LetMeTalk enables you to line up images in a meaningful way to read this row of images as a sentence. To line up images is known as AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication).
The image database of LetMeTalk contains more than 9,000 easy to understand images from ARASAAC (http://arasaac.org). Additionally, you can add existing images from the device or take new photos with the build in camera.
To use LetMeTalk, no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary. Therefore you can use LetMeTalk in almost any situation, like hospitals, nursing home or schools.
At the first start of LetMeTalk, the app will download a data package with all images (about 70MB).
You can find LetMeTalk tutorials at http://letmetalk.info/support
• autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome, autistic spectrum disorder (ASD)
• speech apraxia
• articulation/phonological disorder
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
• Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
• cerebral palsy
• down syndrome
✔ more than 9,000 images from ARASAAC included
✔ voice support for images and sentences
✔ unlimited creation of new categories and adding new images
✔ pre configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
✔ load / save your current profile (vocabulary)
✔ keep several profiles on your devices and switch fast between them
✔ share your profile easily with other devices
✔ load new profiles from our forum directly within LetMeTalk
✔ switch fast between 2 languages and use LetMeTalk as translator
✔ supported languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Romanian, Galician, Catalan, Basque
✔ voice, if used language is supported by installed text to speech engine
-Extremely easy to learn and use
-Create beautiful three-by-three Grids
-5 Grids, 9 Tiles per Grid, up to 45 Images
-Add pre-stored images or take pictures using the tablet camera on the spot
-Easily toggle between Edit and Speech Mode
-Switch between grids instantly
-Configure one whole grid in less than one minute!
-It is recommended to use "IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ" as the default TTS Engine. Also recommended to use "IVONA Kendra US English beta" (or the voice of your choice) as the default voice for best user experience. Instructions on how to configure this can be found on the youtube channel below or the user manual.
-It is recommended to use an external speaker for the best user experience
-Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/youtalkaac for easy tutorials explaining how to use YouTalk AAC
-Visit http://www.youtalkaac.tumblr.com for user manual and other information
-Contact YouTalk AAC at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, concerns, and suggestions!
-Acer Iconia A501 10.1''
-ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 10.1''
-Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime 10.1''
With the app you can create categories, words and phrases, which are placed on large buttons. With these buttons you can create messages that can be shown or spoken. It is also possible to type any text using the keyboard.
Speech language and voice
The voice is not part of the app, but the app uses the voice that’s installed on your device. For instance the voices from Google Text-to-Speech. You can change the voice in the settings of your device. You can also download other voices or speech languages from the Google Play Store from companies like SVOX, Acapela or Ivona.
Feedback and information
For feedback, questions, tips or problems, please contact: email@example.com
More information: http://www.a-soft.nl/speechassistant-tips.html
Designed for tablets and smartphones
The app is initially designed for use on a tablet. But the app also works fine on large smartphones.
Easy to use
1. Click on one of the 12 categories.
2. The phrases and words that belong to the category are shown on large buttons.
3. Click on the buttons to create a message that is shown in the display. Or you can type any text on the keyboard.
4. Click on the speaker icon and the message will be spoken out.
• General Settings: Auto complete, option to prevent double touching and more options.
• Layout and Colors: The size of the buttons, the display and the textsize can be adjusted. It is also possible to adjust the color scheme.
• Categories and Phrases: It is simple to add, change or delete your own categories, words or phrases.
• Speech and sound: For adjusting the sound settings and a link to the Text-to-Speech settings of your device.
• Backup and Restore: Option to backup and restore your categories, words and phrases.
• Keyboard shortcuts for USB/Bluetooth keyboards for Speak, Clear and Show button.
Alexicom AAC lets you use your Android phone or tablet as an augmentative communication device. We offer over 1,200 pre-made pages and over 7,000 images in our public libraries, which include twelve pre-made page sets: ChildPreA/B, Child1A/B, Child2, Child Intermediate, PicSpeechmaker, Adult1, Adult2, Speechmaker, Healthcare, and Spanish Child1. You can easily import these pages into your own online library, customize them, and/or create your own pages. AT&T Natural Voices offer text-to-speech output in 20 voices and five languages.
Because your pages are stored on the Alexicom server, picture importation is easy. You can upload your own pictures from your hard drive, camera, or flash drive, or copy them straight from the internet using any of the popular search engines. It’s as easy as pasting the image URL into the cell you’re editing and pressing ‘Update’. Page creation and linking are equally simple.
Alexicom is not device dependent. Your pages can be accessed from any Mac, PC, or Linux computer, Android or iOS device, or other device with a standard web browser. Pages can be shared between SLPs, teachers, and caregivers and edited without taking the device away from the user. Use your pages online or offline and publish them to multiple devices. Easily print your pages and even use them on an interactive white board.
Free features include:
• In-app page creation and editing
• Direct camera image acquisition
• Bluetooth and direct touch scanning
• Word prediction (XT9 where available)
• On-board text-to-speech in over 25 languages (uses any installed TTS engine in any language)
• Bluetooth & direct touch scanning
• Auto-scan & step-scan
• Sequential & row/column scanning
• Auditory preview scanning
• Automatic home page loading
• Password-protected editing and settings menus
• Ability to merge, replace, and delete pages
• 32 speaking, linking demo pages
This version allows direct publishing of our public library page sets to your Android device. Easily publish an entire page set in 3 + 1 button presses. From the Publish New tab: 1) Select a page set, 2) check Select All, and 3) hit Publish (Merge to keep existing or Replace to erase all). Once the content has been packed, the "Click here to download" link will appear. Click it and the page set will automatically be installed on your device.
Explore Speechmaker (196 pages), PicSpeechmaker (243 pages), Child Intermediate (318 pages), and many other page sets.
IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION: The file structure of the app has changed. You will not have access to content from previous versions. If you install this version of the app, you MUST republish your pages.
If you are updating from a previous version and would like to install the demo pages, please try the following:
1) Press the menu button and select the 'Unzip new pages' tab
2) Press the 'Unzip new' button
3) Select 'Replace'.
4) It should clean up the file directory and ask you if you would like to install the demo pages.
5) Select 'Yes'.
6) It will unzip the demo pages into the new directory.
If you need assistance, please contact us.
TapToTalk turns an Android Phone or Tablet into an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) device. TapToTalk makes communication fun, like another “game” on this cool device. Just tap a picture and TapToTalk speaks. Each picture can lead to another screen of pictures.
This free TapToTalk™ app allow users to choose among different sets of AAC albums based on the needs of the non-verbal child or adult. Samples albums are available for children and adults and in different languages; including English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.
TapToTalk is a must have app for special needs children with autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, apraxia and other speech delays.
TapToTalk has earned the Parent Tested, Parent Approved Seal of Approval.
Parents of special needs children and adults.. join the AAC revolution with TapToTalk!
If you want to create albums that are individualized to meet the specific needs of your child, you can buy TapToTalk Designer at http://www.taptotalk.com. You can use your own pictures and change the voices. THE FREE APP IS PROVIDED TO ALLOW YOU TO SEE IF IT IS APPROPRIATE FOR THE ADULT OR CHILD BEFORE YOU BUY OR TRY DESIGNER. TapToTalk Designer comes with a 30-day "No Questions Asked" return policy.
The AACSpeechBuddy solution allows users to quickly and easily create customized Speech Sets using their own photos or collected images, or using images from the AACSpeech.com image repository.
With the AACSpeech.com image repository you have access to over 2000+ images from the Mulberry Symbols collection by Paxtoncrafts Charitable Trust.
These images are internationally recognized standardized PECS images, and are now available FREE for use in your own custom speech sets.
Users can also share content with each other , allowing Teachers & Parents to create and share Speech Sets - that can be loaded onto the AACSpeechBuddy APP
Teachers & Parents can create and group Speech Sets into profiles - which allow the sets to load on ANY AACSpeechBuddy Application - by simply entering the profile #ID in the AACSpeechBuddy App
Once the Speech Sets are loaded they DO NOT require a network connection to run - the App and Desktop Application only requires a live internet connection when loading new or updated speech sets.
Once the Speech Sets are loaded the APP and Applications access the Speech Sets locally.
Widgets (you can resize): 2X1 2X2 4X1 4X2 4X4
4X2 and 4X4 can be put on the lock screen Android 4.2 +
Why did you choose this player?
- It's free.
- You store a pause in any file.
- The player knows where he was stopped.
- A lot of widgets.
- There are previewed.
- There is a sleep timer.
- The ability to search for skins on the Internet.
- There is an equalizer.
- Ability to save playlists.
- Pause button during a call.
- Pause at the time of speech recognition.
- Ability to toggle songs with the volume keys.
- Ability to start playing when the headset.
- There is internet radio.
- Support for Cyrillic.
- Ability to customize the headset button.
- Tag editor.
- Support for M3U.
- Translation for the lyrics.
- There is visualization.
- Auto Pause saving the files longer than 15 minutes.
- There is a slide show of all pictures to the music.
- Ability to split files.
- Support for cloud storage Yandex.Disk.
- There is a synchronization device on Android.
Currently supports the following formats:
.mp3 .ogg .3gp .wav .mp4 .m4a .mid .xmf .mxmf.rtttl .rtx .ts .aac .flac .mkv
- Change the audio settings: It is necessary to adjust the volume.
- Read the identifiers of the state and the phone: It is necessary to pause when a call.
- Key lock for the lock screen.
- Permission to record with microphone for visualization.
- Search accounts on the device for synchronization.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play most video and audio files, as well as network streams and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is also a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
This version is for all devices except ARMv6 devices. They will be supported in a future release.
VLC for Android needs access to :
• "Device & app History" to be able to read logs, to help understand crashes and issues, so we can improve VLC.
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Device ID & call information" in order to pause music/video during incoming and outgoing phone calls.
• "Other" to check network connections and hide the streaming parts when needed.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read phone status an identity", in order to pause music during outgoing and incoming calls.
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "control vibration", in order to provide UI feedback when seeking in the video and audio players.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
- For Android TV app only:
• It needs "record audio " for audio search using your microphone.
• It needs "to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen.
Some of JABtalk features include:
-Navigation designed to be intuitive for toddlers
-Build sentences from words
-Organize words into user-defined categories for simple navigation
-Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word or category for immediate physical feedback
-Ability to rearrange and resize pictures
-Download unlimited number pictures from internet directly into JABtalk!
-Ability to capture pictures directly from your device's camera
-Ability to import pictures from your device's memory card
-Ability to record your own audio for words using your devices microphone.
-Ability to import audio files from a memory card
-Supports text-to-speech if you don't want to record or import your own audio files
-Easy to use passcode protected administrative tools for managing words and categories
-Fullscreen mode to prevent kids from easily exiting app
-Easily backup/restore your data to preserve your changes or move your entire dataset to a different device
-Online tutorials at http://www.jabstone.com/videos
If you are using JABtalk as an AAC device for an individual with special needs (down syndrome, autism, etc...), we strongly recommend having the individual assessed by a speech-language pathologist to ensure JABtalk is the most appropriate solution for the the individual's needs.
It allows importing web pages directly from the browser to listen to them. You can also import selected text from other apps.
-Text to voice
-Read web pages
-Play / Pause / Stop
-Export audio as WAV file
-Lots of languages (internet connection required for some)
Make your phone say anything you want in many languages! Let your phone read the news for you!
There's a paid version available WITHOUT ADS here:
NOTE: Your phone must have a Text-to-Speech enginge for Talk to work. If it doesn't have it you can download it from Google Play. Depending on the TTS engine, some languages that appear in the app may not work.
G+ community: https://plus.google.com/communities/107986392540899459664
What is PictoVerb?
PictoVerb is an augmentative and alternative communication app for tablets and smartphones. It transforms universally recognizable symbols into audio sentences, helping people with speech impairments communicate.
Who do we recommend it for?
To everyone - regardless of age - who are hindered in communication because of congenital or acquired conditions. PictoVerb has already given voice to people living with autism, aphasia or intellectual disabilities.
● Hungarian (Magyar)
● Maltese (Malti)
● Armenian (Հայերեն)
● Italian (Italiano)
● More to come ( contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org )
● 8 thematic categories (Foods, Drinks, Personal care, Sentiments, Clothing, Free time, Tools, Nursing)
● Adjustable button and grid size
● Child Safety Lock protecting the settings menu
● New folders, new pictures can be added, own voice can be recorded
● Easy to use, easy to learn
Have Grace read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a US English female, high quality and natural-sounding voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with TTS-enabled apps, Grace can:
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- read a notification containing the caller / sender's name, and read the content of an incoming call / sms / mms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
- help you learn English by reading aloud the correct pronunciation
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com for a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice, Pocket Blonde...
Browse http://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/ for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
- Easy to Use
- Multiple Natural Sounding Voices
- 12 TTS Voices - English US, English UK, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Russian
> Help - I hear Nothing <
By default Android only comes with English Speech Engine. And only that is available for Offline Use.
To listen to other languages you should have a Data connection enabled or Need to download Speech Engine for Offline Use.
To Download Speech Engine for Offline Use, Follow these instructions:
1. Open Android Settings
2. Tap Language & Input
3. Tap Text to Speech Output
4. Tap Settings of Google Text to Speech
5. Tap Install Voice Data
6. Tap Download button to download the language engine of your choice.
Windows Version is also Available - http://www.abhisoft.net/talking-translator/
Useful for those who have difficulty using language as a communication channel.
The app is useful in case of congenital disabilities, acquired and/or temporary, allowing through the speech of the device on which it is installed, a fast voice prompt, communicating effectively problems, needs and requests.
A communicator useful also for those people who have had their vocal chords removed and for hospitalized inpatients who are unable to speak the english language.
Available a simple mode for severe disability.
One of the 2013 best app: Productivity - for the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
- Multiple Languages Choosing
English: Australia, British, USA, Canada, New Zealand, India
Chinese: Mandarin, Cantonese
French, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, Latin
Arabic: Egypt, Qatar,Saudi Arabia
-Voice to Text, and text can be edited and sent by Multiple Apps