When running on Cupcake (Android 1.5) and beyond, it simply acts as a toggle utility for the "Wireless Controls | Wi-Fi Settings | Menu | Advanced | Wi-Fi Sleep Policy" setting (between "When screen turns off" and "Never").
Internet Lock helps you password protect your Data Connection or Wifi Connection easily.
Have you ever incurred inflated Internet bills for Data Connection or Wifi because your toddler accidentally clicked on some ads while playing on your mobile
OR your kids/friends delibrately used your Wifi/Data Connection for downloading movies/games/videos.
If any of above scenario is your problem, then Internet Lock is FOR YOU!!!
Internet Lock enables you to protect your Wifi and Data Connection by setting up a secret PIN. Nobody will be able to connect Wifi/Data Connection unless they know the secret PIN.
Simple, Effective and Lightweight!
It does not require complex configurations or anything, you can just install the application, setup a pin and get protected in seconds. It is very lightweight and requires very less disk space and memory.
- Security can be temporarily disabled if the user wants. That is, if you think nobody else is going to use your device then you can just turn off the security by going to settings. By doing this, you will not have to enter your PIN each time you connect to your Wifi/Data connection.
- User has the option to protect Wifi Only, Data Connection Only or BOTH. Useful in situations if you have an unlimited plan at your home or office, you can simply disable Wifi protection.
password protect data connection, password protect wifi, lock wifi, lock data connection, lock internet, block internet, block data connection, block wifi access.
For a full explanation of why SkipLock was created, see this blog post: http://benhirashima.com/posts/the-rebirth-of-unlock-with-wifi/
This app is NOT the unlock key for SkipLock. Do not buy this app if you want to use SkipLock.
Tired of entering your password every time you turn on your phone? Unlock With WiFi™ unlocks your phone when you're connected to your home WiFi network. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?
Unlock With WiFi is the leading password convenience app on the market. It's focus is on reliability, quality, and a great user experience. The setup wizard makes it easy to setup, and helpful dialogs are displayed if something isn't quite right.
How it works:
When you get home and connect to your WiFi network, your device will unlock. Then when you leave, and the WiFi disconnects, the device will lock again. You have to enter your password the first time after you connect to your WiFi network. This is so that if someone steals or finds your phone, they can't just bring it to your house to unlock it. After you enter your password once while connected to your WiFi network, you won't have to enter it again until you leave/disconnect. This is great for SMS texting!
You can also set a lock delay, for when you're not at home. The default delay is set to 5 seconds (you can adjust it), so when you turn the screen off, the device won't lock until 5 seconds have passed. That way, if you remember something you forgot to do, you can turn it back on without entering your password. This feature is considered experimental at this time. It works on most devices, but isn't guaranteed to work on all devices.
There are also battery saving options to:
Turn off WiFi when you leave home
Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home
Turn off Bluetooth when you get home
Turn off Auto Sync when you leave home
Turn on Auto Sync when you get home
If you have trouble with this app, please email me. Send an email with Unlock With WiFi in the subject to email@example.com. If it doesn't have Unlock With WiFi in the subject, it will be filtered as spam.
IMPORTANT: To uninstall this app, you must select Uninstall from the menu inside the app. The normal way won't work if device admin mode is enabled.
WARNING: This app doesn't work on some phones. Please read this description carefully, and the FAQ. http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Does not work on Android 5+. However, Android 5.0 has much of SkipLock's functionality built in now.
The app is not compatible with Motorola Skip or Dots.
Do not install this app on the SD card. It will not be secure if you do.
It won't work on phones that have full device encryption enabled.
It won't work if your employer enforces a password policy on your phone. Some corporate Exchange email users have this.
Only PINs and passwords can be used in Android 4.0 and above. Patterns and face unlock are not supported.
Unlock With WiFi is incompatible with some antivirus and battery saver apps. See the FAQ for details.
Make sure to exclude Unlock With WiFi from your task killer apps, or it won't work properly.
See the FAQ for more details http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/faq
Tech support is only available in English.
By downloading this software, you are agreeing to the End User License Agreement, which can be read here: http://benhirashima.com/unlockwithwifi/eula.
1. WiFi off if screen off (White widget)
2. WiFi on if screen off (Green Widget)
3. WiFi on if screen off & charging (Amber Widget)
Delete existing widgets and re-add them to show new icons
The app does _not_:
- Turn on your wi-fi automatically. It just keeps it enabled if you have turned it on yourself through any other automatic or manual means.
- do special things to manage turning off wi-fi. There haven't been any reports of wi-fi not turning off when specified so that is left to Android built-in policies
Explanation for permissions requested:
Modify Global Settings: To modify wi-fi policy settings
View WiFi State: To check current wifi state
Change WiFi State: For a work around that needs to reset your wifi connection on some devices
Prevent phone from sleeping: Some devices need a partial or full wake lock in order to keep the wifi running
Full Internet Access: This is again for a workaround that requires pinging your gateway or another address. Without requesting this permission, the pinging fails. The app DOES NOT use the internet for accessing anything else and DOES NOT send or receive any data to/from the internet.
Receive Boot event: Used to keep the application working across phone reboots if needed.
Reddit username: shantzg001
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
We map - Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
¡Si la contraseña de la red es la que viene por defecto con esta herramienta la obtendrás en cuestión de segundos!
Puedes compartir la clave para que nunca la pierdas.
Soporta las siguientes redes:WLAN_XXXX, JAZZTEL_XXXX, WLAN_6X, YaCom_6X,Megared-XXXX, AXTEL-XXXX,, InterCable6X, InterCableXXXX, INFINITUM6X, INFINITUMXXXX, MAXCOMXXXX
Los algoritmos usados por esta aplicación son de dominio público.
WiFi Overview 360 is not only a WLAN Scanner, which shows all WLANs in range, the app is much more.
This app is a "Swiss Army Knife" for WLAN.
With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not) in your environment.
The tab "Ch check" (channel checker) and "Ch. radar" (channel radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.
Main features are:
- wlan scanner
- detailed wlan information
- add WLANs manually
- endless list of known WLANs (previously limited to 16)
- graphical representation of all wireless networks in the operating range
- channel checker for the best channel choice
- included 2x1 widget
- Android 4.x support
- Tablet support
- WLAN Internet connection check
- and much more ...
The "Pro" version contains no ad, have more widgets, have a powerful "WiFi Detector", can set "Quick connect shortcuts", can set WLAN priority and is a little recognition for my work.
This plugin/tool supports direct connections via HTTP over WiFi/WLAN between two Android devices, or between Android (Server) and any device or computer with a Web browser or WebDAV client.
It creates a local Web+WebDAV server. The server URL can either be scanned as a QR-Code, or entered manually.
Although this is mainly a plugin for Total Commander, it can also be used standalone: Simply select some files in any file manager, or text, or an URL, and then use the "share" function to send it to the WiFi plugin. This will start a server and show the URL and QR-Code for the server.
Great to transfer data locally between two Android devices without going through the cloud! Your data will never leave your own wireless LAN network.
Note: Both devices need to be in the same WiFi network. If the sender isn't part of a WiFi network, this tool will offer to create its own access point, or start a WiFi direct connection. Other devices can then connect to this network to transfer data. If you scan the QR-Code from a copy of the WiFi plugin, the connection will be established automatically, and closed automatically when disconnecting.
Free version is available, it is advised you try it first to confirm the app works fully on your device.
Extra features included in this (full) version:
+ Widget to quickly enable/disable
+ Customisable timeout
+ Option to ignore timeout when device is charging
+ Fully customisable 'Auto Disable Grace Period'
• Stops wifi disconnecting when screen is turned off
• Optional timeout so you don't accidentally leave the phone awake for too long
• Ability to automatically disable wifi if you get disconnected from your wireless Access point (e.g. out of range)
• No ads!
Please Note: This app uses a wake-lock to prevent the phone from sleeping, leaving the phone in a wake-state for too long will use excessive battery power.
The Timeout starts from when the screen is turned off, and gets reset when the screen is turned back on.
*EXCLUDE THIS APP FROM ANY AUTOMATIC TASK KILLERS*
*BE SURE TO UN-INSTALL THE FREE VERSION AFTER PURCHASE*
The application shows relevant diagnostic information about an access point such as MAC Address, encryption, signal strength, etc.
On some access points the application tries to guess the access point default password via a public known algorithm.
This app is NOT MEANT to be used as a hacking utility, so I'm not responsible of the usage you make of it.
Here are the 4 steps of the WiFi Max procedure:
Step 1: Make sure that your WiFi access point does not interfere with other access points.
Start the WiFi Max App and see how it scans the WiFi network. Make sure that the painted graphs do not overlap. Consult the user manual of your WiFi access point and change its channel if necessary.
Step 2: Choose a good position for your access point.
Position your mobile device at the location where you use it at most. Start the WiFi Max App and touch the graph of your WiFi channel. Your mobile device will start "beeping". Change the location of your access point (e.g. put it onto a cupboard etc.) until the device beeps as high as possible. The higher the beep the better.
Step 3: Optimize the orientation of the antenna.
Set up your mobile device as described in step 2 and change the direction of the antenna of your access point (if possible). The higher the beep of the mobile device the better.
Step 4: That's it! Enjoy the maximized throughput of your WiFi network!
When multiple wireless networks are available, Android keeps the connection to the current WLAN network until the signal is completely lost, even if the signal is very weak and another WLAN with a much stronger signal is in close proximity.
SmartWLANSelector resolves this weakness.
Features at a glance:
* SmartWLANSelector uses the difference in signal strenght to decide when to connect to the new WLAN, unlike other apps which are using a minimum signal strenght. The connection to the new WLAN will happen if the signal is e.g. 20% stronger (value can be selected) than the current signal
* This eliminates the constant switching beetween 2 WLANs with approximately equal strong signals in their overlapping area
* Different scan intervals (search for the strongest signal) for screen on/off selectable (saves battery)
* Instant signal search when the screen is switched on
* A sleep time with own scan intervals can be configured to save battery power (scan even can be turned off completely)
* Supports multiple APs with the same name (SSID)
* It's possible to exclude specific WIFI networks from scan
* Open, unknown networks are currently not supported
Suppoert for android 5.0 (Lollipop)
Main Features :
- Locking App
- Staying awake (Executing locked App)
- Locking auto screen-rotate (Executing locked App)
- Locking each Picture/Media File
- Locking USB Storage
- Change notification of mobile phone number
You can also specify to automatically turn on WiFi again, if you turn on your device. Also, the app can regularly scan for available networks to connect to and re-disable WiFi if no suitable network is found. This way, you are always connected to your WiFi network when using the device.
This app has a similiar effect like setting the "WiFi sleep policy" in Android to "always", except that you can now exactly define the timeout between turning the screen off and actually turning off WiFi.
* if your device has a cell radio, it might switch to 2G/3G/4G which may consume more power then staying on WiFi
The app is open source: https://github.com/j4velin/WiFi-Automatic
I will show you all the apps that run automatically when you turn on your phone, and on any of the 190+ events that Android triggers in the background. Root users can disable unwanted autostarts and speed up their phone.
Note: Root-Access *is* required to make changes. Otherwise, this application will be read-only.
Note: The new "all device features" superuser permission indicates root access is used; this will be required for all root apps in the future. You will still be asked to confirm root access on an individual basis. See: https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/T9xnMJEnzf1
- Totally effortless, new fresh images appear automatically. No maintenance, just enjoy.
- Offers multiple frames, and multiple sources (nature, history, space, and more...)
- Add as many frames as you like, including on the lock screen.
- You have to ability to view images full screen, and share them.
A variety of sources are used, including Flickr and many sites from the Reddit SFW network (e.g. Earthporn, Cityporn, and others).
The teaser image "El camino de las estrellas" by Oscar Fava.