The user interface consists of rows of your favorite apps which you can customize. It also includes a special row at the bottom for the most recent apps launched.
- More room for organizing your favorite apps
- Support for grouping of apps, web apps, channels and web sites
- Quick access to recent apps
- Supports fast D-pad navigation
- Overlay design that displays more of live TV
- Direct access to browser bookmarks and history
- Direct access to Spotlight web apps
- Displays current weather (USA only)
- Various customizable settings
- Change wallpaper
- To add an app: Use the D-pad arrow keys to select any row other than the "Recent Apps" row. Press Menu and select "Add App". You can select the current row or enter the name for a new row. Then select the app you want to add.
- To add a Spotlight web app: Select any row other than the "Recent Apps" row. Press Menu and select "Add Spotlight Web App". You can select the current row or enter the name for a new row. Then select the web app you want to add.
- To add a TV channel as a favorite (Google TV only provides channel data for USA): Go to live TV, press Menu, select Save and then "Add channel to home screen". Type in the channel number or name. Select the channel from the list and press OK.
- To add a web site as a favorite: Load the site in the Chrome browser. Press Menu, select Save and then "Add to home screen". Confirm the web site details and select the OK button.
- To add a web site to bookmarks: Add bookmark in Chrome and then use Bookmarks app.
- To uninstall an app: Select All Apps, then long click on the app you want to uninstall.
- To use a personal photo as the wallpaper: Launch the Photos app and view the photo fullscreen. Press the Menu button and select "Set as wallpaper".
- Widgets are not supported.
- The icons provided by Google TV for bookmarks and for TV channel icons are low-res. In some cases, TV channels have generic icons.
Get Tasks - needed to determine which recent apps have been launched.
Read History Bookmarks - to provide quick access to browser bookmarks.
Expand Status Bar - to display notifications.
Course Location - to determine zip code for weather data.
Internet - to download weather data.
External storage - to cache images
Wallpaper - to change the system wallpaper
The code for this app is open sourced at: https://github.com/entertailion/Open-Launcher-for-GTV
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we cannot reply to comments or Android error reports and many reported problems require that we ask for more details in order to fix.
How to create a Google TV task in Tasker:
- Click on the Tasks tab
- Click on the '+' button
- Enter a name for the new task
- Click on the '+' button to add a new action
- Select the 'Plugin' category
- Select the 'GTV Tasker' action
- Click on the 'Edit' button to to edit the action configuration
- Wait for the Google TV devices to be discovered
- When the progress indicator stops, select a Google TV device from the list
- If it is a Google TV device that hasn't been paired before, your will be prompted to enter the PIN that is displayed on the Google TV device
- Once the device is paired, select a type of action to be sent to the Google TV device (key code, URL, text data or invoke an app)
- Click on the checkmark button to save the configuration
- Click on the checkmark for the 'GTV Tasker' action
- Add other tasks (remember to add 'Task/Wait' actions between each GTV actions)
- Click on the checkmark button to save the new task
To determine the app package and activity names, install the GTV Tasker Apps on your Google TV device: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.entertailion.android.gtvtasker
This plugin is compatible with Locale and can also be used with NFC tags.
This app is open sourced at: https://github.com/entertailion/GTV-for-Tasker
Read the instructions on Github on how to start apps.
If you're having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT US at email@example.com BEFORE RATING, so we can help you out and improve the App - your feedback really does help. We can't respond to reviews or comments.
- Latest news over live TV
- View selected news in Chrome
- Configurable settings on how frequently news is displayed
- Support for sharing sites from Chrome
- Pre-configured with popular news sites
- To view current headline in Chrome: Press the OK button when the headline is displayed and the associated web page will be displayed.
- To view the list of configured sites: Click on the "View Sites" button in the Overlay News app
- To add a site from Chrome: Load the site in the Chrome browser on Google TV. Press the Menu button and select "Share page".
- To manually add a news site: Press the "Add Site" button in the Overlay News app and enter the URL for the news web site.
- To add a RSS feed: Press the "Add Site" button and enter the URL for the RSS feed.
- To remove a news site: Click on the "View Sites" button to view all the sites. Select and long-click the site you want to remove.
Tasks - This app requires permission to retrieve running apps. This is to check if the live TV is active to avoid showing the news when the user is navigating other parts of Google TV.
Internet - To upload analytics.
If you're having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE RATING, so we can help you out and improve the App - your feedback really does help. We can't respond to reviews or comments.
- Play photo slideshows
- Load photo web sites from your browser bookmarks
- Select from a list of featured photo web sites
- To load a featured site: Press the Menu button and then choose "Select Featured Site".
- To load a site from your browser bookmarks: Press the Menu button and then choose "Select Browser Bookmark".
- To play a slideshow: Load the web site and then press Play..
- To play music with a slideshow: Start the music with your favorite music app like Google Play Music. Then go to the TV Slideshow app and start a photo slideshow.
- Only the following bookmarked web sites can be viewed: Flickr groups, Pinterest boards and Tumblr image blogs.
Internet - to access photo web sites.
Read bookmarks - to allow user to select bookmarks.
External storage - caching images.
Wave lock - to block the screensaver on Google TV during a slideshow.
Course location - to find local photos.
The code for this app is open sourced at: https://github.com/entertailion/Slideshow-for-GTV
Please email us at email@example.com; we cannot reply to comments or Android error reports and many reported problems require that we ask for more details in order to fix.
- Grid of animated YouTube videos
- Select playlist of HD videos
- Configure animated effects
- Play current video in YouTube app
- To select a playlist: Press the Menu button and then "Select Playlist".
- To change the animated effect: Press the Menu button, select "Settings/Effect".
- To play the current video in the YouTube app: Press the OK button. Press Back to get back to the video wall app.
- To jump to the next video: Press the media next button.
- Due to a YouTube player API bug, only a static list of playlists are supported for now until Google fixes the bug.
Internet - to play YouTube videos.
The code for this app is open sourced at: https://github.com/entertailion/Video-Wall
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we cannot reply to comments or Android error reports and many reported problems require that we ask for more details in order to fix.
Configure various animated effects to be displayed periodically when watching live TV on your Google TV device. You can choose to see the effects every half hour or at the top of the hour.
If you change the configuration and then go to live TV, you should see a preview of the effects after a few seconds.
This app is open-sourced: https://github.com/entertailion/Overlay-for-GTV
Tasks - This app requires permission to retrieve running apps. This is to check if the live TV is active to avoid showing the effects when the user is navigating other parts of Google TV.
Internet - To upload analytics.
If you're having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT US at email@example.com BEFORE RATING, so we can help you out and improve the App - your feedback really does help. We can't respond to reviews or comments.
"...the probes are absolutely brilliant..." - AndroidCentral.com
"Phantom Probes game delights Android users with distinctive gameplay" - Mobiletor.com
Phantom Probes is a game that will mesmerize you. The game captures fun childhood memories of dropping objects from heights and seeing how they bounce off things. It’s a game everyone has played during their life. If you’ve ever dropped something, you’re good at Phantom Probes. Now fulfill your childhood dreams of dropping balls, bombs, rubber ducky's; everything but the kitchen sink.
Guess the shapes of the objects that get hit. With 25 different things to drop (probes), 50 fun levels, Open Feint and Game Center leader boards there is something for everyone. See how they bounce and break and explode and slide and crash and make weird sounds!
*50 challenging levels to solve
*100 unique phantom shapes
*25 different probes
*Realistic physics-based effects
*Amazing particle effects
*Support for all 2.2 and later Android mobile devices
*Beautiful HD graphics
*Support for SD storage