inPractice provides insight and practical recommendations for the care of patients with cancer.
Subject Matter: Solid Tumors and Hematologic Malignancies
Physicians and other healthcare professionals including:
• Oncology and hematology specialists
• Other specialists managing patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies
• Nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants caring for patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies
• Primary care practitioners managing patients with solid tumors or hematologic malignancies
• Expert-authored, comprehensive oncology/hematology reference work
• Continuously updated to incorporate latest findings and best practices
• Complete drug database (by Lexi-Comp; includes all FDA-approved drugs)
• National and international guidelines
• Relevant PubMed abstracts (MEDLINE)
In Practice—Not Just in Theory
Translates the constant stream of the latest developments in oncology/hematology into clinically applicable information.
• Search and find practical recommendations for your patient care questions
• Know that the evidence supports your decisions
Integrates insightful Conference Coverage, drug developments, journal citations, and guidelines to keep you abreast of the developments you can apply to practice.
Education With Relevance
Earn CME credit for the topics you’re searching anyway. (To claim credit, just visit the free, companion Web site.)
• Easily share information with colleagues or trainees
• Integrated bookmark function for quick return access to key topics
• Companion Web site included
How to Gain Access:
Free, one-time registration or use your existing Clinical Care Options member ID.
How it works:
-Answer 5 clinical medicine questions a day
-Each quiz is live for only 24 hours a day Monday - Friday
-Don't skip any days! Each quiz counts towards your monthly ranking
-See how you rank against your colleagues
-Get ranked in your region and nationally, based on your accuracy and speed
-Top 10 verified US physicians show up on the leader boards
Whatever you are looking for, the Oncology Miniatlas has an image for it.
The Oncology Miniatlas application offers a large collection of high quality, detailed medical images about the general features of Oncology, accompanied by referenced texts. Use it to explain to your patients all the relevant aspects of this speciality. With this great visual aid, patients become more active during their visits, and you can give them all the answers they need.
The Oncology Miniatlas offers the following features:
* A large database of detailed and labeled pictures associated with Oncology.
* Each illustration is accompanied by a detailed text explanation
* Close view (zoom in) of any section of the image
* Simple search - just type part of the keyword you are looking for
* E-mail of any image or section of an image
* It helps doctors communicate with patients more easily and effectively
* It works in portrait or landscape mode
Go ahead and download the Oncology Miniatlas now!
The FOCUS Animated Pocket Dictionary of Oncology, the first ever animated dictionary in the subject, fills that void quite effectively. A must-have resource for physicians and students who would greatly benefit from this module, it covers 80 oncology related terms and definitions.
All the definitions have been graphically described with the help of 3D animations and are accompanied by text definitions. This free app has 5 Videos, to see the complete list please 'buy' and download to play independent of the internet.
NCCN is pleased to present the Virtual Library of NCCN Guidelines® Formatted for Android Smartphone. This easy to use and convenient format will further assist health care professionals in their implementation of the NCCN Guidelines, thus improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer. NCCN invites you to explore the NCCN Guidelines in this exciting new format.
The National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®), a not-for-profit alliance of 23 of the world's leading cancer centers, is dedicated to improving the quality and effectiveness of care provided to patients with cancer. Through the leadership and expertise of clinical professionals at NCCN Member Institutions, NCCN develops resources that present valuable information to the numerous stakeholders in the health care delivery system. As the arbiter of high-quality cancer care, NCCN promotes the importance of continuous quality improvement and recognizes the significance of creating clinical practice guidelines appropriate for use by patients, clinicians, and other health care decision-makers. The primary goal of all NCCN initiatives is to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of oncology practice so patients can live better lives.
Over the past 15 years, NCCN has developed an integrated suite of tools to improve the quality of cancer care. The NCCN Guidelines document evidence-based, consensus-driven management to ensure that all patients receive preventive, diagnostic, treatment, and supportive services that are most likely to lead to optimal outcomes.
The NCCN Guidelines are a comprehensive set of guidelines detailing the sequential management decisions and interventions for the malignant cancers that affect 97 percent of all patients with cancer. In addition, separate guidelines relate to major prevention and screening topics and another set of pathways focuses on the major supportive care areas.
The NCCN Guidelines are composed of recommendations based on the best evidence available at the time they are derived. Because new data are published continuously, it is essential that the NCCN Guidelines also be continuously updated and revised to reflect new data and new clinical information. The goal of the NCCN Guidelines is to help oncologists make the major clinical decisions encountered in managing their patients by providing ready access to synthesized information. The NCCN Guidelines provide recommendations for appropriate care for most but not all patients; however, individual patient circumstances must be considered when applying these recommendations.
Visit NCCN.org to learn more about the NCCN Guidelines as well as other NCCN Content.
Flip through the pages of our complete current issue in dynamic eJournal format, with the newest version of this App. Download it now, free, and have instant access to all new articles, as well as video and audio podcasts featuring news and latest research advances in cancer control and care.
The Oncologist European and Chinese Editions are now available for readers in the specified regions, featuring the same respected content as the traditional journal, along with targeted European/Chinese-focused announcements, editorials, products and tailored services.
Future versions of The Oncologist App will integrate CME courses, making it easier than ever to maintain your educational requirements.
• Bookmark your favorite flashcard decks
• Separate mastered flashcards with those in need of further review
• Personalized scores after the completion of each deck
• A notification of improvement or regression after the completion of each deck
• Synchronization of content and scores across platforms
Thousands of oncology nurses rely on Oncology Nurse Advisor as their guide to the latest news and studies in nursing to be better prepared on the job. Download Oncology Nurse Advisor for free today and become a more informed leader among your peers.
• Achieve Free continuing education (CE) credits
◦ Participate in oncology-specific CE activities and articles to take the post-test to claim credits
• Ask a Pharmacist or Visit Advisor Forum
◦ Ask a question to one of our highly certified pharmacists or advisors
• Read Latest Oncology News and Breakthrough Treatment Regimens
◦ Covering Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, and more
• Reference Patient Fact Sheets
◦ Covering Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Asthma, and more
• Use Medical Calculators and Relevant Tools
◦ Body Mass Index, Liver Function Assessment Calculator, LDL Cholesterol Calculator and more
• View patient-friendly slideshows
◦ Covering Kaposi sarcoma, lung cancer, melanoma, oral mucositis and more
• Receive Drug News
◦ Drug Approvals, Drug Recalls, Drugs in the Pipeline
• Search Comprehensive Drug Database
◦ By brand, generic, disease and conditions, and company
Here are some ways to use Oncology Nurse Advisor for professional life:
• Become a better oncology nurse with knowing the latest trends
• More informed when a patient asks a question
• Learn and understand the appropriate drug for your patient
• View patient-friendly slideshows on the go
Download Oncology Nurse Advisor for free today and catch upon the latest oncology nursing news and studies while also earning continuing education credits on myCME.
So, what are you waiting for ? Go grab it !! Install it now.
Ranbaxy Super Specialties Team
With the goal of improving patient outcomes, prIME Oncology provides evidence-based, state-of-the-art educational activities that assist clinicians in making up-to-date, appropriate treatment decisions.
prIME Oncology is part of a select group of medical education companies accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
More from developer
ImClone Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company, echoes our commitment to advancing oncology care through targeted biologic treatments designed to address the medical needs of patients with a variety of cancers. The new Lilly Oncology Pipeline app provides all healthcare professionals free access to the Lilly Oncology Clinical Development Program.
- Research: Review drug discovery platforms that are being developed by Lilly Oncology
- Clinical Trials: Browse Lilly Oncology clinical trials by platform, area of research, or phase in development and access details such as inclusion/exclusion criteria and trial design
- Pathways of Development: Explore molecules that are in development and see mechanism of action videos
- Reference: Save pertinent information for fast and easy reference