This reference tool will tell you EXACTLY what you need to do to get into a M.D. school in the United States. This app puts you ahead of the game. It’s an insiders’ guide, created by successful physicians who recently navigated the difficult path to medical school with input from dozens of experts: medical school admissions counselors, current medical students, and even admission committee members.
This app is up-to-date for the 2013 application cycle. If you even think that a career in medicine is where you belong, you need this app!
With this app, you get:
- The most important dos and dont's for getting into medical school
- School Selector to identify which medical schools you should apply to
- Raw admissions data to help determine the strength of your medical school candidacy
- Detailed information on all U.S. M.D. and D.O. schools, as well as Caribbean medical schools
- Checklists to keep your application on track
- Answers to the most common pre-med questions, like:
What should I major in?
Which medical schools should I apply to?
Should I look at D.O. or Caribbean medical schools?
What should I do if my recommendation writer hasn’t turned in my letter?
What am I going to do if I didn’t get into medical school?
What about military medicine?
I am from another country, how can I get into a U.S. medical school?
And much more...
Why you need this app:
1) This year approximately 45,000 students will apply to medical school, and only approximately 1 in 3 students will ultimately be admitted.
2) Simple mistakes can doom otherwise successful applications. We will show you what mistakes to avoid and what exactly admission committee members are looking for when they recommend students for acceptance to their school!
3) This is the ONLY guide available that relies on data and insight from those in the know, offering you a condensed, quantitative, and objective approach to your biggest pre-med questions. Just like medicine relies on evidence to make decisions, this is an evidence-based guide.
4) While hard work and dedication is the best recipe for success, there are mistakes that even the best students make in the admissions process that can make or break their application. This app will help you avoid those mistakes.
5) Not all pre-medical advisors are created equal, and not all pre-medical students have access to quality pre-medical advising. This app can even the playing field for you, giving you top quality pre-medical advising.
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail or call us. We will try to add your recommendations to our next release!
Keywords: md, do, medical, medicine, med, school, college, physician, dr, admissions, pre, med, calculator, amcas, msar, rank, apply, mcat, gpa, guide, post, bac
Medical students: get an edge up when competing with your colleagues for those Honors scores! Learn how to take accurate and complete patient histories and perform detailed physical examinations. Uncertain how to clearly and concisely communicate your findings with your preceptor? Our innovative tool will help you to present like a pro!
This is a great tool for all medical professions students. H&P PRO takes you through the entire process of building patient histories, completing physical exams, developing progress notes, and presenting your findings to your supervisor. The unique database contains the very best in current methods and procedures that all medical professionals are expected to follow. The automatic progress note generator creates exactly what would go in a chart; just copy and paste it if you need a written presentation.
H&P PRO is designed to replace those big physical diagnosis textbooks. As a bonus feature, our video guides will lead you through the correct way to perform each of the essential elements of the physical exam.
SMA exists within the device's memory, acting as a comprehensive pocket guide for medical clinicians while in private practice or in remote areas in the United States or around the world – no WiFi connection required for use.
Product Features --
* Comprehensive guide to medical histories, physical examination and documentation of findings
* Instruction guides assist you in each element of history-taking and physical examination
*First application to translate checklist findings into grammatically correct progress note for presentation
* Video tutorials provide detailed instruction in correctly performing physical examination components
New Version 1.2.7 (22-Jul-13)
Fix for "Can't play this video" errors
New Version 1.2.0 (6-Jun-12)
Video guides for each of the essential elements of a physical
New Version 1.1.1! (16-Apr-2012)
* New Module - Breast Exam
Ability to purchase 7 more modules
* Review of Systems (ROS)
* Screen Neurological
* Significant speed and stability improvements
*View pages by system & year group
*Faster page load times
*Bookmark your favourite pages
*Edit on the go
* "Did you know?" medical facts
*Diseases- signs, symptoms, management
Designed by mHealthful
DISCLAIMER: The MBBS Wiki is provided as an aid to learning in the medical environment, and not for use by the public. Inaccuracies may be present, and if in doubt, consult a qualified doctor, do *NOT* use this app in place of medical advice. Further information at mbbswiki.co.uk/index.php?title=MBBS_Wiki:General_disclaimer
The World Health Organisation(WHO)published the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist and Implementation Manual in 2008 in order to increase the safety of patients undergoing surgery.
As the worldwide incidences of traumatic injuries, cancers and cardiovascular disease continue to rise, the impact of surgical intervention on public health systems continues to grow. The WHO has undertaken a number of global and regional initiatives to address surgical safety. The Global Initiative for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care and the Guidelines for Essential Trauma Care focussed on access and quality. The Second Global Patient Safety Challenge: Safe Surgery Saves Lives addresses the safety of surgical care. The World Alliance for Patient Safety initiated work on the Challenge in January 2007. The checklist essentially identifies three distinct phases of an operation, each corresponding to a specific period in the normal flow of work: Before the induction of anaesthesia, before the incision of the skin, and before the patient leaves the operating facility. In each phase, a checklist coordinator must confirm that the surgical team has completed the listed tasks before it proceeds with the procedure. The intention of such a checklist is to systematically and efficiently ensure that all conditions are optimum for patient safety, and that all staff are identifiable and accountable, and errors in patient identity, site and type of procedure are avoided completely. By following a few critical steps, health care professionals can minimize the most common and avoidable risks endangering the lives and well-being of surgical patients.
Restrictions of free version
- Not allowed to interact with personal data of patients.
- Not allowed to interact with the data from the hospital. - Not be stored more than a checklist.
- No handwritten signature from specialists that perform the surgical procedure.
- It is not possible to generate the final checklist done in pdf format.
- There are commercial ads.
- Requires Internet conection.
TAGS: Surgery, Safety, CheckList, WHO, World Health Organisation, Health, Patient, Care, Nurse, Doctor, Surgeon, Anaesthesia, Allergy.
Learning the elements of a physical exam can be daunting. Pocket PEx provides a quick reference for early learners, enabling them to rapidly review the components of a regional exam, as well as the order in which the elements can be performed. There is a lot of room for flexibility and variations are common (i.e. there is not a single "best" way to
do this). The key aspects are highlighted, recognizing that there are always
things that might be added or removed based on the clinical circumstances.
While the exam areas are presented as "modules" (e.g. vital signs, head
and neck, eye, etc), clinicians typically link together components that make the
most sense for a particular situation. The final check lists (comprehensive
exams) present most of the elements tied together in an organized fashion, one
that allows the examiner to be efficient as they move from one skill to the
THIS APP IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NONE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS APP SHOULD BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT. PLEASE READ FULL DISCLAIMER IN THE APP. IF YOU HAVE ANY CLINICAL OR MEDICAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN. BY USING THIS APP, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL YOU HOLD THE AUTHORS OR THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS APP.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE APP
The free Skyscape app comes loaded with a valuable package of medical resources, including drug information, medical calculators and clinical information on over 850 topics.
•More than 600 premium resources in 35 medical specialties are available for purchase from within this one convenient app.
•Robust features include SmartLink™, Skyscape’s proprietary cross-reference functionality; medical calculators; algorithms; interactive images; flowcharts; and frequent content updates.
INCLUDED FOR FREE
•Skyscape Rx: Comprehensive information on thousands of brands and generics, with interactions (including multi-drug analyzer tool), pill images and over 400 integrated dosing calculators.
•Skyscape Clinical Calculator: Medical calculator with more than 200 interactive tools, organized by specialty.
•Skyscape Clinical Consult: Evidence-based clinical information on hundreds of diseases and symptom-related topics, presented in convenient outline format.
•MedBeats™: In-context and specialty-focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and other information, fully integrated with the app’s global search and SmartLink.
Skyscape has partnered with more than 50 respected publishers and content providers to offer a virtual “greatest hits” of the most trusted medical resources, regularly updated to ensure you have the most current information at your fingertips. Popular premium resources include:
•5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC)
•Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual
•Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
•Rosen and Barkin's 5 Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
•Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
•Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy
•Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
•The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
•Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
POWERFUL TOOLS TURN INFORMATION INTO ACTION
•SmartLink™ – Empowers your natural thought process by cross-referencing all consulted resources, from initial patient interaction to diagnosing, treating and prescribing.
•Content Updates – Skyscape resources are continuously updated so you can be confident that you have the most up-to-date available.
•SmartSearch™ – Patented dynamic search finds the information you need, even when you don’t know where to look.
•Algorithms – Clinical decision trees guide diagnosis and treatment choices.
•Integrated Calculators – Power on-screen calculations directly from your research topic.
•Flowcharts – Transform complex algorithms and protocols from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools.
•Full Color Images – Bring conditions to life and incorporate clickable “hotspots” to identify structures.
•Signs & Symptoms Index – Matches a comprehensive checklist of symptoms with possible diagnoses.
Skyscape customer support is always available to help get you up and running, available by email or phone (see http://www.skyscape.com/support).
At Doctella, we believe that better communication between patients and their health care team will make medical care safer, more effective and easier to navigate.
With help from experts at Johns Hopkins, leading surgeons, and patient advocates, Doctella provides you with innovative tools that will help you become more informed and engaged in your care.
• The Doctella Checklist is a customized checklist of questions and a to-do list specific to your procedure. Use the Doctella checklist throughout your timeline of care: before surgery, day of surgery, after surgery and when you are heading home.
• The Patient Passport is a place where you can store important information to share with your doctor such as: your personal history, allergies you may have and current medications.
Doctella tools help you engage in more productive and meaningful conversations with your doctor, leading to safer and more effective care.
Doctella is your partner on the road to recovery.
Keywords: medical checklist, patient passport