1)Uses a minimal user interface to conserve resources. If you do not like the screenshots or do not want to learn a new interface then do not install it.
2)If you do not like the app name or icon then do not install it.
3)TIPS section below has important info.
An Android web browser
TRUST: Right permissions with no spying.
SPEED: No bloat with focus on efficiency.
FEATURES: Crash restore, undo closed tabs, infinite tabs & more.
FREE: As in no cost. Not for profit & not ad-supported but the sites you visit may be.
I wanted a trustworthy browser with features I need yet using as few resources as possible. I hope you enjoy it.
"I’d say he’s done a pretty good job. There are no superfluous functions or bloat of any kind, and you aren’t even expected to put up with ads."
--Conan Troutman, xda-developers.com moderator/writer
GOOGLE, FIX ANDROID WEBVIEW!
Please "star" this issue on Google's bug site to vote for it. Must be logged in to Google to vote.
Adobe Flash and other features in older versions of Android may not work on your device.
• Close current tab by touching its tab bar button.
• The "desktop" button allows you to view full, rather than mobile, versions of sites.
• Swipe right --> to show bookmarks/history. Long press bookmarks/history to edit.
• One finger zoom: Double-tap and hold, then swipe left/right to zoom.
• Undo close tab: Long press new tab "+" button.
• Access tab history: long press current tab button.
• Choose a search engine for URL bar search: Long press "go" arrow.
• Routinely use the "exit" button & close unused tabs to minimize crashes and free memory.
• Adobe Flash support: Download Flash player from the Adobe web site & install http://tinyurl.com/4aflash
• Read through browser options for more tips.
CANNOT SEE MENUS?
If your device has no menu button and no 3-dot overflow menu, you may be able to long press the device app switch button. Paid Pro version provides more ways to view menus. There is also an another build of the free version which does not require a menu button: http://nakedbrowser.com/android/nakedbrowserNDM.apk
OTHER BROWSERS TRACK USERS!
This thread discusses violations in several popular browsers: http://tinyurl.com/pbrowse
Not concerned with privacy? Spying wastes resources (battery, bandwidth, CPU) and slows your device.
Naked Browser does not use data to spy, monitor, or even show ads. All data transfer is solely as a result of your requests & retrievals. Because Naked Browser is designed for efficiency, you may use more data simply because you can browse sites faster.
Naked Browser uses the Android WebView (WebKit) that's on your device--the same one used by the stock Browser. All data requests & retrievals, all cookies, all passwords, etc. are handled by the WebView and Naked Browser does not interfere with the default behavior.
Naked Browser does not and may never employ a phishing filter, which can warn you if you have visited a site suspected of hosting malware. This does not mean that Naked Browser is insecure, but that--like with any web browser--you should be careful what sites you visit.
• Internet: ONLY for your web page requests & retrievals. Absolutely no monitoring or snooping, & ad-less too.
• File read/write: ONLY so you can save & upload files. Absolutely no other reason.
• View network state: ONLY to handle changes in network connectivity.
• Keep device from sleeping: ONLY to prevent downloads from being cut off.
Easy Browser's maker copied whole paragraphs of this app description to their page. Copy this next time: Get Naked Browser!
Geo-location, which is in the paid Pro version.
Designed and made by an independent software developer named Tony in Redwood City, California, United States of America.
Thanks to Mike & Charlotte for all the alpha testing.
Interactions with the scanned item can be watching Conference Agenda, Contact the organizer, Photo Gallery, Conference Projects, Registration & Videos
You can test the App by scanning the EEDC logo from www.egyptthefuture.com
Just point your camera to the logo (Top Left) and you will get its related contents.
The application can scan more markers which are updated dynamically to the application together with their digital content.