The many features in this App helps tourists and daily commuters find bus stops, obtain accurate and real-time route arrival times. It utilizes GPS, and GTFS data provided by OC Transpo.
*** 2011 Apps4Ottawa contest winner ***
*** Become a BETA Tester ***
To test drive the latest update before everyone else, opt-in to get the update from Google Play using this link
Step 1: Join this Google+ Community, http://plus.google.com/communities/101048204336238547253
Step 2: Go to this link to become a TESTER, http://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.alywa.oc.transpo
✓ Discover near-by bus stops
✓ Find a specific bus stop using search
✓ Easily access your list of saved buses, stops, trips, and routes
✓ Display a history of your most accessed routes
Stop # Lookup
✓ Display a list of all routes that passes through a specific bus stop
✓ Display up to 3 trips using GPS real-time data
✓ Display scheduled/estimated arrival times
✓ Find stops using stop/station name or number
Route # Lookup
✓ Display scheduled route arrival times
✓ Display future schedules by specifying the date
Quick Planer / Advanced Planner
✓ Enter your desired origin/destination and let the app plan your trip
✓ Use your current location, or select a desired landmark
✓ Select origin/destination from list of pre-populated values
✓ Display the latest news from the Official OC Transpo website
✓ Easily access common and useful OC Transpo contact numbers
✓ Easily configure display options
✓ Change start-up screen
✓ Clear your history
Widget (Small & Large)
✓ Place a widget on your home-screen
Data sources used:
✓ GTFS Data Exchange
✓ OC Transpo Live Next Bus Arrival Data Feed
✓ OC Transpo official web site
It includes, but isn't limited to the following:
» Travel planner
» Text arrivals
» Discover near-by bus stops by moving along the map
» Live updates
» Locate a specific bus stop by using the search feature
» Scheduled stops
» Display a list of all routes that passes through a specific stop
» Display up to 3 trips using GPS real-time data
» Display scheduled/estimated timetable
» Display scheduled route arrival times
» Easily access common and useful OC Transpo contact numbers
» Register for alerts
Save favourite stops and routes for quick access to information you need to get on your way.
Trip planner included using OCTranspo's trip planning capability.
1. Use 'long press' on routes and stops to save them as a favourite which will then appear on the main menu.
2. Use 'long press' on the main menu to edit/delete favourites.
3. Use 'long press' on the "Nearest/All Favourite" menu item to see "All Favourite stop times"
Suggestions welcome - send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To begin, search for a stop by number or name, or choose one from the map. Then choose the bus route you're interested in, and you'll see data for the next three arrivals at that stop. You can refresh the results at any time to stay up to date. Tapping on a bus will bring up more information about it.
Please note that OC Transpo does not yet supply GPS information for all buses, and that you will see GPS information only for buses that have begun their trip toward your stop. These are limitations of OC Transpo's systems, and there is little my app can do about them. When GPS data is not available, scheduled arrival times will appear instead of estimated times.
This is an open source project released under the GPL. Source code is available at https://github.com/argilo/BusFollower. Issues are tracked at https://github.com/argilo/BusFollower/issues. Bug reports and code contributions are welcome!
I would like to thank the following contributors:
* Alnoor Allidina - beta testing, bug reporting
* Greg Fletcher - beta testing, French translation
* Sonja Kisa - French translation
* Karen Schindel - beta testing
* Teodora Alexandrova - beta testing
- Full version free to use
- Multiple bus selections for each stop
- Find Me feature allows for device GPS search of stops around you
- Save frequently used buses and stops for quick access
- See where your bus is on Google Maps
This app redirects to the website so you can save all your favorites right to your home screen or within your browser's favorites list for quick access anytime.
How to save a search query:
On the search result page, press the icon on the top right corner. Press Save. Providing a search name is optional. The saved search query will appear on the list on the starting page.
How to use Auto-Update with Voice:
On the search result page, press the "Auto-Update" button. On the dialog, select a duration and an interval you want to keep updating the result. "with voice" is optional, if you check the "with voice" option, every time it updates the results, it will make an announcement for a first bus for each route. To use the "with voice" option, you will need to turn on sound.
W: Westbound, E: Eastbound, O: Outbound, I: Inbound
The author of the application (OC Bus GPS Auto-Update) does not have any affiliation to OC Transpo or Google Inc. In no event does the author of the application take any responsibility for any damages, or loss of profits, business interruption arising out of the use of the application or inability to use this product, even if the author of the application is aware of the possibility of such damages.
The voice option requires TextToSpeech Engine. If TextToSpeech is not supported on your cell phone, the options will not be available.
The map requires Google Play Service. If you haven't installed Google Play Service, please install it. If you are inside building, the resulting location may not be accurate.
This application does not collect or send any of your personal information including your location and bus search activity. Your search history is stored only on your mobile device.
• Supports GTA and Ottawa region cards, both registered and anonymous
• Displays recent transaction history
• Remembers the last tapped card and can refresh without card present
• Multiple cards can be used with one device. Handy to allow someone else to check their balance from your device.
• This app only displays what the PRESTO website displays. It may not reflect your immediate balance.
• Registered accounts with MORE than one card added will NOT work. This will not be fixed anytime soon.
Please leave feedback and feature requests from within the app, by tapping the Info icon or menu item, and scrolling to the Feedback section.
This app is NOT affiliated in any way with, nor endorsed by Accenture, Metrolinx, Brampton Transit, Burlington Transit, Durham Region Transit, GO Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, MiWay (Mississauga Transit), Oakville Transit, OC Transpo, Toronto Transit Commission, or York Region Transit.
OC Transpo Assistant was built by me, a student at Carleton University, to make my life easier and I'm sharing it with anyone who wishes to try it out. I know there are plenty of features that could be added, and perhaps if I have time I will improve it, but for now, this gets the basic job done for me.
When you receive a text, any time that has a star "*" beside it means that OC Transpo has updated it from the normal scheduled time by using the current GPS location of the bus.
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, Metrolink, OCTA*, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
· Adelaide (Rail Commissioner, SouthLink, Torrens Transit, Hills, Light City Buses)
· Brisbane (TransLink SEQ)
· Canberra (ACTION)
· Melbourne (PTV)
· Perth (Transperth, TransAlbany, TransBunbury, TransGoldfields, TransBusselton, TransGeraldton)
· Brussels (STIB)
· São Paulo (SPTrans)
· Calgary (Calgary Transit)
· Edmonton (Edmonton Transit System)
· Halifax (Halifax Transit)
· Montréal (Société de transport de Montréal)
· Ottawa (OC Transpo)
· Quebec (Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC))
· Sherbrooke (Société de Transport de Sherbrooke)
· Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit)
· Toronto (GO Transit, TTC)
· Vancouver (TransLink, British Columbia Rapid Transit Company, West Coast Express)
· Santiago (Transantiago, Metro de Santiago)
· Helsinki (Helsingin seudun liikenne)
· Oulu (Oulun joukkoliikenne)
· Tampere (Tampereen joukkoliikenne)
· Berlin (Verkehrsverbund Berlin-Brandenburg, VBB)
· Budapest (BKK, BKV)
· Miskolc (MVK)
· Rome (Roma Servizi per la Mobilità)
· Torino (Gruppo Torinese Trasporti (GTT), Trenitalia)
· Riga (Rīgas satiksme)
· Amsterdam (GVB, EBS)
· Groningen (Qbuzz)
· The Hague (HTM, HTMbuzz)
· Rotterdam (RET)
· Utrecht (U-OV)
· Auckland (Auckland Transport)
· Christchurch (Metro Christchurch)
· Wellington (GO Wellington, …)
· Stavanger (Kolumbus)
· Oslo (Ruter, Timekspressen, Flybussekspressen, Flybussen, Norges statsbaner)
· Barcelona (TMB)
· Madrid (Empresa Municipal de Transportes)
· Göteborg (Västtrafik)
· Malmö (Skånetrafiken)
· Stockholm (SL, Arlanda Express, Waxholmsbolaget)
· Albuquerque (ABQ Ride)
· Atlanta (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority)
· Austin (Capital Metro)
· Boston (MBTA, Massport)
· Chicago (Chicago Transit Authority, PACE)
· Cincinnati (Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority)
· Dallas (Dallas Area Rapid Transit )
· Hartford (CTTransit, Shore Line East)
· Houston (Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County)
· Los Angeles (Metro)
· Miami-Dade (Miami Dade Transit)
· New York (MTA, MTA Bus Company)
· Philadelphia (SEPTA)
· Portland (TriMet)
· Salt Lake City (Utah Transit Authority)
· San Diego (MTS)
· San Francisco (Bay Area Rapid Transit, Caltrain, SFMTA)
· Washington (MET, DC Circulator)
LIVE data in select cities:
** LIVE Seattle Bus Times **
** LIVE NJ Bus Schedule **
** LIVE cta Chicago bus times**
** LIVE Boston Metro north locations **
** LIVE Los Angeles Bus Schedules **
** LIVE San Francisco muni Bus Schedules **
** LIVE D.C. Metro and D.C Bus Schedules **
** LIVE ttc Toronto bus timetables **
Operating in over 60 regions worldwide:
Albany, NY (CDTA schedules)
Albuquerque, NM (ABQ RIDE schedules)
Austin, TX (Capital Metro, MetroRail)
Boston, MA (MBTA schedules, Massport) *(LIVE)*
Brockton, MA (BAT)
Chicago, IL (CTA, Metra, Pace) *(LIVE)*
O'Hare & Midway Red Line Blue Line
Cleveland, OH (RTA, The Rapid schedules, Healthline)
Corona, CA (Metrolink Schedules)
Dallas. TX (DART, TRE)
Denver, CO (RTD)
Flagstaff, AZ (Mountain Line),
Fort Wayne, IN (Citilink)
Framingham, MA (CATA)
Gloucester, MA (CATA)
Green Bay, WI (Green Bay Metro)
Hampton Roads, VA (HRTA)
Honolulu, HI (TheBus)
Houston, TX (METRORail, METRO Bus)
Island County, WA (Mukilteo-Clintons, Island Transit)
Las Vegas, NV (RTC Transit)
Lehigh and Northampton, PA (Mountaintop)
Lexington, KY (Lextran schedules)
Los Angeles & Santa Ana, CA *(LIVE)*
- (Metro schedules, Metrolink scheules, RTA, OCTA, Burbank Bus timetables, Torrance Transit schedules)
Louisville, KY (TARC)
Lowell, MA (LRTA, Lowell Line)
Madison, WI (Madison Metro)
Martha's Vineyard, MA (VTA)
Maryland & Washington D.C. *(LIVE)*
- (Metro timetables, DC Circulator, Arlington Transit, Ride On, Fairfax Connector, MdTA)
Miami, FL (Miami metrobus,metrorail,metromover,Miami-Dade Transit)
Milwaukee, WI (MCTS schedules)
New York, NY *(LIVE)*
- (NYC Subway schedules,MTA Buses, NJ Transit,Long Island Rail Road,Metro-North
Railroad schedules, PATH, NICE, Staten Island Ferry)
Palm Bay, FL (SCAT)
Philadelphia, PA (SEPTA, NJ Transit,PATCO)
Portland, OR (TriMet)
Redding, PA (BARTA)
Sacramento, CA (Sacramento Regional Transit)
Salem, MA (MBTA)
Salt Lake City, UT (UTA schedules,Frontrunner)
San Antonio, TX (VIA)
San Diego, CA (MTS, NCTD)
San Francisco Bay, CA *(LIVE)*
- (MUNI, BART, AC Transit, VTA, samTrans,Caltrain,Golden Gate Transit,County Connection)
Santa Rosa, CA (CityBus)
Seattle, WA *(LIVE)* (Metro Transit,Sound Transit,City of Seattle,Pierce Transit)
Springfield, IL (SMTD)
Tampa / St Petersburg, FL (HART, TBARTA, TECO Line, PSTA)
Victorville, CA (VVTA)
Wilmington, NC (Wave Transit schedules)
Adelaide (Adelaide Metro)
Halifax (Metro Transit)
Ottawa (OC Transpo, Transitway)
- (TTC schedules, GO Transit, YRT, Brampton Transit, Hamilton Street Railway, Grand River Transit, Guelph Transit)
Vancouver (TransLink, BC Rapid Transit Company, West Coast Express, False Creek Ferries)
Winnipeg (Winnipeg Transit)
Budapest (BKK menetrendek)
Torino (GTT orari)
Szczecin (ZDiTM rozkłady jazdy)
Łódź (MPK rozkłady jazdy)
Berlin (BVG Fahrplan, vBB Fahrplan)
Estonia (TAK sõiduplaanid, TTTK sõiduplaanid, Elron, Elektriraudtee)
Feedback: How can we make your experience better?
Contact Information: email@example.com
Follow us on:
StopanGo gives no warranty as to the validity of routes or schedules. They are subject to change and this is beyond stopango’s control. User assumes all risks of use, and StopanGo assumes no responsibility for any delays or losses resulting from such use.
Using GPS consumes battery life at a faster rate.
stopango transport schedule trip where bus mobile departures
This application is currently under BETA. Feedback is appreciated at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password protect your xmas list
- Send xmas list via email, Twitter, Evernote, etc...
- Automatically archives your gifts once the new year rolls around
- Add/edit people to your xmas list
- Add/remove gifts for each person on your list
- Provide a money amount per person and per gift
- Each gift can include a note
- Supports multiple currencies
- Useful stats such as money spent so far and total budget
- Mark the gifts as purchased as you buy them!
- Backup/restore functionality
Download now and start recording gift ideas so you're not caught at the last minute when Christmas arrives!
Contact us if you forget your password and get locked out, we'll help you out!
- Add people manually or import from contacts;
- Get notifications before, and on, your contacts' birthday (configurable);
- Get a quick overview of people, days until their birthday, and age;
- Add gift ideas, optionally with a price, to track your budget;
- Mark gifts as purchased.
For a one time purchase of $0.99, you can unlock the following features:
- Enable Cloud Sync to sync real-time between all your Android devices, no account required;
- Removes ads from the app.
This app is under constant development - submit your feature requests and bug reports and we'll get to it!
For those looking for Facebook Import:
- Facebook has recently changed their API policies, and no longer allows 3rd parties to access your friends' info. Any apps made after April 2014, such as this one, can access Facebook friends, even with your permission. (Existing apps with this functionality will stop functioning on April 2015.) As such, as much as we'd love to have put this functionality, it was simply not possible. If this should change in the future, we'll gladly revisit!
- Identity: this is to allow Cloud Sync to function across your multiple Android devices.
- Contacts: this is to allow the app to import from your phone contacts.
- Photos/Media: this is to allow the app to import/read pictures from your phone contacts.