EQ REPORT is the Android app of earthquake-report.com, bringing easy-to-understand earthquake information to millions around the world since 2011. EQ Report is not only informative but also extremely fast.
Besides listing all earthquakes, EQ Report also detects earthquakes in real time, sending out alerts just before the quakes are being reported by seismology agencies. 7 years of experience and hundreds of input sources are part of our information and detection system.
EQ Report collects your earthquake shaking and damage experience and shares your information instantly with other users of the app and the website, something we have been doing long before any other organization.
Multilingual (English, French, Dutch, Hindi ... more to come)
Download EQ Report today and become a member of the “worldwide EQ Report family”. Together, we can build a strong earthquake information system.
* World zoomable google map with the latest earthquakes. The last 3 earthquakes are shown in a different color.
* Earthquake bullet points vary in size depending on the magnitude.
* Clicking on a bullet point shows the magnitude of the earthquake.
* Select your preferred notification sound.
* Magnitude selector from M2.5 to M6, in 0.5 steps.
* Hypocenter depth selector from 50 km to 750 km in 50 km steps.
* Notification ON/OFF button
1) “Earthquake notifications” based on your personal preferences (region / magnitude / depth). Selecting this notification opens the “earthquake list” screen.
2) “Breaking News notifications”: Clicking the notification will open the related news or information page.
3) “Alert notification” indicates there was a sudden increase in visitors. Selecting the notification opens the Alert/Pre-alerts screen.
An on/off button in the settings screen activates/deactivates options 1 and 2.
An on/off button in the Alerts/Pre-Alerts screen activates/deactivates option 3.
I FELT IT form
* It takes only a minute to share your shaking/damage experience with EQ Report, other app users and our scientific partner.
* Pushing a button will add your location information automatically (if you allow us to use it), otherwise you will have to fill it out manually.
* Add your MMI shaking value and your personal remarks and you are all set to send out your experience.
* This screen shows the last 50 I FELT IT User experiences
* If anyone else felt the same earthquake, that person may already have shared an experience before you. You’ll find it here.
* This screen also shows user experiences EQ Report received before an official listing existed.
* Shows the last 50 earthquakes based on your personal settings.
* Map of the epicenter + blue bullet points to user experiences.
* I FELT IT form for that specific earthquake.
* “More Info” button redirecting the app to our website article.
* Uexp button with I FELT IT reports, collected for that specific earthquake.
There are 3 ways to reach this screen:
a) via the red/orange button on top of the Map screen
b) on top of the List screen
c) “Other Subjects” folder
The screen shows the name of the countries experiencing an exceptional (red) or unusual (orange) increase in user activity.
"OTHER OBJECTS" screen
* Home: opens the List screen
* Alerts / Pre-alerts
* Earthquake Search
* Deadly Earthquakes
* Be EQ (earthquake) Prepared
* Be Tsunami Prepared
* Facts and Fiction
* Understanding earthquakes