• Read Free Books—Choose from thousands of free ebooks such as Pride & Prejudice or The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
• Shop for Books—Easily shop for ebooks, including new releases and New York Times Best Sellers.
• Use the Built-In Dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia—The Kindle app has a built-in dictionary that allows you to look up words instantly while you’re reading your ebooks. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Sync Your eBooks—The Kindle app lets you read the same book across devices and automatically syncs where you left off so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The app syncs your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights between Android, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8, and any of our Kindle devices using our Whispersync technology.
• Sample Books Before You Buy—Read the first chapter of a book for free before you decide to buy.
• Customize Your Reading—Choose your preferred font size, screen brightness, background color, and orientation (portrait or landscape) to read your books.
• Borrow eBooks from the Library—Check out ebooks from your local library and have them delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
• Read print replica textbooks on Android tablets. Print Replica Kindle books maintain the rich formatting and layout of their related print editions and provide features to help students study smarter including ability to highlight passages, add margin notes, and search for keywords. Whispersync technology saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes, and highlights across your devices.
* Selection for U.S. users only; selection and price of ebooks and e-periodicals vary by country.
About app permissions
Download the Kobo app and browse from over 4 million free and best-selling eBooks, magazines, comics and children's books.
See our top Free eBooks: http://store.kobobooks.com/Collection/free-ebooks
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We’ll sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. You can track how long it takes to read a book, earn fun and surprising awards, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews to friends.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US, Canada, UK, Italy and France.
**For users upgrading and are not able to open their books, please uninstall and reinstall the app. Sorry for this inconvenience as we are working with Google to solve this problem that is affecting the Kobo app and other apps.
• Search popular genres and unique topics to find any story you can imagine
• Follow stories as they are written, get updates for new chapters
• Connect with writers and other readers. Leave comments on stories and discuss the newest plot twists!
• Save to your library and share what you’re reading with your friends
• Write your own stories. Share your writing with the supportive Wattpad community
• Download stories and books to the app so you can read offline
• Personalized recommendations of stories to read
• Stay connected to your stories with a newsfeed of updates and comments from friends
• Sync all your stories and ebooks between your phone, tablet, and computer
• Android Wear support
Millions of stories to choose from:
• Choose from popular romance, fanfic, non-fiction, mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, short stories
• Popular cast celebrities: Lucy Hale, Harry Styles, Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Luke Hemmings
• Works by well-known authors: Margaret Atwood, Paulo Coelho, RL Stine, Dan Brown, Anna Todd
• Trending fan fiction: Anime, Supernatural, Twilight, One Direction, SNSD, Harry Potter, 1d
• The classics: Alice in Wonderland, Sherlock Holmes, Romeo & Juliet, Pride & Prejudice, and much more
• Find stories from new reading lists and book clubs
Discover the next 50 Shades of Grey!
Immerse yourself in a great story anytime, anywhere, by downloading from a breathtaking range of 180,000+ titles to your Android device—from best sellers to classics, and everything in-between.
Now you can turn on and listen to a good book even when you can’t pick one up—on your way to work, at the gym, while folding laundry, or any other time your eyes and
hands are busy.
• Transfer books to your device over Wi-Fi
• Audiobook chapter navigation, bookmarking, sleep mode, variable narration speed, button-free mode
• Multitasking for background downloading and listening
• Switch between reading and listening with Whispersync for Voice (compatible Kindle device required)
• Access the Audible store to purchase more audiobooks
• Earn badges and keep track of your listening habits and audiobook achievements
• Get insider information about author events and more with the Audible Newsfeed
Listening with Audible is always time well spent. Download the free audiobook app now and discover a smarter way to use your smartphone.
Visit us at www.audible.com or get in touch on Twitter @audible_com
If you're in the UK, visit us at www.audible.co.uk or get in touch on Twitter @audibleuk
Are you in Germany? Go to www.audible.de. Follow us on Twitter @audible_de
Are you in Australia? Go to www.audible.com.au. Follow us on Twitter @Audible_au
Are you in France? Go to www.audible.fr. Follow us on Facebook at audible.fr
Ebook Reader is free, and optimized for Android devices.
- Epub3 format support
- User-created collections for sorting your books
- Turn pages with a tap or swipe
- Never lose your place in the book
- Landscape or portrait orientation is lockable
- Easy navigation inside the book
- Search for text inside books
- Night-reading mode is easy on the eyes
- Adjust font size with a tap
- Login with your existing eBooks.com account
- Sync your eBooks.com online bookshelf with all your devices
- Online synchronization for bookmarks, highlights, notes and current reading position with all your Android and iOS devices
- 3rd-party (imported) book support
- Free classics at your fingertips immediately
- Shop for ebooks within the app
- Buy New York Times bestsellers as well as technical, professional and academic books
- Online backup - your online ebook library is always accessible, so anytime you get a new PC or phone, your books are ready to download from your eBooks.com bookshelf
Bookstore Features –
+ Browse more than 50,000 free ebooks
+ Books arranged in most popular categories
+ List by top downloaded books, by top authors and by languages
+ Search the bookstore by book title, author last name, or enter any category
Book Reader Features -
+ Supports epub, fb2 and plain text file formats
+ Read epub books from your SD card
+ Resize text, adjust brightness, jump to any page
+ Bookmarks and Table of Contents
+ Read in Sepia and Day/Night mode
+ Curl Page animation
+ Volume key navigation
+ Read in two column view
Our top categories include -
Fiction books, Romance books, Fantasy books, Adventure books, Science fiction, Christmas books, Horror books, Short stories, Love stories, Religious books, Humor books, History books, Poems, Poetry, Travel books, Detective Books, and many many more !!!
Our most popular authors include -
Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Dostoevsky, Charles Dickens, Oscar Wilde, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll, Wodehouse, James Joyce, Aesop, Victor Hugo, HG Wells, Plato, Jack London, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Hardy, and others
Our most downloaded books include -
Aesop’s fables, Peter pan, Sherlock holmes, Moby dick, Alice in wonderland, Pride and Prejudice, Kama sutra, Dorian gray, Beowulf, Grimm’s fairy tales, Anna karenina, Don quixote, Hamlet, Macbeth, Pinocchio and thousands more
We offer books in many languages including -
Chinese books, German books, French books, Spanish books, Portuguese books, Russian books, Greek books, Japanese books, Polish books, Italian books, Dutch books
Upcoming version -
We will soon be including Goodreads reviews and ratings for all books
Each book's category and language will be displayed on book details page
We hope you like the application and share it with your friends! We love to hear from our users. In case of any feedback/issues with the app, please reach out to us at email@example.com
The app mines Amazon for all the best Kindle book deals in real time and offers them up to you with an hourly notification. You can download the price dropped / free Kindle books from within the app. You will then be able to sync your Kindle to grab all the books you download with this app.
Please note - you will still need a Kindle or at least the official Kindle reading app to read the books listed within our app. Free Books For Kindle is NOT a reading app.
This app was not created by Amazon.
Browse, sample, and binge on New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, popular audiobooks, acclaimed comics & graphic novels, and more. All for $8.99 per month, less than the price of a paperback.
Discover recommendations tailored to you based on titles you’ve loved, or explore hand-picked favorites from our editors. Store titles right on your device and take your library with you wherever you go.
We’re available in 80 languages across nearly every country on mobile, tablet, and web. Start your free trial today.
·Unlimited access to one million books, audiobooks, and comics
·Personalized recommendations & editors’ picks help you discover new favorites
·Store titles offline to read anytime, anywhere
·Syncing across mobile, tablet, and web
Want to see what we’re up to? Follow us on Twitter (@Scribd) and like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/scribd
Got questions? Check out our FAQs. http://www.scribd.com/faq
PRAISE FOR SCRIBD
“Movie lovers have Netflix, music lovers have Spotify – and book lovers (whether they read literary fiction or best-selling potboilers) now have Scribd.” – NPR
"[T]he long-awaited ‘Netflix for comics’ has arrived." – Los Angeles Times
“[Scribd] is a place where you can browse and skim and read whatever strikes your fancy…” – WIRED
"…Scribd is on to something." – Fast Company
"You'll never find yourself without something to read ever again!" – InTouch Weekly
★The leading eBook application for the Android platform
★25+ million users from over 200 countries
Differences between the Aldiko Book Reader Premium and the Aldiko Book Reader Free are: the Aldiko Book Reader Premium has highlights (for EPUB files), notes (for EPUB files), book cover editing and home widget features, gets faster update and does not contain advertisements.
Features of the Aldiko Book Reader Free:
✔ Support EPUB, PDF formats as well as Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks.
✔ Support eBooks from public libraries.
✔ Fully-customizable reading experience: adjust font size, font type, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing as well as brightness to best suit your preference. The Aldiko Book Reader also supports night-time reading.
✔ User-friendly interface: the Aldiko Book Reader supports both Android phones and tablets. You can create your own bookmarks anywhere in the book, rapidly jump to a different section of the book through the table of content.
✔ Advanced library management system: import your own EPUB and PDF files into the app to read them on the go; organize your eBooks by tags and collections. Aldiko will also remember your reading position automatically, bring you back to where you left off.
✔ In-app shopping experience: browse huge catalogs of eBooks, including best-sellers, new releases and classics (lots of them are FREE)
✔ Other cool features not to miss: global-text search in a book, dictionary, add your own favorite catalogs (OPDS support) and many more
Aldiko Book Reader works on Android phones and tablets with Android version 2.3 or above.
 Quickly get your interest eBooks by our featured search tools:
● Search by Amazon categories (Arts & Photography, Cookbooks Food & wine, Business & Investing, Literature & Fiction, Romance, Self-help, etc…)
● Search by Customer Reviews / Book ratings / Publication date / New and Popular
● Search by your Keywords
● Featured eBooks – Books of the Month / Top 100 rated books / Top 100 reviewed books
 Easily switch to several Amazon sites for your favorite language (Amazon US, Australia, UK, Canada, Germany, France, India, Brazil and more to be updated)
 Book screening is more enjoyable than ever with simple friendly flat design User Interface (UI) and dominant book cover.
Everything is at $0.00 for a limited of time. So please enjoy the FEK App now! If you find it useful, kindly give us your review and rating below.
Lastly, nothing is perfect. We are keeping improve this app every day. We also love to hear your constructive feedback or any idea for a better FEK App. Please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is always appreciated.
- The FREE eBooks for Kindle (FEK) App is not a Kindle reading app. You still need a Kindle reader app to read all the ebooks listed in this app.
- Free eBooks for Kindle App is not affiliated or related to Amazon.com in any way.
- Kindle is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
“As an eReader App, NOOK really is one of the best.”- Android Authority
• New! Enjoy thousands of kids’ interactive picture books and use the “Read and Record” function so that there’s no skipping of the story time, even if you can’t be there.
• New! Customer-favorite features from NOOK® tablets and e-Readers include adjustable font sizes and night mode. Easier navigation and better way to browse with NOOK Channels™.
• New! Create multiple profiles within the app for the whole family
• New! Organize favorite content by personal shelves to keep your library
With Nook, you can synch your last page, bookmarks and notes. There is an option to search inside the book and look up words with the downloadable in-app dictionary. You have a wide variety to choose from over 1,000 magazines and newspapers—single issues or subscriptions while you can focus on an individual article via ArticleView® and Zoom View for a close up via NOOK Comics®. The Nook Reading App also allows you to read in portrait or landscape mode. The blind and low vision readers can also use the NOOK Reading Appusing Android assistive technology that includes screen magnification and TalkBack.
The Nook Reading App supports British English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish titles
Selection shown above for U.S. users only; selection and price of e-books and e-periodicals may vary by country
*NOOK account and credit card registration required.
UB Reader provides a comfortable reading experience for Android smartphones and tablets, allowing you to read EPUB and PDF files - DRM-protected and otherwise. An integrated file browser allows you to quickly add any eBook stored on your device or over email.
SIMPLE YET POWERFUL READING FEATURES:
• Easy and fast navigation - page flipping with animations, scroll slider to help you get to desired page easily.
• Customizable reading experience - font size and type customization, multiple view modes for easier day or night reading, brightness adjustment, and page orientation settings.
• Useful text search features.
• Bookmark pages for quick reference later.
• Open EPUB / PDF files from external file browsers.
• Localized in 12 languages - French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Swedish.
ROBUST EBOOK MANAGEMENT:
• Bookcase view lets you add new shelves, select multiple books, view by list or grid, and search through your collection.
• Integrated file browser - quickly browse and import your own EPUB and PDF files from the memory card on your device, and also import entire folders of ebooks.
• Books can be received as email attachments and imported to UB Reader from the Preview option of the email client.
• Sort books by title, author, or time of use.
PURCHASE A UB READER FULL VERSION KEY FOR EVEN MORE FEATURES:
• Ad free.
• Text-to-Speech support.
• Lock specific books in your library.
• Create direct shortcuts to books on your homescreen.
Goodreads is a free service for everyone who reads. We have more than 35 million members who have added more than 1 billion books.
* Search, rate, and review any book in our catalog of more than 12 million books.
* See book reviews and updates from your friends, and comment on them.
* Browse your shelves! Next time you are deciding what to read, your to-read list will be handy.
* Add status updates and page number updates for books you are currently reading.
* Use the barcode scanner to quickly scan all of your books onto your Goodreads shelves.
* Also use the scanner to quickly access book information while on the go.
* Find your address book contacts or Facebook friends on Goodreads
You can use the basic features of this app without a Goodreads account, but sign in or sign up (you can do this in the app) for the best experience!
Why does Goodreads need the READ_CONTACTS permission?
You may choose to use your Android Contacts to find which of your family and friends are already on Goodreads. Your contacts will not be read unless you explicitly choose to do this.
- Lead images: experience Wikipedia like never before with a prominent, contextually-relevant image and description at the top of articles
- Image gallery: tapping on an image shows you the image full-screen in high resolution, with options to swipe left/right for browsing additional images
- Descriptions from Wikidata: when searching, each search result now contains a quick description that helps to contextualize the result. These descriptions are also shown in other areas of the app, like Nearby
- Article suggestions: scroll to the bottom of an article to see suggestions about what you could read next
- Saved pages: save select pages for offline reading and browse them even when you don't have a data connection
- Nearby: learn more about what's around you by getting links to articles about things that are near your current location
- Language support: seamlessly switch to reading Wikipedia written in any language
- Table of contents: swipe left on any article to bring up the table of contents, which lets you jump to article sections easily
- Wikipedia Zero: data charges waived for participating mobile operators
Send us your feedback about the app! In the menu, press "More", then "About the Wikipedia app", then "Send app feedback".
The code is 100% open source. If you have experience with Java and the Android SDK, then we look forward to your contributions! https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia
For more convenient library view install our Bookshelf plugin https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fbreader.plugin.library
Main book formats: ePub (ePub3 is partially supported), Kindle azw3 (mobipocket), fb2(.zip).
Other supported formats: RTF, doc (MS Word), html, plain text.
Supported via free plugins: PDF (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.pdf), DjVu (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.geometerplus.fbreader.plugin.djvu)
FBReader supports synchronisation of your library and/or reading positions with FBReader book network (https://books.fbreader.org/), a Google Drive™ based cloud service. Synchronisation is disabled by default, go to preferences dialog to enable it and configure parameter.
FBReader is fast, highly customizable. Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts and custom backgrounds. Screen brightness can be changed during reading (slide finger up/down along the left screen edge). Supports different day/night color schemes.
Includes a browser/downloader for network ebook catalogs/stores. Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included. Custom OPDS catalogs are supported too.
Alternatively you can download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
FBReader is integrated with external dictionaries. Supports Dictan (https://www.google.com/url?q=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.softex.dictan), ColorDict, Fora Dictionary, FreeDictionary.org, LEO dictionary.
Localized for 29 languages. Includes hyphenation patterns for 24 languages. Open-source (GPL).
EBook reader is one of the best reading tools. It can help you to easily manage, and open all the ebooks on your phone. We also integrate multiple free ebook download sites, allowing you to easily get the desired eBooks.
Supports ebook formats: epub (non-DRM), fb2, doc, txt, rtf, html, chm, tcr, pdb, prc, mobi (non-DRM), pml.
* Pages or scroll view. Page flipping animation.
* Table of contents, bookmarks, text search.
* Bookmarks on text fragments (comments or corrections) - useful for proof reading.
* Export of bookmarks to text file.
* Built-in file browser, quick recent books access.
* Online catalogs (OPDS) support.
* LitRes online book store support.
* Text to Speech (TTS) support.
* Hyphenation dictionaries;
* Most complete FB2 format support: styles, tables, footnotes.
* Additional fonts support (place .ttf to /sdcard/fonts/)
* Support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean languages; autodetection of TXT file encoding (GBK, Shift_JIS, BIG5, EUC_KR).
* Day and night profiles (two sets of colors, background, backlight levels).
* Brightness adjustments by flick on left edge of screen.
* Background texture (stretched or tiled) or solid color.
* Paperbook-like page turning animation or "sliding page" animation.
* Dictionary support (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Fora Dictionary, Aard Dictionary).
* Customizable tap zone and key actions.
* Autoscroll (automatic page flipping) - start using menu/goto/autoscroll or assign action Autoscroll on key or tap zone; Change speed using volume keys or bottom-right and bottom-left tap zones; stop - tap any other tap zone or key.
* Can read books from zip archives.
* Automatic reformatting of .txt files (autodetect headings etc.)
* Styles can be customised in wide range using external CSS.
* Select text using double tap (optional).
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/textures/ -- to be used as tiled page backgrounds.
Place additional textures to /sdcard/.cr3/backgrounds/ -- to be used as stretched page backgrounds.
(/cr3/ directory can also be used instead of /.cr3/, and internal SD or internal storage instead of /sdcard/)
We believe that this eBook reader is what you're looking for.
Need to learn more features, please download the trial.
This app is based on Cool Reader code, and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Cool Reader: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
GNU General Public License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/