With Nocca, you can easily make Test script based on Appium by recording the sequence of GUI actions. you can replay the actions in Nocca to compare and examine and export the recorded data into Appium script. To make you free from building and managing complex mobile farm, you can upload your recorded data into AppTest.ai(mobile test cloud service, coming soon) and test on multiple mobile devices with a few clicks.
Nocca records the test app's activity by using Android's Accessiblity and Input Event(/dev/input/eventx). Nocca is directly accessing android's input event device(/dev/input/eventx) which requires Nocca to have strong previlege beyond normal app permission. To maximize the capability and to overcome test recording and replaying limitation, we recommend to use nocca on root privileges phones. Otherwise, in normal phone, you have to use Input Event Daemon with adb connected in USB.
⚫ Detailed usage and Input Event Daemon can be found at the following address.http://www.embian.com/nocca_en.html
- Nocca only records the events of the app you have designated to test. Also, Except for Script Export & upload feature, Nocca has no feature for sending information out of device.
- Any password entered during recording session, will never be saved. When password is required in replay session, it will be asked again every time.
⚫ Nocca's Access Permission Requirement
- Accessiblity Permission is required to receive and to record Accessibility Event.
- Draw over on other apps access is required to activate the drawing events on the test app.
- Media Projection is required to capture the screenshot.
- Storage Access is required to save XML, screenshot, and Appium script export.
- Internet Access is required only for exporting recorded data to AppTest.ai service.