoy this enchanting island.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Going to Ireland? Try this FREE & OFFLINE travel guide with cities, attractions, road map, local prices, tips and reviews added by hikers.
Join Hikersbay family, community of more than 10 000 000 travelers who use our apps and share articles, reviews, photos and recommendations.
• Available in 15 languages.
• 100% free and offline (no roaming charges)
• Best mobile travel guide 2013 - ACS Awards Winner.
This app offers you complete offline city guides for:
Dublin, Belfast, Cork, Killarney, Galway, Kilkenny, Dingle, Blarney, Doolin, Limerick, Waterford and other travel destinations in Ireland.
Features of the Ireland Travel Guide by Hikersbay:
• Top cities & regions in Ireland
• List of attractions with multi-language descriptions and photos
• Currency converter & local prices comparison (71 curriencies)
• 14 days weather forecast with offline mode
• Travel reviews & social recommendation
• Multiple languages supported (15 languages)
• Best Trips, Adventures, and To Do
• Cheap hotel booking and car hire
What people say:
• "Very handy. For years when I toured Paris, I lugged around a folded paper city map. Later I toured with a small thick book of arr.maps. Now it's on my pad!"
• "Awesome! This app provides all the things you need. No agresive adds and doesn't need network connection at all. Really helpful."
• "Absolutely good. When we had our vacation in Hong Kong it really helps me a lot. I recommend this apps to people who want to go to HK. Great work!"
• "Great app, easy to use. Try to use this application for great guide going to different places you like."
With this app you get access to FREE guided walking tour around the most important and characteristic places in: Dublin, Cork and Munster. The range of free services may vary.
Warnings take the form of a notification message which will appear in the the device’s notification bar and can be used to reopen the application if it is hidden. The device will vibrate, the default notification sound will play, and the LED (if one exists) will flash. The notification will disappear once the device is out of range of the speed van zone.
There is an additional function to search for a location and the map will display the speed van zones for that area which may be useful when planning a trip!
Internet access is required if you wish to view the maps, however this is not needed in order to receive speed van zone warnings. GPS is not essential but it is recommended for an accurate reading of the device location.
Certain application settings can be changed to the user’s preferences. Warnings may be turned on or off, and the frequency of GPS updates may be adjusted in order to preserve battery life. The default zoom level of the map can also be adjusted.
This application is free and contains no ads. It was developed for a college assignment so please leave feedback and comments about your experience using it, both good and bad. Also if you could submit bug reports for any problems that you have or send me a mail to the address below I would really appreciate it! :)
Get the latest status of a flight and search by origin/destination, airline and flight number. Get further information including departure/arrival at foreign location and duration and distance of the flight.
Check on the latest weather with a 7 day weather forecast for each airport.
Check the latest news from each Airport via Twitter feeds.
View the airports location on Google maps and get navigation directions from your current position using the native navigation app.
Easily contact the airport via phone and email and access their website from with the application. And share flight details from the phone.
Contains Arrival/Departure and weather information for:
Belfast International airport
Belfast City airport
Derry City airport
*Please note data is taken from airport websites so is only as up to date as the information supplied, please contact the airline if you are unsure of a particular flights status.
*In app purchases are only used in you would like to make a donation to say thanks and help fund future development
TravelBuddy Ireland is an online and mobile app solution that allows visitors to book tickets to activities tours & attractions all over Ireland either prior to departure or while they are on the go on their smart device. TravelBuddy offers the widest choice of things to do all over Ireland.
The Skellig Coast encompasses the area between Kells and Castlecove, the most beautiful part of the ‘Ring of Kerry’.
From Skellig Michael Island, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to the Rugged Headlands, Dramatic Mountains and Sandy Blue Flag Beaches…we have it all.
Come and visit to experience the friendliness and hospitality of the local people, share in our history, folklore and music. Magic holiday memories are made here!
The Skellig Coast App can help you plan your holiday to the Skellig Coast and works best using wi-fi. With the touch of the screen, you can use it to find a place to Stay or find Things to See and Do and get directions with our Maps and GPS.
With the touch of a button, you can also share your holiday experiences with family & friends on facebook and twitter
Best of all, you can call, email or go to the website of each tourism business directly from the App to save you time and make that booking fast and on the go !!!!
- Archaeological & Historical Sites
- Skellig Michael, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Derrynane House and National Park
- Tetrapod Tracks – 350 million years old
- Valentia Island Heritage Centre
- Geokaun Mountain and Foher Cliffs, Valentia Island
- Atlantic Telegraph Cable
- The Skellig Experience
- Valentia Slate Quarry & Grotto
- Old Barracks Heritage Centre, Cahersiveen
- Daniel O’Connell Memorial Church
- Ballycarbery Castle
- Cahergal , Leacanabuaile and Loher Ring Forts
- Eightercua Stone Row, Waterville
- Beentee Loop Walk, Cahersiveen
- Knocknadobar Mountain & Stations of the Cross
- The Kerry Way
- Bolus Head Loop Walk, Ballinskelligs
DRIVING AND CYCLING
- The Skellig Ring
- Bealach Oisin
- Ring of Kerry
- Skellig Bay Golf Course
- Dooks & Waterville Golf Links
- Ring of Kerry & Killorglin Golf Courses
Courses available from beginner to experienced for Surfing, Diving, Swimming, Kayaking, Sailing & Coasteering.
ANGLING - FISHING
- Some of the best sea angling & game fishing in Europe.
- Bass, Salmon & Trout in abundance.
- Boat Trips
- Horse Riding & Pony Trekking
- Bird Watching Walks
- Gardens & Farms
- Sub-Tropical Gardens at Kells and Glanleam, Valentia Island
- Sheep Dog Trials at Kells Sheep Centre
- Pet Farm
- Valentia Ice-cream & Dairy Farm
EVENTS happening all year round including
- Celtic Festival of Music & The Arts, Cahersiveen
- Charlie Chaplin Film Festival, Waterville
- Sea Shanty Festival, Portmagee
- New Year’s Eve Festival, Portmagee
- King Scallop Festival, Valentia
- Traditional Regattas during the Summer
- Ballinskelligs Country Market, Café Cois Trá
ARTS AND CRAFT
The Skellig Coast is a haven for many local, creative arts & crafts producers, potters, ceramicists, artists, sculptors, weavers & photographers, all with their own studios, retail outlets and workshops.
- from Chocolate Making, St Finans Bay
- to Candle Making, Valentia Island
- to Tech Amergin Arts Centre, Waterville
PUBS, RESTAURANTS, ACCOMODATION and ENTERTAINMENT
The Skellig Coast has a wide range of award winning accommodation, restaurants, cafes, pubs & hotels, to suit all budgets & tastes.
From camp sites to hotels and from Bed and Breakfasts to hostels, the Skellig Coast has it all. Entertainment is available locally and nightly including Bands, Concerts, Dancing, Traditional Music Sessions and more.
Come visit us !
For More Info and Offers, please visit us on
BROWSE hundreds of hiking routes throughout Northern Ireland and find one that meets your needs, interests and is suitable for you. Using your phones GPS, our App will help give you directions to the walking route, allow you to follow the route and find nearby points of interest.
Each walking route contains FREE essential information such as both a summary and a detailed description of the route, a map, directions to the route, key facts, users ratings/comments and photos in addition to nearby activities, attractions, accommodation and shops/restaurants, all located by GPS on the go!
Planning the walk, the App will give you local weather forecasts for the walk location and the sunrise and sunset times.
SHARE your comments, walk rating and photos of your experiences via Facebook, Twitter and Email with you family and friends, all on the go! Maybe while on top of a mountain?
SAVE your favourite walking routes on your phone for future use with no need for wifi or mobile signal when you’re out and about! The number of walks which can be saved on your phone is limited when using the FREE app version. Coming soon you will be able to Upgrade to the Pro version for an introductory low price of £1.49. You will get unlimited storage of your favourite walks on your phone, no advertising, many other great functions and all future Pro upgrades for FREE. App upgrades will be available soon in Favourite section of App.
FEATURED WALKS. For a small fee, starting from only £0.49, you can also buy our Featured Walks which contain detailed information. We have two FREE featured walks to let you sample our quality maps and other premium features. These popular walks contain:
- a detailed ordnance survey map of the walk
- on this map you will also have points of interest and a profile of the walking route indicating the ascent and descent along its length
- detailed research into local history and knowledge of the walk
- key points of interest all of which can be located using the phones GPS
- all key facts and statistics for the walk
- directions to the walk start and other local services
- key waypoints for navigations along the walk (available for most)
- Geo-tagged photos
- a view of the route on Google Maps and Google Earth (coming soon)
- a GPS/GPX file of the walking route for use on a handheld GPS device (coming soon)
So go and enjoy the outdoors and look our for our other Apps coming soon!