The CheckaLoad app requires a license to be purchased from Telstra. Please download the app for more information
CheckaLoad is a mobile app for smartphones and tablets which can assist organisations and individual users to understand their obligations in relation to load restraint compliance and safety in the Transport, Logistics and Manufacturing industries.
The objective of CheckaLoad is to bring greater consistency to load restraint compliance throughout the chain of responsibility including drivers, loaders and consignors as well as assisting law enforcement officers and inspectors to maintain compliance.
NOTE: CheckaLoad is not a load restraint design tool, but rather a compliance tool to assess the user’s chosen load restraint method. Drivers and loaders will still need to be vigilant for risks relating to the transportation of freight.
The CheckaLoad App provides the following benefits:
• A consistent approach to load restraint compliance
• Assistance to mitigate potential load restraint risks
• Recording of all assessments (including successful, failed and abandoned assessments) which are stored in the cloud based content management system
• Recall of recorded assessments can be accessed at any time through the content management system
• Ability to use in remote locations without connectivity (off-line)
• Identification of high risk load configurations (based on the information provided)
• Ability to use across the most common load types and methods (including common heavy vehicle types)
• Recognition of the most common restraint equipment such as lashings, blocking bars, rated curtains, pogo sticks
• Ability to attach photos of your compliant load to your assessment.
How does it work?
• You or your organisation are required to purchase an annual licence from Telstra
• User’s will be required to download the app from Google Play or the App store depending on the user’s device and enter their login credentials provided by your company’s CheckaLoad app administrator. Data charges may apply to download and use the app
• Once you log into the app you’ll be asked to accept the terms and conditions…and then you are away
• During the compliance process, you’ll be asked a series of yes/no questions and you will also be required to input some information
• Based on your answers, the app will determine whether your load is compliant
• If you’re not, you’ll find some helpful tips to consider restraining your load differently before you get on your way.