Why buy an already outdated paper pocket reference that will become wrinkled, stained, misplaced and forgotten? For a fraction of the cost of even a basic printed guide, you'll never have to buy another quick reference. And you'll always be up-to-date.
palmEM is an all-in-one, rapid and succinct, evidence based emergency medicine quick reference. Internal medicine, critical care, family practice and urgent care clinicians will also find palmEM useful. The app is continually updated and expanded. Unlike several other references, updates are free and there are no yearly subscription fees.
"Doc APProvED: The relentless search for an emergency medicine app that does it all will inevitably lead to palmEM...a great quick reference for the price."
—Emergency Medicine News
"There is so much in here I don’t know where to begin. The app really seems to cover everything...Could I enthuse about this any more???"
"I was paying hundreds of dollars a year for [another app] but I’ve dumped that now. PalmEM is cheaper, prettier, faster and it’s calculators are easier to use in a hurry."
"Its succinct design works well with either the iPhone or iPad, and because it is a universal app, users needn’t be torn choosing between either well-optimized versions."
✔ ABG Interpretation
✔ ACLS & PALS
✔ Acute Limb Ischemia
✔ Acute Kidney Injury
✔ Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma
✔ Adrenal Insufficiency
✔ Airway & RSI
✔ Aortic Dissection
✔ APAP Overdose
✔ Blood Products
✔ Bowel Obstructions
✔ Brugada Syndrome
✔ Cancer Emergencies
✔ Carbon Monoxide
✔ Coagulopathic Bleeding
✔ Common Derm Problems
✔ CSF Studies
✔ CVA: BP Management, Stroke Scale, tPA
✔ DKA, Diabetes Insipidus, Diabetic Oral Meds
✔ Dermatomes, Myotomes, Reflexes
✔ Ectopic Pregnancy
✔ Electrical Injuries
✔ Electrolyte Derangements
✔ Elevated ICP
✔ Endocarditis/Duke Criteria
✔ Esophageal Foreign Bodies
✔ Gallbladder disease
✔ GI Bleeding
✔ Heart Failure
✔ Heat Stroke
✔ HTN Emergency
✔ Hypothermia & Frostbite
✔ Kanavel's Signs
✔ Kidney Stones
✔ Local Anesthesia
✔ Low Back Pain
✔ MI Complications
✔ Myasthenia Gravis
✔ Myxedema Coma & Thyroid Storm
✔ Neonatal MISFITS
✔ Neutropenic Fever
✔ Procedural Sedation
✔ PE Rules and tPA Indications
✔ Sensory Levels & Strength Testing
✔ Serotonin Syndrome
✔ Shoulder Dystocia
✔ Spinal Cord Injuries
✔ Spontaneous Ab
✔ START Triage
✔ STEMI & NSTEMI
✔ Stroke Syndromes
✔ Suicide Risk Assessment
✔ Synovial Fluid
✔ Teeth Numbering
✔ Unknown Rash Algorithm
✔ UTI and Pyelonephritis
✔ Weber Classification
Clinical Decision Rules:
✔ Appendicitis Score
✔ Centor Criteria
✔ Croup Scoring
✔ C-Spine Rules
✔ Well's DVT Score
✔ Head CT Rules
✔ Ottawa Ankle, Foot, and Knee Rules
✔ Pittsburgh Knee Rules
✔ Pneumonia Scores
✔ Pulmonary Embolism Rules
✔ San Francisco Syncope
✔ Sgarbossa Criteria
✔ TIMI Score
✔ Chest Tube Placement
✔ Diagnostic Peritoneal Lavage
✔ Lateral Canthotomy
✔ Resuscitative Thoracotomy
✔ Transvenous Pacing
✔ Weight-based medication/equipment reference
✔ Abdominal Pain
✔ Crying Infant
✔ EKG Reference
✔ Febrile Seizures
✔ Fever Workup
✔ Head CT Rules
✔ Kawasaki Disease
✔ Rheumatic Fever
✔ Salter-Harris Fractures
✔ Septic Hip
Visit our website at http://www.palm-ER.com for more!
EM:RAP October edition by Michelle Lin: Top app for emergency medicine!!
Lifeinthefastlane.com: "This app is fantastic. Reasonably priced, simple to use and crammed with useful information. I. Love. It."
Ranked in over 60 countries!!!
ERres is an easy-to-navigate bedside tool containing the various medication lists, algorithms, decision rules, clinical policies and core content most often looked up by emergency care providers.
An evidence-based and up-to-date app... continuously updated and expanded.
So why continue buying paperback references year after year when for the price of a large mocha latte you can buy ERres now and get all future updates... for free!?!?
Below is a SAMPLE list of available features.
- search function
- personal notes
- Elimination by dialysis
- Prevent absorption
- Specific toxins (acetaminophen, CCB, snakebite)
- CSF analysis
- Intraosseous needles
- Local anesthetics
- IVC/fluid status
Intubation and sedation:
- Post-intubation package
- DOPES and DOTTS
- Procedural sedation meds
- RSI meds
- RSI in head injury
- Sedation scales
- ACLS and PALS algorithms
- Code meds
- H's and T's
- C-spine clearance
- DVT and pulmonary embolism
- Knee trauma
- Minor head trauma
- Ottawa rules
- Pediatric septic hip
- Pneumonia scores
- Strep throat
- Stroke and TIA
- Syncope rules
- TIMI score for UA/NSTEMI
- Common drips
- Hypertensive emergency
- IV fluids
- Local anesthetics
- Acid base
- Allergy and anaphylaxis
- Cardiology (Duke criteria, STEMI guidelines, ECG section)
- Endocrine and lytes (DKA, hyperkalemia and thyroid storm)
- GU and renal (priapism, STD treatment, UTI/pyelonephritis)
- Heme/Onc (factor replacement, neutropenic fever, supratherapeutic INR)
- Lab values
- Neurology (seizures, spinal cord syndromes, stroke)
- OB/Gyn (OB wheel, postpartum hemorrhage, rhogam, shoulder dystocia)
- Ophtho (acute glaucoma, eye chart, visual pathway)
- Pulmonary (asthma)
- Head (TBI guidelines)
- Neck and cord (spinal cord syndromes, spine fractures, zones of the neck)
- Chest (blunt cardiac injury, hemothorax and pneumothorax)
- Upper extremity (elbow ossification centers)
- Lower extremity (bohler's angle, patella alta/infera)
- Weight based tape
- Acute otitis media
- APGAR score
- Elbow ossification centers
- Fever guidelines
- Febrile seizures
- Salter-harris fractures
- Sick neonate differential
- Vital signs
Most traditional older fire departments in larger U.S. central cities of major metropolitan areas use this color for their fire engines, but many smaller cities and also many suburbs now use the color chartreuse yellow for their fire engines because of its supposed greater visibility at night. Some departments have a mix of both.
An ambulance is a vehicle for transportation of sick or injured people to, from or between places of treatment for an illness or injury, and in some instances will also provide out of hospital medical care to the patient. The word is often associated with road going emergency ambulances which form part of an emergency medical service, administering emergency care to those with acute medical problems.
The term ambulance does however extend to a wider range of vehicles other than those with flashing warning lights and sirens, including a large number of non-urgent ambulances which are for transport of patients without an urgent acute condition and a wide range of vehicles including trucks, vans, bicycles, motorbikes, station wagons, buses, helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, boats, and even hospital ships.
Enjoy 15 great sounds of Emergency Vehicles
This soundboard contains only the highest quality sound effects one can find. Each sound effect is recorded in the highest possible quality sound available. This soundboard and its sound effects are for your enjoyment and the enjoyment of your friends and family. This soundboard can be used to scare friends as well and prank those same people. If you like the sounds effects or this soundboard be sure to let you friends know, as they will also enjoy it, since your friends and have the same tastes in things.
help, heart, death, department, doctor, hospital, engine, patient, helicopters, sick, injury,
Recommended by medical personnel and supported in 20 languages:
中文（繁體）, Čeština, Dansk, Deutsch, Español, Français, 日本語, 한국어, हिन्दी, עברית, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Português, Pусский, Suomi, Svenska.
* Custom screen lock – app can be accessed through password protected screen lock. In Case of an Emergency - emergency services & hospital staff will only have access to ICE Emergency app.
* Emergency Services – automatic number update for Ambulance, Fire & Police when you travel abroad; 230+ countries
* SOS – sends SOS message to your Emergency Contacts, automatically includes GPS location
* Advanced Silent Mode – never miss an urgent Call or Message while phone is on Silent Mode
* Healthcare Providers – location based listing for Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists and Pharmacies (using Google maps). Call any Healthcare Provider from App, view location map, directions and website. PLEASE NOTE: the app captures the data from Google maps and displays the results. App has no control of the results that are displayed since they are downloaded from Google maps.
* Emergency Contacts – Call or SMS from App
* Medical History – vital information for first responders and hospital staff:
+ Blood group
+ Diabetic information
+ Doctors information – call directly from App
+ Medical condition
+ Medical Insurance – call directly from App
The number of situations which can give rise to an emergency are infinite . . .
Matrix Mobile Application’s In Case of Emergency app can help save your life in an unexpected emergency. App includes most useful features of any emergency app for Android.
Keywords: in case of emergency, ice, emergency, emergency contact, hospital, doctor, pharmacy, dentist, SOS, emergency services, ambulance, fire, police, hospital, hospital listing, doctor, doctor listing, medical history, allergy, blood group, diabetic, medical condition, medication, vaccine, medical insurance, emergency call, automatic update, lock screen, silent call, silent mobile, silent phone, best silencer, call blocker, block email, block text, SMS blocker
1. The SOS service: in case of emergency, pressing an SOS button, the app automatically localizes user and alert the contacts that were previously saved on the contact list. The SOS procedure consists of:
- Beep function to alert all people around the user;
- Flashing display;
- Sending SMS with the current position to the pre-stored numbers. To get the position you must have activated the geolocation settings on the device. Sending SMS may incur additional costs according to your service provider.
2. First Aid Service: personal information about user identity and possible pathologies such as hypersensitivity, intolerance, diabetes, etc. are always available on the mobile phone to allow rescuers to operate adequately.
3. Drugs List & Reminder: you can save a detailed list of medications or current therapies so, if you have to go the hospital, doctors are aware of your medical situation. The reminder service reminds you to take the medicines you have saved in your drug list. You can activate multiple reminders for each added drug.
The app was designed thinking about the safety of users. It requires no remote connections or sign-in steps and this means reliability and complete privacy for personal information.
Added the "SOS" widget to access quickly to the app in case of emergency. On some devices you can also add the widget on the lock screen and resize it.
Added the "first aid" widget. With this widget you can view directly the information of first aid.
Save important medical information on your phone which can then be accessed from the Lock Screen by emergency medical services. EMS can call your emergency contacts from the lock screen. Also allows you to email your information, which can come in handy at doctors offices. For the ability to add multiple users check out Emergency Information ICE Plus
Contains the following fields:
-Date of birth
-Pre-Existing medical conditions
*Please email me with any problems or suggestions*
use complete range of functions during your trial.
The emergency call app for all cases of emergency - Transmitting direct notice, police*,
fire brigade*, emergency directing centers* & of course to persons of your trust
( *Currently available for the countries: DE, AT, CH, LI ).
HandHelp - emergency call rescue SOS app - directly, exactly, personally and clearly.
• Within few seconds & directly is the data transmission to the directing centers of *police, *fire brigade, *rescue service, *emergency headquarters, as well as to persons of your trust
• Exact is the detection via satellite (e.g. GPS), GSM, WLAN
• Personally and clearly is your profile for the rescue services
ADVANTAGES & FEATURES:
• speechless – because of easy button solution
• no language knowledge necessarily suited (for migrants, travelers, people with partially or completely speech- / hearing disabilities)
• quiet alarm without attracting attention - allows showing courage without endangering yourself
• picture, tone, documentation to the perpetuation of evidence (optionally video)
• mobile home emergency outside used (people in need of care)
• cheap “SOS-system” for private and business (quiet alarm)
• advertisement-free application
• easy to terminate
Global emergency call aid SOS App - without telephoning, without language, without fax, without tab...
See video with sign language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8x1strg-ns
FOR ALL SMARTPHONE-USERS:
• For any case of accident, medical emergency, fire, harassment, etc.
• For emergency case of any other person – show civil courage, without putting yourself in danger
• Health wise affected people (e.g. deaf, hard of hearing, blind, speech impaired)
• Chronically sick people or health wise threatened people (e.g. diabetic, heart circulation ill)
• Nursing-destitute people (whether at home, statonary or mobile outdoors)
• Traffic users (cyclist, driver, motorcyclist, pedestrian, etc.)
• Parents of toddlers for medical emergencies
• Children & teenagers / pupils in generaly (Safety at school, on school routes / school trips, leisure)
• Pregnant women (e.g. premature births)
• Singles / womans
• Pensioners / seniors
• Migrants / travelers & tourists
• Vacationer / business travelers
• Outdoor sportsman
• Enterprises & employees
• Independent ones
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION TIP:
To make sure you get optimized help considering your individually needs, please include all required information in menu "SOS data" and "Helper".
Completing all Data takes maximum 5 minutes of your time.
By the way: the smart barometer shows reliably your achieved security level to you.
VIDEO / TUTORIAL:
Set up step by step quick and easy - the emergency call SOS app HandHelp.
• trial full version of 7 days free of charge
• updates free of charge
• technical support free of charge
Your trial phase begins with the subscription choice.
You can to terminate your subscription at any time.
If you give notice within your 7 days of trial - we charge NO fees!
• HandHelp is suited for the Android operating systems (version 4.0 and higher) currently in German and English (other languages planned)
• HandHelp will be usable probably soon also on other operating systems.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS:
In case of concerns please use firstname.lastname@example.org
We take care for every single case!
HandHelp™ is a trademark of App-Sec-Network®
Living together, without fear -be never alone en route!
•Congenital Heart Disease
•Local Anaesthetic Toxicity
•Normal Physiological Values
•Raised Intracranial Pressure
‘Paediatric Emergencies’ includes algorithms from the following organisations:
Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG), Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI), British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED), British Thoracic Society (BTS), College of Emergency Medicine (CEM), Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (DHSSPSNI), Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF), National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), Paediatric Accident and Emergency Research Group, Resuscitation Council (UK), Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children (RBHSC), Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines (SIGN) and Toward Optimized Practice (TOP).
The easy to use interface and navigation features make it easy for the user to quickly find the information they need and make this application a real joy to use. Important design features include:
•The option to enter age in ‘Years, Months and Days’ or as ‘Date of Birth’
•If known weight can be entered in ‘Kg’ or ‘Lb/Oz’
•If weight is not known the application will provide an ‘estimated weight’ using your preference of the Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) formulae or the 50th centile for age and sex from World Health Organisation (WHO) growth charts.
This application is a must for any Paediatrician, Anaesthetist, Emergency Department Physician or any healthcare professional who as some stage may find themselves looking after an acutely unwell child.
Future release plans include:
- emergency route calculation
- save and send audio and video data
- add text-to-speech support for automatic negotiation over telephone lines with authorities
At such times, what you needs is speed.
This application sends an SMS to the phone you choose, with a short message plus GPS position (if available in this moment).
Also automatically call the contact number you choose.
ALL THIS WITH A SINGLE TOUCH SCREEN.
Fast, simple and smooth
****** INSTRUCTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ******
-The first time you run the application will prompt you to configure it, you can choose whether you want to send an SMS, to make a call, or both simultaneously.
In any of the options must enter a contact telephone number (if not, will not work correctly at the critical moment)
If you are sending an SMS, you can enter a short message to appear before the GPS position.
-If you wish to change the settings, press the settings icon on the main screen (top right)
Once configured, once running the application, tap the screen (except in the setup icon) to launch the emergency announcement.
Recommendation: Install a shortcut on the desktop of your phone.
-Includes official emergency numbers of this countries:
Spain, Portugal, Albania, Autria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, USA, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela, Barbados, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Australia, Fiji, New Zealand, Republic of Vanuatu, Japan, China , Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates states, Vietnam, Republic of Chad, Djiboutian, Egypt, Ghana, Mali, Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
A good example for such cases would be tragic events like 9/11, hurricane Katrina, and the California fires have showcased the benefits of electronic record keeping. Those injured or made sick by any of those events but who had their medical records available were more easily treated and have found better outcomes than those for whom no medical records were available.
As the cell phone is the most personal device known today, storing this information on the phone is key. CORAnt Emergency Widget ™ does exactly that, making emergency information available immediately, regardless of network connectivity.
CORAnet addresses the interoperability, security, functionality, availability and mobility issues that each one of us encounters, in emergency situation when in need for current, up-to-date basic medical information.
CORAVault™ is the application of choice for storing and carrying medical records (encrypted with a 256 bit encryption and stored on the phone’s memory card), it is a true mobile solution. CORAVault™ allows users to carry an always up-to-date health record, manage appointments, share their records in a secure manner and even manage their medications and allergies through the application. The application is personal and username / password protected.